Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM 2.0
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM 2.0

Anyone else get the email about SolusVM 2.0? It looks VERY nice compared to the current interface. I was actually in the middle of looking at other options but I may wait to see if they actually produce it. They've been talking about 2.0 for 3 years now.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think it is due June/July time, I am not that bothered about the look but some of the new features will really help.

• As long as you can use the enter button on login, that would make me quite happy. As that is currently really really annoying... And the style does look a lot better, it may convince me to stick with it instead of finding a new option.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @SNetworks1 said:
    As long as you can use the enter button on login, that would make me quite happy. As that is currently really really annoying... And the style does look a lot better, it may convince me to stick with it instead of finding a new option.

You can use the enter button still.

Just press tab then enter

• I wish they allowed free personal licenses limited to say 5 VM's on one box :(

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @ATHK said:
    I wish they allowed free personal licenses limited to say 5 VM's on one box :(

They do offer a smaller license for 2 or 5 VM'S

• @AshleyUk said:
    They do offer a smaller license for 2 or 5 VM'S

Free? Link?

• This update should be good. I'm more concerned about what they're doing with the backend than the frontend. What's bad with the current backend and does anyone know what they're planning?

• @ATHK said:
    Free? Link?

http://www.licensepal.com/products/solusvm.php

Not free but cheaper than unlimited license.

• @AshleyUk said:
    Not free but cheaper than unlimited license.

Lol no thanks, I'd hardly use it anyway.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited February 2015

@ATHK said:
    Lol no thanks, I'd hardly use it anyway.

Nothing decent in life is free... Even things which claim are free have some way of getting their money.

TV license in the UK is for the BBC really, but you need it for everything even if you don't watch the BBC channels.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Just press tab then enter

True, but thats not really what you want to tell clients that like me when I bought my first VPS thought "Yeah, just type my details in and press enter" then sat there thinking why isnt this working.

@WickedGamingUK said:
    This update should be good. I'm more concerned about what they're doing with the backend than the frontend. What's bad with the current backend and does anyone know what they're planning?

It just looks old and out dated. Its not the easiest to navigate around, and still has quite a lot of legacy features that were removed quite some time ago that most people should have migrated away from.

• @SNetworks1 said:
    It just looks old and out dated. Its not the easiest to navigate around, and still has quite a lot of legacy features that were removed quite some time ago that most people should have migrated away from.

The 2.0 previews are the backend

So there you have it - just a brief overview of the management interface design.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2015

Am i the only one who doesn't give a sh*t about the look / design and thinks that the functionality is what matters?

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

TBH it looks like something off an Admin Template purchased from Themeforest.

• @SNetworks1 said:

That's the frontend, not the backend. I'd like to know what they're doing with the backend.

• @Licensecart said:

So there you have it - just a brief overview of the management interface design.

I am aware that it is the back end, I personally still see that as somewhat dated and definitely not the easiest to navigate around.

@WickedGamingUK said:
    That's the frontend, not the backend. I'd like to know what they're doing with the backend.

I am aware, I have seen the screen shots of both front and back end, I feel that it is a major improvement over the current style, as the style we have now could use improvement, more so in the navigation between pages and finding stuff.

• i didnt get any emails yet but i hope it will be better , and i will wait till i make sure there is no bugs or anything that will effect my clients

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Please post the screens.

• Perhaps onAPP push Solus to a better level now ;)

• Serverlux said: Perhaps onAPP push Solus to a better level now ;)

Only with the UX side :-) SolusVM has lots of features which OnApp has been lacking since its inception.

• edited February 2015

@SNetworks1 said:
    I am aware, I have seen the screen shots of both front and back end, I feel that it is a major improvement over the current style, as the style we have now could use improvement, more so in the navigation between pages and finding stuff.

No, the frontend are the panels that you look at. The backend is the code behind it.

• @WickedGamingUK said:
    No, the frontend are the panels that you look at. The backend is the code behind it.

Oooh, Im with you now. I thought you meant the back end within admin panel, not the code behind it. And why should it matter how they change the code anyway? If it serves the same function in a far better way, who are we all to argue it?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Can you please post the email? Never got it and their blog doesnt have anything about it.

Thanked by 1Radi
  • @SNetworks1 said:
    Oooh, Im with you now. I thought you meant the back end within admin panel, not the code behind it. And why should it matter how they change the code anyway? If it serves the same function in a far better way, who are we all to argue it?

I'm just curious what they're doing with it. They're making a big fuss about it but I don't get what there is to do with it. The design enhancements should be good, though.

• @WickedGamingUK said:
    I'm just curious what they're doing with it. They're making a big fuss about it but I don't get what there is to do with it. The design enhancements should be good, though.

I assume its optimization and overall security improvements. They have been adding to the code for so long, its probably just them doing a lot of re-writing and cleaning up to make it run a lot better.

• @SNetworks1 said:

I can say the same about your website, and the footer is empty...

@Radi said:
    Please post the screens.

Icons are temp icons whilst they wait for their custom ones.

• @Licensecart said:
    Icons are temp icons whilst they wait for their custom ones.

Yes, my site could use improvement, though last time I checked, we were talking about SoluvVM, not my website.

• @SNetworks1 said:
    Yes, my site could use improvement, though last time I checked, we were talking about SoluvVM, not my website.

And you said

somewhat dated and definitely not the easiest to navigate around.

I just managed to quote the wrong bit. The new one looks much easier to use and much nicer.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Looks good, though really feels like themeforest's providing. As somebody said here, they should start by allowing enter button on login. Then make it responsive(they have done this already). Perhaps be licensed like Feathur.

If I get more ideas, I will post them.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Some news about automated backups?