Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CentOS Web Panel - Any Good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CentOS Web Panel - Any Good?

After using all the usual free VPS panels and searching for more to test I came across CentOS Web Panel, looks awesome tbh but is it any good?

It comes with everything you need and has its advantages over webuzo & VestaCP with offering Varnish with Apache.

Anyone used it before?

Comments

• Sentora works fine with centos and ubuntu.

M B

• I still thinking better combination between nginx-proxy/hiawatha-proxy (nginx/hiawatha + apache) + mod-pagespeed (for apache) + apc/xcache (for php) + enable microcache.

BTW, Kloxo-MR 7.0 also possible enable varnish beside nginx-proxy and hiawatha.

• Webmin + virtualmin are the best free cp

• you can try ispconfig may be ?

• serverpilot.io - they set your vps completely, run a single command, sit and relax, vps ready to go.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

said: offering Varnish

That's interesting. Did they get the logging right where Apache logs the client IP instead of the localhost IP? It's one of those things that's far easier said than done, and most internet suggestions on it are wrong. It would improve my opinion of them.

Dazzle said: serverpilot.io

Really wish they supported OpenVZ :(

• check zpanel or sentora

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Geekion said:
    check zpanel or sentora

I feel like an offer is incoming.

• I'm using "CentOS Web Panel" for the last 6 months. So far it is working perfect.

• hicohico Member
    edited February 2015

I'm using Centos Webpanel and it works quite well for me. There was an issue with a second IP but that is sorted. A few other little things, such as I changed the ssh port to 2200 and the warning still says I have 22 assigned.

Nevertheless, for the individual running a few sites and servers with CentOS I think it is a huge leap forward. The GUI is so much easier than webmin/virtualmin.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • Thanks for the feedback

• I have used this panel and its pretty good. Its free and open source.

• +1 for centos webpanel

• +1for centos webpanel also

• I'm going to install it later today and see how it goes, thanks everyone.

• I am using this with a few of my managed clients, it works well and no issues so far.

KloxoMR is a good choice, but takes a bit of know how to set it up.

• You can try Ajenti, it has small footprint. Apache and Nginx are supported. Works well on CentOs

• +1 for Centos Web Panel use it for my own sites no issues at all

• @Jar said:
    I feel like an offer is incoming.

offer?

• @Me_B said:
    Sentora works fine with centos and ubuntu.

@Geekion said:
    check zpanel or sentora

Nope nope nope. Never will you get me using a panel where the Devs actually go out of their way to dismiss valid security concerns. It reeks of sweeping things under the carpet.

I have seen way too many zP installs broken into, sites hacked &/or defaced. And yes, I ran a server with it and I won't ever again.

• New domains not work for me in Cent OS panel, loading default page always.

• amh 4.2

• Me_BMe_B Member

@Monsta_AU said:
    I have seen way too many zP installs broken into, sites hacked &/or defaced. And yes, I ran a server with it and I won't ever again.

did you test sentora? Zpanel had flaws fixed. Try to update your server as needed.

• I tried about 4 months ago. It seemed buggy at the time. Might test it out again to see if the issues were fixed.

• It actually looks good, Looks like they have added a few cool security things which interest me more than varnish

• @Me_B said:
    did you test sentora? Zpanel had flaws fixed. Try to update your server as needed.

You said there still no migrating script from zpanel to sentora yet.

• No good XP from his cpanel backup transfer.
    piece of crap about varnish cache.

I prefer KloxoMR 7 and Webmin

• Me_BMe_B Member

@qwerty11 working on that already in my free time & as you know, I'm doing it like all the team for free :-( and few are helping...

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited March 2015

Me_B said: did you test sentora? Zpanel had flaws fixed. Try to update your server as needed.

Don't care. I no longer use it, will never use it again. The Dev's attitude stinks, the whole project is on my blacklist. I will never use it no matter how many times it is renamed.

It would be better if you would stop coming in here and pushing your own 'product' (using that term very loosely because as a product it is not fit for use), not only is it completely off-topic, it is also rude.

The thread is about CWP - and yes I do actually use that. Because it actually works, it actually has a developer working on it who cares, and is more stable that whatever it is that you are calling your 'product' this week.

This discussion has been closed.