Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Cloud Provider? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Cloud Provider?

2»

Comments

• @sin said:
    Check out Quadranet Infracloud or Dediserve

I have been using Dediserve for a while now. Kinda have mixed views about them at this point. Just now, a new server provisioning issue took 3 days to resolve.

If you are on a LET plan, you are not a priority to them.

• @Maounique said:
    Uncle posted it here. he was basically given the boot because they dont need italian hackers. Before that I thought their hate is only directed at romanians and since that is the norm in the world today, didnt give it much thought, but if I plan to host anything critical there, it has to be considered. So far, never managed to sign up with them and I did try at least once every year, last 2-3 with both personal and company data, always being rejected, at times for ludicrous reasons such as paying with paypal, using a proxy when there was none, or no reason given at all.

I can sorta relate to that. I signed up few days ago for their runabove.com plan. When I tried to setup a server, it failed by giving an error during provisioning. (Something with resources not available). I tried to setup a new one with smallest package but that failed as well.

I sent them a ticket to resolve the issue with a screenshot. After 4 days I got a reply from support that the issue has been resolved. When I tried to login after that, it was giving a nice lil message "Account suspended due to Fraud"

Well I did my best to provide them everything they asked for. (Billing prof, ID proff, CC front scan) but they were just not interested to have me as a client. And from their replies, it did sounded like they have something against my country. (Due to high fraud or something)

• @kornnflake said:
    Runabove's no beta, just their lab projects like the Cloud Sandbox are in beta.

and thats what people are using for $2.50 for a 2GB KVM or $5 for the 4GB KVM.

• @JoeMerit said:
    ya Runabove is cheap but its beta and can be terminated at any time without warning.
    just read the bottom of the page he linked.

Low-end offers should never be used for production. As backup, temporary...etc.

In reality, any provider can terminate services at any moment, whether it's said in their rules or not. So, the obvious piece of advice to those using low-end offers is to have at least 2 active at any moment, to switch to the other one when/if primary goes to /dev/null

Thanked by 2Maounique Dylan
  • @Umair said:
    If you are on a LET plan, you are not a priority to them.

All plans are very high priority to us - we had an issue with template provisioning in Lon3 cloud, which did take a lot longer that we would have liked to resolve - but it certainly wasn't personal !

• @dediserve seems interesting but seems much costly compared to others... are there any LET offer available? please let me know

• There's a 512mb xen for $5 IIRC.

I think forum search will find it.

• arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited February 2015

They offer let prices on launch of new location and they have 2 location launches pending. Hopefully you will be able to grab one of their plan when they launch them. I'd suggest you to keep an eye here and grab one as soon as it's available. They are one of awesome hosts out there

• thanks @vimalware @arpanjot found it and signed up.. new location ( Far East) also I am looking for, hopefully then I can get another

• We also have a 'LET' box

Direct Cart Link https://manage.dediserve.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=1

1 Intel Xeon E5 CPU - 512MB RAM - 15GB Enterprise SSD - 10GB Snapshot Space - 100Mbps Internet Uplink - 750GB Monthly Transfer - 24/7 Support, Firewall

• try http://mnx.io/ @NickMNXio is a pretty reasonable and knowledgeable guy. I don't have a cloud with them yet but have it in pipe for sure.

Thanked by 1NickMNXio
  • @dediserve said:
    We have active DDOS filters in Amsterdam, all other locations will endure attacks up to 2Gbps / 1M PPS before auto null.

Hi,
    I am interested but the prices are a little expensive per IP considering Im going to need around 16 IPV4 For SSL certs. Also how much DDoS can your Netherlands location take ?

• We provide it without charge up to 1Gbps. There may be a charge for larger or long duration attacks. The filters can handle over 100Gbps.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2015

@dediserve said:
    We provide it without charge up to 1Gbps. There may be a charge for larger or long duration attacks. The filters can handle over 100Gbps.

Are there any deals you could do me on IPs as i need around 16?

• Drop us a line or hop into livechat for more details...

• icryicry Member

@Umair said:
    Nice site there :)

Thank You :)