Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Cloud Provider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Cloud Provider?

Hi,
Was just wondering but what are your thought about the best cloud KVM company?
I normally would use vultr but are better Cloud hosts out there?

I also would prefer DDoS Protection as default but want to stay away from OVH + Need SSDs and the fastest performance.

Comments

• Also I need at least 15 IPv4 due to SSL certs ?

• Most of the budget VPS providers (digitalocean, vultr) won't give you more than 1 IP4 per server.

Thanked by 1wumingshi
  • edited February 2015

Wable and Vultr (Affiliate link removed) "give" more than one IPv4.
    But for 15, you should look at ServerMania and Glesys.

• Check out Quadranet Infracloud or Dediserve

• LeeLee Veteran

Not sure if @dediserve has DDoS protection. Wable is not KVM.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • We have active DDOS filters in Amsterdam, all other locations will endure attacks up to 2Gbps / 1M PPS before auto null.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @dediserve said:
    We have active DDOS filters in Amsterdam, all other locations will endure attacks up to 2Gbps / 1M PPS before auto null.

Any details about Amsterdam scrubbing L3/L7?.

I have 2 idling dediserves there. Wish I knew this earlier.

• rokokrokok Member
    edited February 2015

linode xen & dediserve kvm for me

• dediservedediserve Member
    edited February 2015

In Amsterdam we've dedicated huawei filters. Up to l7 capable.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @rokok said:
    linode xen & dediserve kvm for me

We actually run xen

• rokokrokok Member
    edited February 2015

ah, ;p

btw where is new Vienna and Sing

• Both due in the coming week. We had troue with importation in Singapore which delayed us.

Thanked by 2vimalware arpanjot
  • LeeLee Veteran

@dediserve said:
    We have active DDOS filters in Amsterdam, all other locations will endure attacks up to 2Gbps / 1M PPS before auto null.

Good to know, it seems that being a moderator here makes you a DDoS target. Pesky kids.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Are you looking for the best cloud provider period, or the best in the budget market? The best best -- that is, high end -- providers tend to use Xen.

• @MonsteR said:
    Also I need at least 15 IPv4 due to SSL certs ?

Could you not use SNI? Or do you need to support a device/browser that can't do SNI?

• For high end offers, VMware. (Really costy...)

• May be you can try a digitalocean

• DazzleDazzle Member
    edited February 2015

vultr -> the best, imo.

kihi -> cheapest kvm.

• I use RunAbove Cloud for my website http://www.99blogger.com

Performance and Connectivity across the world is good...try opening it..

Moreover Super Cheap 2.5$/month for 2gb ram :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

icry said: Moreover Super Cheap 2.5$/month for 2gb ram :)

Says 9$ for me?

• ya Runabove is cheap but its beta and can be terminated at any time without warning.
    just read the bottom of the page he linked.

edited February 2015

Actually, that does not matter much for me, I will certainly not run production apps there, beta or not beta, because I know OVH used to terminate services int eh past based solely on the ethnicity of the people.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • LeeLee Veteran

Maounique said: because I know OVH used to terminate services int eh past based solely on the ethnicity of the people.

Interested to see your proof, that is a pretty serious allegation.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Are you looking for cloud cloud with HA etc or KVM pretty marketing cloud of which this threads suggestions consist of?

• I prefer DO.. My account on VULTR has been suspended because exceed bandwidth limit and the bill reached 20USD.Im not going to pay LOL.. I prefer DO because until now, I only pay 5USD even used more than 1tB

• @JoeMerit said:
    ya Runabove is cheap but its beta and can be terminated at any time without warning.
    just read the bottom of the page he linked.

Runabove's no beta, just their lab projects like the Cloud Sandbox are in beta.

• Ask Vultr if they offer it or not ?

• @icry said:
    I use RunAbove Cloud for my website http://www.99blogger.com

Nice site there :)

Thanked by 1icry
    edited February 2015

Lee said: Interested to see your proof, that is a pretty serious allegation.

Uncle posted it here. he was basically given the boot because they dont need italian hackers. Before that I thought their hate is only directed at romanians and since that is the norm in the world today, didnt give it much thought, but if I plan to host anything critical there, it has to be considered. So far, never managed to sign up with them and I did try at least once every year, last 2-3 with both personal and company data, always being rejected, at times for ludicrous reasons such as paying with paypal, using a proxy when there was none, or no reason given at all.

Thanked by 1Umair