Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostingSquad Windows 2003 Liscense Key? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostingSquad Windows 2003 Liscense Key?

Comments

• Fun party to miss.

• For VPS hosting purposes Windows key would need to be sourced from SPLA. Anyone doing BYOL is basically asking for troubles.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@eLohkCalb said: For VPS hosting purposes Windows key would need to be sourced from SPLA. Anyone doing BYOL is basically asking for troubles.

If has has DC license + hyper v, I do not see a problem. Not sure if this is cosnidered SPLA or not.

• @Boltersdriveer said: @Inglar: Not really, it's just used for DNS.

I would buy one for the poni.

• GaryGary Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy said: /thread can be closed

Do you have that set as a macro?

edit: So I've read the thread now, what the hell Randy? Quit the VPS business. It's a new disaster every day with you, and now you've been caught using pirated windows licenses?

Doesn't matter who you got it from, it was your responsibility to get it from a reputable person and make sure the key isn't stolen. A simple google when receiving the key would've shown you it was public, therefore useless.

You're either lying or exceptionally stupid. Or both.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

This dicussion can be closed
    check the proof that i have provided. and please just shut up and mpve on

• @Randy said: mpve

Multi-Phase Vapour Extractors!!!!!

• gianggiang Veteran

@Randy said: This dicussion can be closed

check the proof that i have provided. and please just shut up and mpve on

What proof? At least you have to show us the screenshot of the email that Neo sent the keys to you, not the meanless chat that not related to any of illegal keys you used in your template.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited August 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: DC license

If the license is obtained via SPLA, then yes. If it's from other channels (not available from retail though), then it is limited to the owner's use only.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

just for the sake of truth i will post what i have left sadly, i cant post any skype chat logs becuase my PC has died on me\

i dont think there there is any need to comment on this thread any further

thehostingsquad.com/key

that shows enough proof. that is all i am gonna say.

• @Randy said: that shows enough proof. that is all i am gonna say.

I'm not helping Randy, but I think either way Neo's reputation is also going down at this rate. He's involved regardless. Randy at most feels naive, but not shady.

• @Randy said: thehostingsquad.com/key

doesn't show anything meaningful. Here's "proof" I replaced google with LET

• TazTaz Member

Simple host info edit ;)

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Simple host info edit photoshop ;)

• TazTaz Member

Photoshop is not needed. Edit out your host settings @your PC, point any domain to any place you want to. Also why Photoshop? Type in desired domain name on the address bar, don't hit enter, boom.

• I think this thread has come far enough, Randy has admitted to using a pirated license(regardless of source), closed his business and refunded his clients. So let's just leave it at that, and stop continuing this drama.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited August 2012

@dmmcintyre3 You can tell if its fake actually. One you have that search text on the side. Also the favorite icon has disappeared, which means its fake.

Firefox does the same with the fav icon.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I think Randy collected a good number of mistakes in his first experience, we all should hope he learned the lesson. LowEndTeachers can now get some rest :P

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • gianggiang Veteran

@ihatetonyy said: Simple host info edit photoshop ;)

Just visit any website then copy and paste another address on address bar, then print screen, you don't even need photoshop =)

• @giang said: Just visit any website then copy and paste another address on address bar, then print screen, you don't even need photoshop =)

That method is not the one Randy could of used by my fact above :P.

• Well, how do you know he is using Photoshop?
    Are you creating the picture using Photoshop and giving it to Randy?

Please stop with the false assumption and close this thread.
    It's enough. How long you people will continue with this?

Sometimes you will create the same mistakes, and people will do the same like you do to you. Will you want it?

What do you want? I'm one of his customers too, and he's refunding me full.
    What about you who are commenting? If you went to deadpool, will you do a refund?

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2012

In this case, Randy isn't at fault. the loomhosts link is real.
    mirror.loomhosts.com << just now deleted ;) but i was quick to glance and screenshot it.
    The list has 13 keys and all of them are available on google search from warez sites.
    in case the link is deleted, i can provide screenshot via pm as proof

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited August 2012

@peppr said: In this case, Randy isn't at fault. the loomhosts link is real.

Exactly. I always see Randy as someone that's naive but not shady. By the way, I doubt Randy is a master at photoshop. If so he wouldn't have needed to close shop.

Neo has more explaining to do than Randy. Loomhosts has more problems here. Hosting warez keys on their site. I wouldn't go with them.

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited August 2012

It's still around - http://mirrors.loomhosts.com/distros/ . Moved the key to private folder for now, I need to chase the provider for the keys now - understanding I don't provide Windows VPS's, I didn't really bother checking those ISO's and keys etc, and passed them on to Randy. I'll provide a better explanation when I can.

• Its not the same. I dont have anything agianst you, but i can assure that what i saw isn't the same. mirror.loomhosts.com exactly matched @Randy's screenshots.

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited August 2012

Yep, it's not the same @peppr - moved it to private folder in fact. The same ISO and (key?) he used is still there, however.

• @Boltersdriveer said: Yep, it's not the same @peppr - moved it to private folder in fact.

Anyway, @Boltersdriveer has admitted to giving Randy those keys.

@Boltersdriveer said: I didn't really bother checking those ISO's and keys etc, and passed them on to Randy.

And he should be responsible for what he gives too. End of story. It doesn't matter if you don't sell Windows VPS. It was on your site. You were the owner and you gave it to someone else for commercial purposes.

• Indeed, will have to run a check with the person who supplied me those files in the first place - in fact, I think I do owe @Randy a very huge apology with regards to what happened here.

• So why did Loomhost have the pirated files?

• @MrLabradoodle: It was just an offer from someone who wanted to help "populate" my mirror subsite, just accepted it without thinking much actually, since I didn't deal with Windows licenses and etc, didn't check them out back then.