Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Goodhosting.co going to deadpool? (or, at least, he is acting to his clients like he will) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Goodhosting.co going to deadpool? (or, at least, he is acting to his clients like he will)

Comments

• @doughmanes said:
    Autistic / Aspergers?

Yes, actually.

• GoodHosting said: Great place we've got here.

Great Providers we've got here!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@GoodHosting

If you answered the tickets people wouldn't post their horror stories here.

• LeeLee Veteran

GoodHosting said: If we reply:

People will complain.

If we don't reply:

People will complain.

Great place we've got here.

Well don't visit here, don't participate and don't advertise. If you can't do that then you need to step up and deal with shit. You can't benefit from and use LET as the place to get your customers and then avoid them.

Thanked by 2GoodHosting netomx
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited February 2015

@mikho said:
    GoodHosting

If you answered the tickets people wouldn't post their horror stories here.

Yeah, this one is my fault. I followed up and offered him another chance at us. I didn't follow-up correctly after that (didn't reply to the new ticket that I had him create, as I was working on the FOX-2 location and our CHI-1/CHI-2 issues already.)

I'm sorry guys; I'm one person; doing what I can here. I already tried to hire more, even from here, and you saw what happened.

Honestly, if everyone would be so kind as to give us 24 hours (from this point) to try and clear things up, we might be able to solve everyone's problems a little; without me having to sit here and refresh this page, instead of working on the actual problems.

@W1V_Lee said:
    Well don't visit here, don't participate and don't advertise. If you can't do that then you need to step up and deal with shit. You can't benefit from and use LET as the place to get your customers and then avoid them.

Yeah, and I don't. I know full well that we're not in 100% of a shape as we should be; because I need to find more people that can handle the things that I don't have enough time to work on (because of dealing with threads, and some very unfortunate events like what happened to our CHI-1 location, and we're still working on helping people from this.)

I haven't been posting offers here because I know full well we need to deal with our shit first.

• GoodHosting said: Yeah, this one is my fault.

I have seen many posts complaining about Goodhosting, so I doubt this is a single fault.

• @W1V_Lee said:

Updated the above post, sorry about that; please scroll up to see the reply.

@foetti said:

This isn't the only one, but it's not as if I can say "three out of the last sixteen issues have been my fault."

@GoodHosting said:
    Honestly, if everyone would be so kind as to give us 24 hours (from this point) to try and clear things up, we might be able to solve everyone's problems a little; without me having to sit here and refresh this page, instead of working on the actual problems.

This is not a single occation and you are not the only host who runs it single handed.
    As a personal opinion and my advice to you is to prioritize your work day.
    What gets done when and how.
    Try to find things that can automate or at least decrease the amount of time a specific task takes you.

Lets talk about an example:
    Provisioning servers. It is nice that you "promise" to deploy it within 72 hours. How about that every day between 8 and 9 am you deploy newly ordered servers? If there are no new sales, you can start on the 9 am task already at 8.15, giving you another 45 minutes to finish that task.

When all daily routines are done, start digging in on the other tasks that doesn't have a set timeframe. If you keep the information about "72 hours provisioning" people (your customers) will have a warm fuzzy feeling that you took the time to deploy them earlier then said timeframe. They will feel special and thats how you keep customers. Getting new customers is the easy part, keeping them requires hard work to make them feel special and selected.

Thanked by 3Lee vimalware Mark_R
  • @GoodHosting said:
    Honestly, if everyone would be so kind as to give us 24 hours (from this point) to try and clear things up, we I might be able to solve everyone's problems a little; without me having to sit here and refresh this page, instead of working on the actual problems.

Corrected that for you.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@GoodHosting if you need help with anything, even an extra set of hands to get back on your feet feel free to reach out to me. I know it's weird getting help from a "competitor" but I wouldn't put my reputation on the line just to turn around and screw somebody over and make a few bucks or hurt another provider.

• Pro tip: change your username to @MediocreHosting - it will lower customer expectation and you won't get any more notifications from people tagging @GoodHosting, allowing you to get on with your work undistracted. It's a win-win situation!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Pro tip: change your username to MediocreHosting - it will lower customer expectation and you won't get any more notifications from people tagging GoodHosting, allowing you to get on with your work undistracted. It's a win-win situation!

It also works. We never had enough servers for OVerZold.

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    Pro tip: change your username to MediocreHosting - it will lower customer expectation and you won't get any more notifications from people tagging GoodHosting, allowing you to get on with your work undistracted. It's a win-win situation!

MehHosting is also catchy

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

I like OKhost, but goodhosting is catchy.

• Brilliantly, mehhosting.com and okhost.com are both taken. MediocreHost.com is still available however...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    Brilliantly, mehhosting.com and okhost.com are both taken. MediocreHost.com is still available however...

Dan was going buy MehHosting with my student discount

Thanked by 1netomx
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited February 2015

@mikho said:

We've been working on automation for a while; and it would seem that WHMCS simply isn't capable of doing what we need it to (auto provision through order has many issues, such as the fact that multiple quantities are always run in the same script execution (so it's very easy for the process to be terminated randomly in the midst of your order...) and we've been working on our own billing system for a while; but a long way to go.

Problem is when you're the only one allowed to see the customer information and deal with customer data (legally) in your Corporation, due to Candian Data Protection and Canadian Privacy Act laws; our Technicians are primarily limited to linking things from our FAQ or KnowledgeBase in regards to a problem; they're not allowed to touch customer data.

Hence, I'm stuck doing just about all the Tech, and really do need to find a face for the LE-management, as I can't do both things at once (as it shows, and I already knew.)

@KuJoe said:
    GoodHosting if you need help with anything, even an extra set of hands to get back on your feet feel free to reach out to me. I know it's weird getting help from a "competitor" but I wouldn't put my reputation on the line just to turn around and screw somebody over and make a few bucks or hurt another provider.

Unfortunately, see above. We're going to OpenSource our billing panel's development soon, and anyone will be able to work with it; use it; help on it if they want to, etcetera. I'm not sure myself what else I could have anyone help with, even if; but I do thank you for the offer.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    MehHosting is also catchy

Again bashing another provider, how about you shut the hell up.

Your service is nothing to be proud of.

Thanked by 1sirmbhe
  • @ATHK said:

Man take a breath today. Also in the Online.net thread

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Man take a breath today. Also in the Online.net thread

Backseat moderator.

• @ATHK said:

haha

GoodHosting said: We've been working on automation for a while; and it would seem that WHMCS simply isn't capable of doing what we need it to (auto provision through order has many issues, such as the fact that multiple quantities are always run in the same script execution (so it's very easy for the process to be terminated randomly in the midst of your order...) and we've been working on our own billing system for a while; but a long way to go.

Stop blaming other software. There are issues with WHMCS but provisioning modules can "easily" (for the right coder) be made. Often when there is a provisioning failure its because the communication between the WHMCS server and Node fails in some way. That is nothing a new billing software can do better. Another thing that can cause failure is when the WHMCS server doesn't have enough resources available.

And I would imagine that creating a "better" provisioning module for WHMCS is easier then creating a whole new Billing System?

Thats another thing about prioritizing your work. Don't start to many things at once.
    Like me, I've got probably 10-30 ideas on services that I could offer or other projects that are still not started because I need to finish the ongoing stuff first.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting

@ATHK and @TinyTunnel_Tom , please behave :) If you have an argument with eachother that is not related to this thread, take it to the mud pit or in private and work things out..
    Thank you

signed by your humble moderator..... :)

• mikho said: Don't start to many things at once. Like me, I've got probably 10-30 ideas on services that I could offer or other projects that are still not started because I need to finish the ongoing stuff first.

+1, I also seem to have this issue.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • @mikho said:

I could explain the situation in detail if you'd like, but it boils down to:

• We had to move our WHMCS to Centara + CloudFlare because it was under attack (still is. [and both Centerra and CloudFlare have uptime issues, so our billing is down from time to time as it is.)
    • Our CHI-1 and CHI-2 locations are isolated VRRP subnets, and can't be accessed externally (all provisioning and administration is done over the management network, which requires a tunnel (we could GRE an authenticated agent maybe?)

I'm keen for any ideas anyone has for solving that kind of issue, and wouldn't mind paying for it either (we've hired two Cisco engineers so far, both of which failed to deliver a working solution.)

As per the billing, we've paid developers to do it for us (I did delegate that, at a pretty penny; as I knew that I alone would have no chance in hell of completing it within a reasonable time frame. However, that means this has been the money sink for a while as you would imagine.)

We're still looking for business (/PR) as well as people that can manage the social accounts (such as LowEndTalk.) If I had more time, I could be on top of issues like this easier. Unfortunately, I can't without sacrificing on service uptime (literally.)

• edited February 2015

@mikho said:
    ATHK and TinyTunnel_Tom , please behave :) If you have an argument with eachother that is not related to this thread, take it to the mud pit or in private and work things out..
    Thank you

signed by your humble moderator..... :)

Thanked by 3Mark_R Neoon netomx
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@GoodHosting said: Honestly, if everyone would be so kind as to give us 24 hours (from this point) to try and clear things up, we might be able to solve everyone's problems a little; without me having to sit here and refresh this page, instead of working on the actual problems.

Done! You have not 24 hrs, but 72 hrs as far as I'm concerned. So long as it's not another 2 or 3 weeks. Feel free to leave my ticket for last as long as you fit in this time frame ;)

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • @aglodek said:
    Done! You have not 24 hrs, but 48 hrs as far as I'm concerned. So long as it's not another 2 or 3 weeks. Feel free to leave my ticket for last as long as you fit in this time frame ;)

Can I please have the ticket ID of the "Service Provisioned" ticket? (this is the primary ticket, the one that contains your service information; and the only record of your service location as far as our system is concerend (WHMCS...))

Thanked by 1aglodek

GoodHosting said: I could explain the situation in detail if you'd like, but it boils down to:

Please don't, it takes valuable time that you can spend on your customers instead.
    I have nothing against you as a person or provider since I've never met you or used your services. I'm only trying to give pointers, that for some are obvious but others need help with.

I'm more interested in the Canadian Law that forbids workers to access their clients information. But thats another topic and should be discussed in another thread. :)

Thanked by 2aglodek GoodHosting
  • Well, I was sleeping and missed all the responces...

GoodHosting said: Yeah, this one is my fault. I followed up and offered him another chance at us. I didn't follow-up correctly after that (didn't reply to the new ticket that I had him create, as I was working on the FOX-2 location and our CHI-1/CHI-2 issues already.)

I hope you don't reffering at me when you say you gave another chance! Because another chance is worthing somebody that did something faulty in the original chance!

As of the original issue, I can even understand that on September, something could go wrong and the service didn;t provisioned by a human mistake (we are all humans and that's perfectly respectable). But in the recent ticket, waiting 6 days without a single responce (even one that saying, "please give me a couple of days" or something like that) or answer the pm I dropped in LET, when you obviously logged in this forum and posted comments to unrelative with your bussiness threads, then, the excuse of "having to handle all by myself" is poor...

You may want time to resolve problems, but you obviously should have time to responce with a small update to a client of yours, when your client see you active in trying to... resolve problems of other providers or users of LET...

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
This discussion has been closed.