Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DollarVZ - Dirt Cheap DDoS Protected IPV4 NAT VPS | Starting @ $1.35/ Annually - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DollarVZ - Dirt Cheap DDoS Protected IPV4 NAT VPS | Starting @ $1.35/ Annually

Comments

• @nexmark

Is 800 MHz dedicated or shared?

• @Chuck said:
    nexmark

Is 800 MHz dedicated or shared?

Dedicated to your container.

• Mine is only 600Mhz, the first round of egg ($1.35). Is it right?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@windytime90 did you got it delivered?

• @Infinity580 said:
    windytime90 did you got it delivered?

Yes, about 1 month ago. I was the first one who found the egg :)

• Another tempting offer for a very low price Nat Based VPS... :)

• @windytime90 said:
    Mine is only 600Mhz, the first round of egg ($1.35). Is it right?

That's correct for the first batch of eggs

• @nexmark said:

I'm interested in your 512MB package, to double confirm again with you that is it dedicated cpu? I can run cpu intensive app, right?

• @nexmark said:

I wish more providers would just cap the CPU when posting offers instead of suspend customer for high CPU usage.

• bersybersy Member
    edited February 2015

nexmark said: That's correct for the first batch of eggs

And what about the "Egg TX" and last batch?

• tonywonghstonywonghs Member
    edited February 2015

@Chuck said:
    I wish more providers would just cap the CPU when posting offers instead of suspend customer for high CPU usage.

Hi, I don't understand, so is it dedicated CPU or ???

And it is not really UNMETERED, right? But I think 10TB per month is more than enough..

• @nexmark said:

Price of egg increased? :P

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2015

@emdad said:
    Price of egg increased? :P

It's

$2.37 USD Annually

right now

• @tonywonghs said:
    Hi, I don't understand, so is it dedicated CPU or ???

He caps the CPU @ 800 MHz. So it's Dedicated to your VPS. It also means you won't get suspended for high CPU usage because you can only use 800 MHz.

• @Chuck said:
    He caps the CPU @ 800 MHz. So it's Dedicated to your VPS. It also means you won't get suspended for high CPU usage because you can only use 800 MHz.

Thanks for the answer, Chuck~~ It seems like a good news rather than other VPS that just put "Do not abuse CPU", which has no guideline at all how many usage consider "abuse"?

Okay, I will order 1 512MB. Thanks for the great work~~

• @tonywonghs said:
    I'm interested in your 512MB package, to double confirm again with you that is it dedicated cpu? I can run cpu intensive app, right?

Correct

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited February 2015

@bersy said:

Egg TX, has a full E3 CPU Core

Thanked by 1bersy
  • nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited February 2015

Alright, finally found the DollarVZ and TX Egg as well :p Is that -1 available a bug of WHMCS?

• @nexusrain said:
    Alright, finally found the DollarVZ and TX Egg as well :p Is that -1 available a bug of WHMCS?

Check maybe today - tomorrow

• Ordered one hours ago, still waiting for setup.

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited February 2015

@Chuck said:

Always depends on what you're planning to do with the VPS. I wouldn't buy a normal priced (so the DollarVZ and TX Egg excluded because of their pricing) VPS which has such a low cpu. If you're planning to do something which eats up the hole cpu all the time it's Alright - or get a completely dedicated Server. But for "normal" stuff like hosting Websites / Blogs / whatever, remote desktop, seed Box, Mail & dns Server you normally won't eat the full cpu so you can go well with a "normal" cpu and wont get terminated. I mean - a "normal" cpu (like an E5) got, let's say 3,3Ghz, a dedicated like here 800Mhz. Which one's faster? The normal.

So: if (very) high usage all the time - dedicated, else - shared. That's the best I'd say.

Btw @tonywonghs : some providers DO define what means abusive use to them, e.g. VPSDime

@nexmark New Eggs tomorrow? Great! :) and.. Is that a typo or a joke with the 256MB SWAG?

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited February 2015

@nexusrain said:

Always depends on what you're planning to do with the VPS. I wouldn't buy a normal priced (so the DollarVZ and TX Egg excluded because of their pricing) VPS which has such a low cpu. If you're planning to do something which eats up the hole cpu all the time it's Alright - or get a completely dedicated Server. But for "normal" stuff like hosting Websites / Blogs / whatever, remote desktop, seed Box, Mail & dns Server you normally won't eat the full cpu so you can go well with a "normal" cpu and wont get terminated. I mean - a "normal" cpu (like an E5) got, let's say 3,3Ghz, a dedicated like here 800Mhz. Which one's faster? The normal.

So: if (very) high usage all the time - dedicated, else - shared. That's the best I'd say.

Well, some providers like to pull scam. Sell super cheap VPS. After few months, suspend/cancel the VPS saying high CPU.

Many providers ToS only say "Do not abuse CPU". Which has no guideline at all how many usage consider "abuse"?

• ChanChan Member
    edited February 2015

Logging in for the first time...

~ $ ssh -p 1xxx [email protected]

The authenticity of host '[162.251.xx.xx]:1xxx ([162.251.xx.xx]:1xxx)' can't be established.

RSA key fingerprint is 64:xxxxxxxx.

Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes

Warning: Permanently added '[162.251.xx.xx]:1xxx' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

[email protected]'s password:

Last login: Sun Feb 15 22:56:04 2015 from 123.xyz.ijk

[root@nex ~]# history

1 iptables -L -t nat

2 cat /dev/net/tun

3 yum update -y

4 reboot

5 exit

6 history

Errrr

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited February 2015

@Chan said:
    Logging in for the first time...

We check and make sure IPTables, TUN/TAP is all working before delivery.

Then we run yum update for your convenience..

• @nexmark said:
    Then we run yum update for your convenience..

Aha I see. Seeing as TUN/TAP is working, are we allowed to setup a he.net ipv6 tunnel on our own?

• @Chan said:
    Aha I see. Seeing as TUN/TAP is working, are we allowed to setup a he.net ipv6 tunnel on our own?

Yes

• yesteday buy vps 1 year and no activate me! send ticket support and no response ... 24 hours have passed since I made the order

• ehabehab Member
    edited February 2015

@chdesign , bit more patience, you'll get it soon if noting is pending from nexmark side.

• @chdesign said:
    yesteday buy vps 1 year and no activate me! send ticket support and no response ... 24 hours have passed since I made the order

Everything is done manually, we're working on automation. Your container will be delivered today.

• Is there any new egg or am I just missing every restock of DollarVZ and or Egg TX?