Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIJX closing down, "late refund requests processed partly" [possible transfer to Fevvo, Inc.] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RIJX closing down, "late refund requests processed partly" [possible transfer to Fevvo, Inc.]

Comments

• Just received a new mail, seems @ItsChrisG really start acquiring RIJX.
    hope there'll be a happy ending for this "closing"

Thanked by 3PcNy creep ItsChrisG
  • RIJX is alive. Welldone @ItsChrisG

Thanked by 3PcNy creep ItsChrisG
  • Great Job! @ItsChrisG

Thanked by 1ItsChrisG
  • Congratulations @ItsChrisG you've saved a fair few!

Thanked by 1ItsChrisG
  • wow.. what was the point in saving an unsustainable vps company?

Thanked by 2jar MarkTurner
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@JoeMerit said:
    wow.. what was the point in saving an unsustainable vps company?

With the right experience and management, I guess he plans on making it sustainable.

Thanked by 1ItsChrisG
  • Can anyone confirm about the situation? Is it 100% rijx continue their service and no need to move my vps data?

• I email them maybe I can help in some way.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Get an extra backup and prepare for the worst. If it stays online you won't need to find a new host but it's always better to have a backup plan ready to execute.

Thanked by 1PcNy
  • AmfyAmfy Member
    edited February 2015

It's fun how no one here seems to understand why this is happening and such :-)

But yeah, what else to expect from a place like LEB/LET?

• Amfy said: It's fun how no one here seems to understand why this is happening and such :-)

In the end likely because an AU company cannot sign up for ARIN, thus they used Zeniva/Iniz space and wanted to replace it but could not afford/create an US entity for ARIN.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited February 2015

Either way, as always, we hope every one of you sticks around and ends up benefiting from the additional features (hardware upgrades, network upgrades,etc), capabilities and overall service level increases which are backed by a large, experienced/capable, and fiscally sound firm. Some of our other soon to be released projects/companies will undoubtedly play rolls with either integration of feature sharing as well.

There are many things I like overall of RIJX and the obvious goal for me and everyone involved, is to make it successful, ground breaking, and massively convenient/integrative.
    Not to mention we (**YES, WE **- there is a team of us) are close to their current datacenter and also operate a private datacenter suite in another near by commercial - thus not relying on people across the globe).

Again, if you have any questions -- suggestions -- complaints -- PLEASE email me personally at [email protected]

While RIJX and I are finalizing details (dont forget its Friday night over a long weekend), I am still taking an active stance to try and ensure eveyone feels (and IS) safe.

Thanks,

Chris Gotzmann

Fevvo, Inc - CEO

http://www.Fevvo.com
    (N.A. holding company of various internet related ventures)

Thanked by 4creep Faizi switsys PcNy
  • @Amfy said:

The ultra ridiculous or even bordering on just plain stupid offers abound here and people keep thinking there is magic sauce; there are some companies that are able to be saved if properly restructured (with both customers & business itself in mind), and then consolidated or heavily synergized with a larger company that has available resources or other far reaching angles of advantage by doing so. Sometimes there is a bigger picture than just "this company is losing money right now as it stands -- what a shity deal"

• @Amfy said:

It's happening because their business plan was to offer unsustainable pricing to gain clients, which is fine as a promotion but will fail everytime in the long term. I agree though is kind of fun to watch happen over and over again, lol.

• What i love from RIJX is they have a simple and clean control panel. Good luck @ItsChrisG

• I'd like to post an update since its been many hours -- that we are fighting the time zone differences with each other to catch up and finalize things.
    As of this point, I still believe everything to look positive.

Thanks!

Thanked by 2creep PcNy
  • @ItsChrisG said:
    I'd like to post an update since its been many hours -- that we are fighting the time zone differences with each other to catch up and finalize things.
    As of this point, I still believe everything to look positive.

Thanks!

Well done Chris :)

Thanked by 1ItsChrisG
  • At the end what I need to do? Request a refund or the service will continuing under fevvo??

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited February 2015

At the moment everything looks fine, we are waiting on return communication from the developer of the portal/control panel to approve transfer of ownership of the code/software to a new owner. Hopefully he gets back to us forthwith and we may begin the full transition to Fevvo, Inc ownership and management.

@soldoni

Thanked by 1creep
  • thanks Chris, I have 2 vps there... it is not for the money but for move all websites hosted there :D It is hard
    I am happy that the service will be continuing under another host.
    thanks for the effort to aquire them chris

• Quite interresting a business lookup in AU. She got a webhosting company and a mobile Hair studio lol (http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?abn=46379215070)

• @PetaByet said:
    This made me think of a Dallas VPS provider which recently popped up...

Don't even try it.

• Any news about this?

I noticed IPv6 was not working anymore on my RIJX VPS

• Looks now psychz instead krypt.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

heh I missed this thread, not a surprise it happened, I did wonder once Patrick sold up how long it would take.

A big business could turn this around to an advantage for very little risk if they wanted.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    heh I missed this thread, not a surprise it happened, I did wonder once Patrick sold up how long it would take.

A big business could turn this around to an advantage for very little risk if they wanted.

What's it got to do with iniz? Not a single price change has occurred on INIZ's end and we still have all our IP clients (including RIJX).

Patrick said: What's it got to do with iniz? Not a single price change has occurred on INIZ's end and we still have all our IP clients (including RIJX).

We? I thought you left.

Anyhoo I did say "I did wonder" that is all and that is what I did, as you still seem to know the behind the scenes deals at Iniz, did you continue to offer them very cheap IP's on tap to add to unsustainable products?

My 'wonder' was if the new owner had decided to stop giving out IP's for peanuts recognizing the unsustainable nature of the product lines they were being used with and as such they could not continue paying monthly bills with yearly deals.

That was my 'wonder'

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2015

AnthonySmith said: We? I thought you left.

Anyhoo I did say "I did wonder" that is all and that is what I did, as you still seem to know the behind the scenes deals at Iniz, did you continue to offer them very cheap IP's on tap to add to unsustainable products?

My 'wonder' was if the new owner had decided to stop giving out IP's for peanuts recognizing the unsustainable nature of the product lines they were being used with and as such they could not continue paying monthly bills with yearly deals.

That was my 'wonder'

Who said I left? I am still here for at least another month (6 months total) also was noted in the topic here previously.

What the businesses do with the IPs was non of my business and probably non of concern to the new owners, whether it be $0.5/yearly or $100/yearly offers. If thats what they wish to do that then thats up to them as long as they pay the agreed amount for the IPs on time and is justified.

I thought it had been more than 6 months, how time flies, and honestly that "6 month" line is usually just a 'just in case' assurance, anyway like I said I just wondered.

I don't care what anyone does with the IP's or what price they make the products, but I am not a fucking idiot either and I along with every other non-idiot saw this coming and it really is not a surprise.

Personally if I had a stock pile of IP's my business sense would tell me to sell them to sustainable use businesses as that guarantees a longer term payment for me, just my opinion though, just like everything else I said.

I still have no doubt a large company with owned assets could turn this around though.