Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any good web hosting website around with No worries of CPU?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there any good web hosting website around with No worries of CPU?

ir_darkghostir_darkghost Member
edited February 2015 in Requests

Hello.
I recently did purchase a Personal Class plan in Arvixe.But after two days of working with pages and posts in wordpress and theme option , system has limited cpu usage of my account.
Although arvixe is one of the world best web hosting websites, it didn't satisfy me.perhaps i should bought business class with 300 $ per year but i have no more than a 80 $ in a budget.

One of my friend has purchased 10 $/year plan from http://mycustomhosting.net/ and he was ok with that.at least more that me really.

So is there any good web hosting site that offers Not Ridicules plan's cost ,But offers good performance with rather more free-handed CPU for clients ?

Thank you.

Comments

• Try buyvm

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Put a website on VPS is not an option.

• @ir_darkghost said:
    Hello.
    I recently d
    id purchase a Personal Class plan in Arvixe.But after two days of working with pages and posts in wordpress and theme option , system has limited cpu usage of my account.
    Although arvixe is one of the world best web hosting websites, it didn't satisfy me.perhaps i should bought business class with 300 $ per year but i have no more than a 80 $ in a budget.

One of my friend has purchased 10 $/year plan from http://mycustomhosting.net/ and he was ok with that.at least more that me really.

So is there any good web hosting site that offers Not Ridicules plan's cost ,But offers good performance with rather more free-handed CPU for clients ?

Thank you.

In case you don't know it yet, Arvixe is now part of EIG. According to one of my friends who uses one of their shared hosting plans, support has gotten worst with more frequent downtimes as well.

• So any alternative ?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

ir_darkghost said: So any alternative ?

As @ATHK said, try BuyVM. Not their vps range, but shared hosting. Ask @Fransisco or visit them for their plan. Reseller plan (should be much more than enough for your needs) costs 2$ per month or 20$ per year, with dedicated ip, WHMCS and CPanel. Recourses are much more geneorous than Arvixe or any other EIG brand (all of them are suck and are extremely expensive).

Other solution is TurnkeyInternet (search for their shared offers here, they recently posted some).

said: Although arvixe is one of the world best web hosting websites

And because I am curious: Who said you that they are one of the best web hosting websites? Really, they are not! Small prividers (compared to the big ones like EIG, GOdaddy etc.) are way better, they oversell their servers much lower than the big competitors, they are having personal monitoring on each node they use, and they allow to use a fair amount of resources Big companies are caping resources so much, they want to fit dozens of thousant cpanel accounts to a single node.

P.S. If you don't see as solution using a vps, then, why did you joined a specialized to low end vps services just today to ask for help? Again, just curious!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

jvnadr said: As @ATHK said, try BuyVM. Not their vps range, but shared hosting. Ask @Fransisco or visit them for their plan. Reseller plan (should be much more than enough for your needs) costs 2$ per month or 20$ per year, with dedicated ip, WHMCS and CPanel. Recourses are much more geneorous than Arvixe or any other EIG brand (all of them are suck and are extremely expensive).

Thanks!

Both shared & our VPS offerings are very liberal in CPU allocations. It's pretty damn rare that we have to talk to someone about their CPU usage, and more often than not there's something related to it (large L7 flood, someone trying to forkbomb the VPS, etc).

Francisco

• @Francisco I am really curious about the limits big brands as Godaddy and EIG uses to their services. They charge 10-15$ per month advertising "unlimited features" but if you host to them a single Joomla or WP site with 300 - 500 visitors per day, they suspend you and "suggest" to use their premium range of vps / dedi (costs $$$$$$$ every month!)

• @jvnadr said:
    And because I am curious: Who said you that they are one of the best web hosting websites? Really, they are not! Small prividers (compared to the big ones like EIG, GOdaddy etc.) are way better, they oversell their servers much lower than the big competitors, they are having personal monitoring on each node they use, and they allow to use a fair amount of resources Big companies are caping resources so much, they want to fit dozens of thousant cpanel accounts to a single node.

Not to argue about word choice, but just want to make things clear for anyone who's reading this type of discussion for the first time. I wouldn't call most of the shared providers you are talking to as "small". Whether it be turnkeyinternet, BuyVM, stablehost, crocweb, etc. etc., they're all pretty "large" businesses. EIG and GoDaddy are just.. massive. It's kinda like comparing In N Out to McDonalds. Sure, In N Out is a large company, but compared to MickeyD's... it's like a little fish vs a whale.

jvnadr said: @Francisco I am really curious about the limits big brands as Godaddy and EIG uses to their services. They charge 10-15$ per month advertising "unlimited features" but if you host to them a single Joomla or WP site with 300 - 500 visitors per day, they suspend you and "suggest" to use their premium range of vps / dedi (costs $$$$$$$ every month!)

Welcome to upsell?

You have to read the TOS' very carefully. Usually there's a low inode limit, a diskspace limit, an SQL connection limit, etc. I know bluehost used to cap anyone that hit over 35% CPU for XX seconds or something retarded like that.

Francisco

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Jonchun said: Whether it be turnkeyinternet, BuyVM, stablehost, crocweb, etc. etc., they're all pretty "large" businesses

They are small, compared to the big companies with millions of web sites. For example, BuyVM is a small team of very capable IT guys and TurnkeyInternet is rather medium, having one average datacenter. Again, compared to, e.g. Godaddy that has dozens of datacenters in all over the US.

Of course, compared to small summer hosts, they are big enough.

• Jonchun said: In N Out is a large company

And they are who?

• @jvnadr said:
    Of course, compared to small summer hosts, they are big enough.

Like I said. They're plenty large enough to be a dependable and trusted business. I was just pointing out that using the words "small business" isn't exactly accurate, and perhaps even misleading. I just didn't want people getting confused and getting the wrong idea.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

Francisco said: You have to read the TOS' very carefully

In my (early days) personal experience, they do not honor even those limits. And they really do false advertising with their "unlimited" terms, the same moment they will disallow anything more than a personal / very small company website with minimal daily visitors...

They did suspend back in 2006 my new (then) news portal when I started to having over 500 visitors per day! When I learned how to setup my own server and saw what actually the load was, I was cursing mysefl of not to use a vps or dedi before...

Thanked by 1Rapta
  • Jonchun said: They're plenty large enough to be a dependable and trusted business

This is the key phrase. It does not have to be a multi-million dollar job for a company being dependale and trustable. I this prespective, I totally agree with you!

Thanked by 1Jonchun

jvnadr said: In my (early days) personal experience, they do not honor even those limits.

Their key market isn't the tech savvy people that know what an inode is. Their target is the mom/pop shop that they can easily upsell services to.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Sorry sir, but your website is receiving too many visitors and has outgrown our shared hosting plans! You should upgrade to our VPS plans that cost only $50/monthly and come with 72 hour support ticket response times, no management, and oversold OVZ nodes.

Thanked by 1jvnadr

@Jonchun said:
    Sorry sir, but your website is receiving too many visitors and has outgrown our shared hosting plans! You should upgrade to our VPS plans that cost only $50/monthly and come with 72 hour support ticket response times, no management, and oversold OVZ nodes.

The nugget special?

Francisco

• @wych said:

A small chain of burger joints that have the best burgers I've ever tasted in California.

Thanked by 1wych
  • Jonchun said: Sorry sir, but your website is receiving too many visitors and has outgrown our shared hosting plans! You should upgrade to our VPS plans that cost only $50/monthly and come with 72 hour support ticket response times, no management, and oversold OVZ nodes.

128 whole Megabytes just for you, dedicated like your everlasting love! 5 Gigabytes of special arrange of Perfect Raid-Ten (Raid10) arrays of hard discs and a whole virtual cpu (100 rich units of) to use with fair - share with your neigbours. But, don't be late because this offer won't last for ever: This special price of 50$ is limited for the next 1000 days or for the next 10.000 clients will grab this bargain!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Pwner said: A small chain of burger joints that have the best burgers I've ever tasted in California.

Well you're half right :-)

They're not bad but are very overrated in my opinion...however, burger quality is completely a personal opinion.

jvnadr said: e.g. Godaddy that has dozens of datacenters in all over the US.

GD doesn't have "dozens" of datacenters. I believe they have...two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Daddy#Infrastructure

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • raindog308 said: GD doesn't have "dozens" of datacenters. I believe they have...two:

They make it seem that way with their advertising, and thats why they get business everyday... Quite a good trick actually.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

raindog308 said: GD doesn't have "dozens" of datacenters. I believe they have...two:

You are right, they do not have dozens. I searched it and they own one and lease other nine around the globe:

"GoDaddy’s 37,000 servers live in a total of nine facilities around the world. 
    The company owns one of its data centers 
    and leases the rest from wholesale providers."

http://www.greendatacenternews.org/articles/share/728865/

Having 8.5 million of websites and handling hundereds of millions of domains you can see the overselling to their servers!

• @raindog308 said:

Wouldn't say quality is much of a personal opinion. There's no doubt that for the price, in n out has some of the best quality you can get. Fresh veggies, fries, beef etc.

Taste however, is obviously entirely subjective. Personally, I don't like the in n out burger that much. I'd rather have a big mac combo (idk why I find that junk so delicious)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jonchun said: Wouldn't say quality is much of a personal opinion. There's no doubt that for the price, in n out has some of the best quality you can get. Fresh veggies, fries, beef etc.

Yes, it's a quality burger, though it's a style I don't like (thin, toasted bun). I'd rather have something like Fuddrucker's or Red Robin. But to each his own. I do give them points for their unique culture - secret menu items, 50s style, etc.

Taste however, is obviously entirely subjective. Personally, I don't like the in n out burger that much. I'd rather have a big mac combo (idk why I find that junk so delicious)

Now that I think about it, In N Out should really be at a McDonald's price because they're not really doing anything fancy...oh well...I think I've commented more in this point about hamburgers than I've actually thought about them in the last 20 years...;-)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • I really appreciate your suggestions and discussions and sorry for that jokes about arvixe :D.
    So can you give an example of those websites that offers fair resources with reasonable cost like buyvm that already had mentioned ?

• @raindog308 said:
    Now that I think about it, In N Out should really be at a McDonald's price because they're not really doing anything fancy...oh well...I think I've commented more in this point about hamburgers than I've actually thought about them in the last 20 years...;-)

Hah good point. I just choose not to go to in n out, and rarely think about it.

Not sure where you live, but a cheeseburger combo at in n out is $5.65 ish, whereas a big mac combo is $5.69ish. (obviously differ depending on location). I'd say their pricing is pretty similar if you're comparing signature menu items. (not value items) I've never thought of in n out having "premium" prices or anything.

I do agree with you that thin toasted buns aren't exactly the best :P I've never had fuddruckers, but red robin is great. I'll have to go check fuddruckers out sometime.

(keep in mind i rarely eat fast food that's not SUPER popular. I didn't even know A&W was a restaurant until I was like.. 18.. I thought it was just the root beer brand..)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

ir_darkghost said: So can you give an example of those websites that offers fair resources with reasonable cost like buyvm that already had mentioned ?

buyshared
    https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1344

www.turnkeyinternet.net

https://turnkeyinternet.net/special-offers/ultimate-turbo-linux-cpanel-web-hosting/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

cough small providers just take much longer to oversell their servers and people mistake it for caring. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Then the small host gets big and the outspoken crowd moves to the next small host that hasn't oversold it's servers or automated their anti abuse systems yet. Because it's never the customer's fault. Rinse and repeat every 5-10 years. It's pretty funny to watch. Quite possibly worthy of betting pools.

But seriously go with buyvm because they're awesome and always will be, that I guarantee. But when you outgrow shared hosting, move on to VPS/dedicated or optimize your website. Don't cling to something that doesn't work for you. Find out why you're using too much CPU and quit it, or go dedicated :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @raindog308 said:

Sorry to go off-topic (again), but Red Robin's Bottomless Steak Fries were my childhood.

• Francisco said: BuyShared

Your link is giving me 403 - Forbidden.