Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's wrong with goodhosting.co? Ticket is no reply!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's wrong with goodhosting.co? Ticket is no reply!

wumingshiwumingshi Member
edited February 2015 in Help

I give a ticket to goodhosting.co to ask for refund .

at the same time,give a message to @GoodHosting.

Wait for more than 5 days.No one give me a respond.

What's wrong with goodhosting.co?

What shoud I do?

Comments

• Have you tried opening another ticket? First one may have gotten lost.

Thanked by 1wumingshi
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Wait.

• Thanks,I will try it.

• wumingshiwumingshi Member
    edited February 2015

Thanks

• or Maybe @GoodHosting is on usual vacations. :P

• Yes,It's possible.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Seems that many of these threads are popping up lately. Ive always heard good things about GoodHosting, wonder what has changed. Hopefully @Goodhosting can get things back in order like they used to. Hes a good guy.

Thanked by 1wumingshi
  • @CVPS_Chris said:
    Seems that many of these threads are popping up lately. Ive always heard good things about GoodHosting, wonder what has changed. Hopefully Goodhosting can get things back in order like they used to. Hes a good guy.

Nothing has changed, this is the usual.. If you want a quick response, you're best to ring them.

Thanked by 1wumingshi
  • CVPS_Chris said: Seems that many of these threads are popping up lately. Ive always heard good things about GoodHosting, wonder what has changed. Hopefully @Goodhosting can get things back in order like they used to. Hes a good guy.

• It took him a while to reply to my ticket as well, about three days.

I haven't even set it up yet, to be honest. I did figure out how to load my own ISO, had to change the view to "user" instead of "cloud" IIRC, but that panel is the most confusing panel I've ever used. So far I've used SolusVM, RamNode, Linode, Vultr, DigitalOcean, KiwiVM, probably another one I'm forgetting and they've all been pretty straightforward. This panel had me stumped until I figured out how to change the views and when I finally tried to upload an ISO it bitched about the datastore and yada yada... I'll figure it out, I just haven't had the patience yet.

I can't speak to the quality of the VPS, but I've seem him around the boards, he is knowledgeable and polite. He's probably just busy answering all the emails/tickets from people asking "how the f*** do I use this panel?!?" :P

Thanked by 1wumingshi
  • wumingshiwumingshi Member
    edited February 2015

hope everything goes well.

• Nothing new. Communication is clearly not the forté of this company.

• @wumingshi said:
    What's wrong with goodhosting.co?

It looks like a one man operation. That is pretty evident from all these threads.

What shoud I do?

Move somewhere else with decent support at least.

Thanked by 1Upstage
  • LeeLee Veteran

The threads need to stop to be honest, every time someone has a ticket that is not answered it develops into a thread here. Search first!

Thanked by 3wych ATHK TheKiller
  • @CVPS_Chris said:
    Seems that many of these threads are popping up lately. Ive always heard good things about GoodHosting, wonder what has changed. Hopefully Goodhosting can get things back in order like they used to. Hes a good guy.

with good and polite guys you can to the church on sunday morning, for host your sites you need something more, professionality.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • I find it a little sad that all those threads pop up lately. And no, @W1V_Lee I'm afraid it's not as simple as you put it. Yes, sure there are doubtlessly many clients lacking even basic knowledge, but hey, that's just part of the business.

From what I see (I'm not a GoodGosting client) @GoodHosting is a decent, polite man and I would assume that his VPSs are (normally) good stuff and well taken care of.

But frankly, That man, to put it diplomatically, makes it quite easy to criticize him for his communications or the lack thereof.

Thanked by 1Upstage
  • LeeLee Veteran

bsdguy said: I find it a little sad that all those threads pop up lately. And no, @W1V_Lee I'm afraid it's not as simple as you put it. Yes, sure there are doubtlessly many clients lacking even basic knowledge, but hey, that's just part of the business.

What are you on about? What has basic knowledge got to do with opening a thread for a known provider who takes days to Respond to tickets when you could search to see it's a common issue.

There are too many instances of Goodhosting threads being started just because he does not respond to tickets.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    There are too many instances of Goodhosting threads being started just because he does not respond to tickets.

That is what I'm about.

It seems that @GoodHosting will learn the communication lesson only the hard way.

And: Of course, clients should look for solution first with simple questions. But, oh well, they don't. They rather open threads.

To change that either @GoodHosting will have to learn about communications and better presence - or the clients will have to change which almost certainly won't happen.

Well noted, that's by no means a hit on @GoodHosting! It's more "Sigh, when will he finally get it? How sad that an otherwise fine provider and man (I still assume; that's my impression of him) again and again is found with smelly goo on his feet just because I he seems to have a serious problem understanding communications (incl. how lazy idi-ts tick)"

• I just wanted to say that, in my experience, the guy in charge at GoodHosting (his name is Damon) is hard-working and honest, but I would agree that the response time to tickets can be a bit long. I have the sense that he's somewhat overburdened at this time, in particular with trying to iron out the recent issues at their two Chicago locations. So, in sum, not an easy situation either for him or for the customers expecting quick replies to their tickets.

Their choice of panel, OpenNebula, probably also invites a lot of tickets. It seems very different from (say) SolusVM and is therefore disorienting at first, so one should be aware of this potential obstacle before signing up. As always in this kind of situation, reading the documentation in advance (available at the OpenNebula site) is warmly recommended.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • @bsdguy

And: Of course, clients should look for solution first with simple questions. But, oh well, they don't. They rather open threads

Not hard find, they even gave me these links in a ticket when I asked about pre made templates..

You can find our OpenNebula 101 Primer Documentation here:
    https://freevps.us/thread-13566.html

If there is something our documentation did not answer, OpenNebula's own is also located here:
    http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/

• @ATHK

No need to convince me. I know.

Unfortunately, we also know that many clients can't be burdened with activating and using their brains and, gosh, even click on some Google (or GoodHosting) links. We may condemn that all day long - and well justified - and change nothing. It's just the way many peope are.

• @bsdguy said:
    ATHK

No need to convince me. I know.

Unfortunately, we also know that many clients can't be burdened with activating and using their brains and, gosh, even click on some Google (or GoodHosting) links. We may condemn that all day long - and well justified - and change nothing. It's just the way many peope are.

Why the hell are they buying an unmanaged server then?? Golly.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Did Damon ever get round to sharing that iCal with anyone? I think it's Moose season or something.

Thanked by 2StevenN mpkossen
  • @ATHK said:
    Why the hell are they buying an unmanaged server then?? Golly.

Good question.

And why the hell are providers trying hard to make everything look super-easy to attract and accept these clients?

I think, we shouldn't get distracted. Again, @GoodHosting seems to be fine gent and probably a good hoster, but there's reason for his name coming up here again and again (and others have those same clients).

My take is that weak communications make him look worse than he is.

• Have you tried calling @goodhosting? He has stated here more than once that phone support was the best way to contact him. The number is in the site footer.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    The threads need to stop to be honest, every time someone has a ticket that is not answered it develops into a thread here. Search first!

they really don't. this is one of those datapoints that goes into the mix when you're looking for who to purchase service from.

i mean, i don't know why you'd advocate making LET less useful, but i'm not a mod.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:
    Did Damon ever get round to sharing that iCal with anyone? I think it's Moose season or something.

We just go out of a big three day snowstorm here... :P

However, I'm tired to see a thread like this every week. People know he offer slow ticket answer time, but good product. In case of issue, call him and stop openning thread on LET. It's not the provider helpdesk here...

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

better yet, as soon as threads like these are opened. immediately reply with "search" then close thread.

• Currently I have a small VM with them, 4 months so far. Support and documentation could use some improvement. I had a small issue setting up networking for a CentOS 7 image on their BHS location (there are working templates for other versions, but this info really should have been included with the welcome email). Ticket got a L1 response within 2-3 hours, but waiting for management to respond it seemed to have dropped off the radar. After more than a week I asked again and finally got a polite reply from the Director within hours.

They said they have been focusing their efforts on the CHI location, so people on other locations might have a different experience. Once set up it works all right. For the price though, as long as they keep service running in reasonable condition I don't mind it ... much.

To @OP, maybe request update in the same ticket every 48-72 h, which should be an acceptable turnaround time without getting flagged for spam. There is someone home over there, just need to wait.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

W1V_Lee said: Search first!

Is search working now?

When I've used it (admittedly not in recent months) it has not found things I know exist.