Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best VPN providers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

best VPN providers?

Comments

• @obh_ridwan said:
    do you have any references hma is send a user's traffic into NSA ?. because i don't know.

Oh, Pardon me, you are right. They don't mention that on their home page so it seems you can blindly trust them ...

But maybe it'd be helpful for you to look up "Lavamail".

Thanked by 1obh_ridwan
  • obh_ridwanobh_ridwan Member
    edited February 2015

@bsdguy said: Oh, Pardon me, you are right. They don't mention that on their home page so it seems you can blindly trust them ...But maybe it'd be helpful for you to look up "Lavamail".

Thank you for your information.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited February 2015

EVERY usa company is bound by usa "law" which basically comes down to some gentlemen knocking and demanding something and prohibiting that you ever even talk about it.

So, using a usa based (company or server, no matter) VPN for, say, watching youtube is OK, but if you have ANY concern whatsoever for privacy, any usa based VPN is nonsensical and you might as well send your data directly to nsa, fbi, etc.

Same story in all 5eyes countries and in their colonies and vassal states (e.g. Germany, Sweden, etc.)

Thanked by 2obh_ridwan Ole_Juul
  • joodle said: Vpn.sh :)

I got their recent minimal cheap annual price plan and it suddenly stopped working. I had configure it again in tunnelblick but this is not what you expect from a VPN providers. I've PIA and other self hosted VPN instance and they have been working flawlessly since 1.5+ years.

TinyTunnel_Tom said: €3/year for 500GB a month beats any company I have found and this does not include non privacy ones.

This! I've 3 self-hosted OpenVPN instances and 1 from PIA and one from vpn.sh. My self-hosted almost always beats the others in speed and are almost free in comparison.

• @mikeyur said:
    I've been happy with IronSocket - been with them for 2 years now, on a legacy $24/yr plan. 3 slots for DNS proxy + 3 VPN connections - unmetered bandwidth and tons of servers to pick from.

VyprVPN is also really good, but pricey (but worth it). Just download app and sign-in, good to go. Lots of features and great apps.

My current go-to is a Ramnode or NanoVZ/BudgetVZ box with Nyr's OpenVPN automated installer script - it's about 2 mins from start to finish and just spits out a profile for you to import. Works amazingly well.

That is weird. @Nyr 's OpenVPN script does not work. Whenever I connect to my VPS via VPN I can't access any websites. I tried using KVM-based VPS and even OpenVZ regardless of what operating system that I use. I even used the other DNS providers suggested by that script.

• @micjustin33 said:
    Cheap and affordable then I'd recommend IPVanish buy their annual plan to get maximum discount and its really great provider I have personally used it. You can read IPVanish review at bestvpnservice.com

I was about to purchase an account through them, plus I am interested with their streaming VPN and dedicated IP. It is $4.99 per add-on. Expensive and over-pricing.

• AdventureTime said: That is weird. @Nyr 's OpenVPN script does not work. Whenever I connect to my VPS via VPN I can't access any websites. I tried using KVM-based VPS and even OpenVZ regardless of what operating system that I use. I even used the other DNS providers suggested by that script.

I've used that script with at least 7 different providers and never had an issue with Debian as the OS.

• @AdventureTime it does work.

• @AdventureTime Check Nyr's original thread. There were some people who had problems with specific OpenVPN clients, when they weren't running as administrator.

Try a different OpenVPN client or re-read that thread, there are some suggestions there. I've never had the problem you're talking about with Viscosity (VPN client) on my Mac.

• @mikeyur said:
    AdventureTime Check Nyr's original thread. There were some people who had problems with specific OpenVPN clients, when they weren't running as administrator.

Try a different OpenVPN client or re-read that thread, there are some suggestions there. I've never had the problem you're talking about with Viscosity (VPN client) on my Mac.

The problem that I am talking about is regarding Nyr's script. I use tunnelblick as the VPN client. I have checked the settings of the server. The IPv4 forward is turned on as well as the MASQUERADE thing.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Devil, please drop me a PM and I'll look into the issue you've had. Could quite likely be when we updated our OpenVPN files (an email was sent regarding this) which has resulted in the issues you've seen.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@AdventureTime each commit to the script is roughly tested on many different setups and distros. It does work and there isn't any known bug at the moment.

Most support requests always come from users setting up a firewall and blocking themselves, I spent countless hours debugging "not connectable" tickets and they were nearly always the same problems where the script hasn't anything to do.

If you still think the script is at fail, PLEASE send me root details of a CLEAN Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS setup at your preferred provider. I will make sure to test the script there, report back to you and fix any bug if the script is the problem, I am very interested in making it accessible and bulletproof for everyone.

• @obh_ridwan said:

do you have any references hma is send a user's traffic into NSA ?. because i don't know.

Some reference for you:

HMA VPN user arrested after IP handed over to the FBI

• @Nyr said:
    AdventureTime each commit to the script is roughly tested on many different setups and distros. It does work and there isn't any known bug at the moment.

Most support requests always come from users setting up a firewall and blocking themselves, I spent countless hours debugging "not connectable" tickets and they were nearly always the same problems where the script hasn't anything to do.

If you still think the script is at fail, PLEASE send me root details of a CLEAN Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS setup at your preferred provider. I will make sure to test the script there, report back to you and fix any bug if the script is the problem, I am very interested in making it accessible and bulletproof for everyone.

Thanks for offering help. I actually asked you at GitHub but you said you don't offer support or something. I was about to give you an access to my server too.

Just a quick question. Why are you guys concerned with FBI or NSA stuff?

AdventureTime said: Thanks for offering help. I actually asked you at GitHub but you said you don't offer support or something. I was about to give you an access to my server too.

No, I did say something sightly different:

support for custom setups will never be provided and you will need to work your way around issues.

I can't make this work with your custom firewall, and honestly you weren't very helpful either: https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install/issues/33

• Just mentioned them in the other VPN thread : CactusVPN are decent and worth a shot.

• AdventureTimeAdventureTime Member
    edited February 2015

@Nyr said:

I can't make this work with your custom firewall, and honestly you weren't very helpful either: https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install/issues/33

Yeah, how can you be helpful with this kind of message from you?

>

And yeah, normally I don't have any custom firewalls installed. After the OS installation, I install the script. I have accounts with Vultr, Ramnode, DigitalOcean, Crissic and OVH but you said the script worked. I've tried all VPS hosts and your script does not work which is weird because when you used the DigitalOcean droplet it worked. You only used the Debian installation though. I gave you another droplet which is CentOS-based.

• Thank's for your information

• I would recommend http://vpn.ccrypto.org/

I've never used it, but reading FAQ you can understand that guys are surely know what are they doing. It's open-source, too!

• Try Astrill? Many countries...
    Everytime China "ban" it, it will revive shortly. We Chinese have good review of them.``

• Honestly I am using a reliable VPN service provider http://www.vpnfaqs.com/2015/04/choose-right-vpn-provider/. It is perfect service with extreme speed, no ads, high anonymity and complete privacy for all online movements. I highly recommend it for everyone interested in VPNs.

• Try Astrill, their service is good.

Thanked by 1MSPNick
    edited April 2015

AdventureTime said: Yeah, how can you be helpful with this kind of message from you?

I didn't see this message at the time.

Full PM conversation: https://i.nyr.es/Captura-de-pantalla-2015-04-16-a-las-3.12.26-9S5d0Gpx6q.png

I left the certificate on /root so you could check for yourself.

I asked you to stop making me lose time because that's just what you were doing: insistently assuring me the script wasn't working and opening issues on GitHub when the problem was just that you don't understand how to use a firewall.

Aditionally, some of the thousands of users of the script could assure you that it does in fact work on RamNode too, if you don't trust my word.

Regards

• NomadNomad Member

@micjustin33 said:
    Cheap and affordable then I'd recommend IPVanish buy their annual plan to get maximum discount and its really great provider I have personally used it. You can read IPVanish review at bestvpnservice.com

Seeing this, I have to mention that I'm getting comment spam from Pakistan and VPN IP's to my blog for that site and that makes it a no-no in my eyes.

• vpnareavpnarea Member

@MSPNick define cheap? VPNArea's yearly package comes down to 4.92$ a month, with a coupon even less. There are servers in 51 countries to choose from and plenty of users from the above mentioned providers have left them for us. PM me for a coupon in case you need one

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Zenmate.com

• Are you looking for Personal use or business purpose ?

• laurenlauren Member

Actually I am totally satisfied with WaselPro VPN service provider. I have been using it for 2 years without any problems. High anonymity, stable connection, high speed and total security. Here you can find how to select the best VPN service for you http://www.vpnanswers.com/choose-best-vpn-service-2015/

• WilliamWilliam Member

Again, all of this VPN provider comparsion sites are BIASED and should never be trusted.

Case in point - Link goes to 'bestvpnfor.net' which lists top providers only becasue they pay affiliate (and they are funny enough sorted by their payout amount, making it even more clear).

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

William said: Case in point - Link goes to 'bestvpnfor.net' which lists top providers only becasue they pay affiliate (and they are funny enough sorted by their payout amount, making it even more clear).

any top 10 site cannot be trusted imo.