Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS Review

2»

Comments

• Yeah I hate that crap. good way to run up your phone bill and not pay it.

• I will admit, it's a decent response from the owner, instead of just shutting down, because let's be honest, he's probably going to lose almost all his customers without having Paypal.

• @danielfeng,

There is no PayPal protection for this type of purchase. PayPal treats them as Virtual/Intangible goods and therefore no Buyer's protection is applicable.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited October 2011

biplab said: @danielfeng,

There is no PayPal protection for this type of purchase. PayPal treats them as Virtual/Intangible goods and therefore no Buyer's protection is applicable.

So, then how the disputes work? Because some people have submitted some of them and it worked. I am about to fill one about other known problem here...

• yomero said: So, then how the disputes work? Because some people have submitted some of them and it worked. I am about to fill one about other known problem here...

It really depends on the person you get on your case.

• yomero said: So, then how the disputes work?

When you get a small number of disputes, respond to them, and show general good practices, as a merchant, you win, when you have 3k disputes come in over 24 hours, red flags start going off and PayPal might be dumb, but they're not stupid.

• @yomero

It depends on the seller. If seller doesn't want to refund you he may inform PayPal that this is a Virtual Goods. PayPal will then inform buyer that we have no protection for Virtual Goods. Case closed - Seller wins.

In my case, I called PayPal, informed them what happened. I even sent PayPal a copy of all emails I received from Seller. But nothing helped. In the end I was informed that it is a Virtual Goods and I lost that dispute.

However I'm not sure what will happen if hundreds of users file PayPal dispute at same time.

• biplab said: However I'm not sure what will happen if hundreds of users file PayPal dispute at same time.

Typically the same. Happened with ClubUptime. Only exception is if you get lucky and the person who handles your case ignores the virtual good fact, it does happen.