Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS Review

xprotoceptxprotocept Member
edited October 2011 in General

Ey

I've been almost a month with UptimeVPS now and i had no downtime at my linux server (only one time they had a windows licence issue but that was fixed really fast)
They got good and fast servers, my servers were never slow, Always good pings.

I'm hosting a Gameserver at one of the VPS server i got there and it's running really stable
Support is good but it can be a bit faster since you sometimes need to wait a day to get a reply for the rest it's a good host and i would recommend them to you
i know it's a new company and i hope they will stay for years on the internet providing good services

That was my review about UptimeVPS!

My english is not that great so you might see some grammar faults

Comments

• Just got:

Due to various business reasons we have now retracted Paypal and PayGol as vaild payment forms.
    We ask customers to use alternative methods which are. Google Checkout, Moneybookers, and AlertPay.
    Should you be unable to pay via these alternative methods, we ask to back up your data and to submit a cancellation which with terminate on your next billing anniversary.
    We apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    Regards,
    UptimeVPS

What could be those "various reasons"?

• yeah, they didnt extend domain uptimevps.com and now retracted paypal and paygol, as great as uptimevps is, its time to let it go

• Retracting paygol makes sense, since paygol's taxes don't make much busyness sense :)

I suspect that retracting paypal was not their decision though, more likely paypal closed their account.

• Hmmm... does cancelling paypal account means also removed option for potential disputes for yearly payments in case that they run away?

• Spirit said: Hmmm... does cancelling paypal account means also removed option for potential disputes for yearly payments in case that they run away?

Probably :S

• LivingSouLLivingSouL Member
    edited October 2011

Yeah, that was I am afraid of, retracting paypal... tsk.

well at least they still have Google Checkout

• Don't be so negative people, it costs less than a shared hosting.
    I've payed $5 a year for a 128mb vps, and find it working flawlessly for a month and a half.

• Also retracted Paypal may be a reason of clowns cancelling their account, which were previously created with no willing to be continued.
    I my self was a Rackvm victim. So I've learned to use Linode e.t.c. for production.
    I use Uptimevps only as sandbox and VPN.
    Be serious people, stop crying!

• Simplyfast said: I've payed $5 a year for a 128mb vps

You meant €5? I thought €10 for 384MB/768MB is a better deal so I went for that one. Good deal I have to say.

• Spirit said: Hmmm... does cancelling paypal account means also removed option for potential disputes for yearly payments in case that they run away?

I was wondering the same...

• SimplyfastSimplyfast Member
    edited October 2011

danielfeng said: You meant €5? I thought €10 for 384MB/768MB is a better deal so I went for that one. Good deal I have to say.

I used a coupon code -25%, so it's $5 instead €5.
    I have 384mb one also :), but it's €3 for quarter.
    Great for OpenVPN!

I think if PayPal account is suspended, it will be held for 6 months.

• Simplyfast said: Have this one also :), but it's €3 for quarter. Great for OpenVPN!

The original price of 384MB/768MB OVZ plan was €20/yr. I bought it with a 50% discount coupon. I thought it will be put on their new US servers, but seems they haven't had new toys yet.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

Simplyfast said: Be serious people, stop crying!

Huh?! It's just discussion. You know that's why discussion boards exist. Who's crying? You see anyone? Such immature offtopic spam comments are really unnecessary. It's not like you would say anything more constructive or from other side wouldn't participate in same topic...

• Spirit said: Huh?! It's just discussion. Who's crying? You see anyone? Such childish offtopic comments are really unnecessary. It's not like you would say anything more constructive or from other side wouldn't participate in same topic...

Well you've said it's just a discussion, so I discuss things :). And by the I way find your comment more offtopic.

• danielfeng said: I think if PayPal account is suspended, it will be held for 6 months.

This might be good news for some however any idea what happen in case of sellers own account deletion? Most likely as yomero said there can't be done much in this case?

• Spirit said: This might be good news for some however any idea what happen in case of sellers own account deletion? Most likely as yomero said there can't be done much in this case?

For real stuff you have buyer protection, but for services... I don't know.

• Hmm, I have to renew my windows vps this week. All these news about the website/payment method change isn't very reassuring :|

• tortau said: Hmm, I have to renew my windows vps this week. All these news about the website/payment method change isn't very reassuring :|

Do you know if there is a minimum date to cancel before the due date? Or I can cancel at anytime? :P

• Ouch, removing PayPal? I imagine they're going to lose every single customer.

• If they are still alive in 10 months I'll pay them another €5, with or without paypal.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

They aren't going to last, PayPal removed = 99% of customers gone as others have already said. PayGol was acceptable to remove because it isn't really practical.

• Infinity said: PayPal removed = 99% of customers gone as others have already said.

They can just add 2checkout to get access to PayPal again, the sky really isn't falling.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I completely forgot, I'm a krazy Russian.

• @yomero: I think based on other threads, it's probably safer to wait until the last day before cancelling the server. Otherwise, it might be "accidentally" disabled the moment you click the "Cancel" button :\

I think I'll stick for another month to see how things go. Hard to find a $4/month Win 2008 box with 1GB of ram that actually works. If something happens, the worse case scenario is experiencing the same disappointment as if I dropped a Starbucks Frappucino after leaving the store.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Never even heard of PayGol until this...

• Ty @tortau

drmike said: Never even heard of PayGol until this...

+1 o_O

• PayGol sounds like you pay with your cell phone or some crap to me.

• AuroraZ said: PayGol sounds like you pay with your cell phone or some crap to me.

Yes, is that

• I have cancelled one server opting to cancel it at the end of billing period. Unlike what others have faced, my server wasn't disconnected immediately. It is currently active.