Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost GVH Dedicated Servers 48 hour review.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost GVH Dedicated Servers 48 hour review.

DorkfilesDorkfiles Member
edited February 2015 in Reviews

A man called Jonathan Nguyen from the Company Green Value Host sold me a dedicated server that was never delivered, after about 42 hours I was given an ip range for Shenzen china with no ssh running on it, swore at, mocked and told its my fault all in 48 hours before I decided its just not worth dealing with this.

Server was never delivered, I paid by Paypal my mistake.

Avoid at all costs the prices may look good but there are alternatives with similar pricing that will not treat you like this or scam you, delimiter, volumedrive, datashack many more.

One sad panda, all we wanted was a NY location not to have the single worst experience to date.

Thanked by 1Rapta

Comments

• I think I can believe you but your story does seem a bit out of wack. Do you have any screenshots?

• Sure why the hell not, if they have not blocked my whmcs account this should be good.

• Ticket screenshots of this mockery and swearing please.

I want to see how low this kid Jon can be!

• @Dorkfiles said:
    Sure why the hell not, if they have not blocked my whmcs account this should be good.

Should be receiving ticket replies by email too.

• Seems my whmcs is indeed no longer valid, however I do have a few screenshots from the paypal dispute that I sent in let me see if I can find them.

• @Gunter said:
    Should be receiving ticket replies by email too.

Nope, quote on quote " We don't pipe mail for spam reasons on our whmcs "

• @Dorkfiles said:

That just means you can't email in, you would still be notified of updates to your tickets.

• Popcorn every week.

• DorkfilesDorkfiles Member
    edited February 2015

Heres the shaky start where the b@st@rds wronged me, complete high res screen shot, and the best quote here is this...

Hello,

OK, so here's what happened: The technician at the datacenter somehow managed to write down a randomized password, all the while never actually changing it from the one used in the image. I've honestly never heard of this happening before. Company policy says I can't grant full refunds on dedis/managed services, so the best I would be able to do is a partial. Either that or continue with the service, which now should actually use the password that was originally provided. I've credited your account either way.

Regards,

Eric Walstrom - Lead Systems Administrator
    GreenValueHost Management

Full Hi Res Shot
    https://www.uploady.com/#!/download/7JrhhR3/8hf3Pg_H464dT

To also be noted they credited nothing, I will see if I can find rest.

• @wych said:
    That just means you can't email in, you would still be notified of updates to your tickets.

No bro replies from them were not piped im telling you.

• That's all I can find sorry the paypal case files on paypal dot com are not accessible anymore, oh well its still my 10cents there were lots of fun pics but quite honestly idc thats my review enjoy and avoid at all costs he must be no older then 14

• why do people still sign up with these clowns?.. maybe more research next time. the owner is a scammer

Thanked by 2ATHK Licensecart
  • Dorkfiles said:

Full Hi Res Shot
    https://www.uploady.com/#!/download/5JrXQfi_l5c/8S3Pg_tYCfGUNcz5

To also be noted they credited nothing, I will see if I can find rest.

I wonder who made the story up.

If the DC did screw up I can't see why it wouldn't be quickly resolved.

Yeah Jon never seems to credit out...

• It's all good guys it was only $50 but its the fact we never even got the server that was the worse part, we read the reviews it was going to be used for a dedicated Mumble NY server cluster, sadly we now have lost that investment but hey at least the world knows about this crappy place already apparently.

We had read they had bad support, but we needed no support so it was pretty easy cheap choice for a beast server in NY to help offload our interserver ventrilo and mumble cluster.

Cheers mates im done talking about this clown now, I hope he cant sleep... ever...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Dorkfiles said:

Replying isn't piping it's using working SMTP settings. Are they saying they don't use email at all for their ticket system? That seems odd even for them.

• @Dorkfiles said:
    That's all I can find sorry the paypal case files on paypal dot com are not accessible anymore, oh well its still my 10cents there were lots of fun pics but quite honestly idc thats my review enjoy and avoid at all costs he must be no older then 14

Just so you know, you can view all disputes in the Resolution Centre on the Paypal website if they had been opened in the past 180 days (regardless of whether they're now closed or still open).

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited February 2015

Signs up with GVH. Is shocked when service not delivered/doesn't function/insert reason that has been posted 200x over on this forum about how bad their service is. Is shocked.

• I sent you a PM saying that I can help you if you want I really do feel for your loss on these guy's..

I just can't believe people still go to them..

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • @MSPNick said:

I just can't believe people still go to them..

+1.

• @SkylarM said:
    Signs up with GVH. Is shocked when service not delivered/doesn't function/insert reason that has been posted 200x over on this forum about how bad their service is. Is shocked.

Shocked upon the non delivery yeah, the stupidity... almost like openvz containers io locking from being over sold, or company's deadpooling... its sad but some of us believe that alot of reviews are bull and would like to give a company another chance like I had gave yours even after the dead pool...

indeed

• @Dorkfiles said:
    Shocked upon the non delivery yeah, the stupidity... almost like openvz containers io locking from being over sold, or company's deadpooling... its sad but some of us believe that alot of reviews are bull and would like to give a company another chance like I had gave yours even after the dead pool...

indeed

When nearly every single review is negative, why would you still choose them? GVH is trashy. There are plenty of other hosts that offer the same deals but better quality.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Welcome to world of GVH!

• @Dorkfiles said:
    was given an ip for Shenzen china with no ssh running on it, swore at, mocked and told its my fault all in 48 hours.

I couldn't see any of that in the screenshot that you posted.

• ivanhivanh Member
    edited February 2015

I really hate these types of 'reviews'.

TBH, I'm more irritated by thread creators who start threads like these than GVH.

• Dorkfiles said: but some of us believe that alot of reviews are bull

If you believe that - why post a review yourself? :P

Thanked by 2NeoGen Licensecart
  • @ivanh said:
    TBH, I'm more irritated by thread creators who start threads like these than GVH.

At this point, anyone who buys from GVH and then posts a review and/or is disappointed by quality of support/service are either aiming for attention and drama, or are mentally ill.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Dorkfiles said:
    It's all good guys it was only $50 but its the fact we never even got the server that was the worse part, we read the reviews it was going to be used for a dedicated Mumble NY server cluster, sadly we now have lost that investment but hey at least the world knows about this crappy place already apparently.

We had read they had bad support, but we needed no support so it was pretty easy cheap choice for a beast server in NY to help offload our interserver ventrilo and mumble cluster.

Cheers mates im done talking about this clown now, I hope he cant sleep... ever...

Could you contact me on skype phoenix.talisman

• @BharatB said:
    Could you contact me on skype phoenix.talisman

I'm not looking for a server mate, sorry.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Dorkfiles said:

I ain't selling any VPS , wanted to know what he offered you and at what price to see if I can offer the same....

• Dorkfiles said: I'm not looking for a server mate, sorry.

BharatB said: I ain't selling any VPS , wanted to know what he offered you and at what price to see if I can offer the same....

Thanked by 3xaitmi Dorkfiles netomx