Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What type of deals would you like to see? Come in and respond! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What type of deals would you like to see? Come in and respond!

2»

Comments

• Reliable RAID10 SSD KVM or Xen VPS in Germany upto 10$/Month with monthly billing, at least 512MB RAM.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@Jonchun said:
    It was a joke haha. I meant no guarantee it'll ever be online

You caught me :).

• Free Webuzo premium, how cool would that be?

• Haven't read the thread but in response to the OP, I see nothing unique with your offering.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2015

In his defense, 1 GB RAM with Xen virtualization for $4 is actually unique. I have seen it offered as KVM for same price, with less disk by another LEB provider, but Xen is new(at least for me, I may be missing an offer or two).

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    To be honest what we need is a XVMLabs/BudegtVZ/Dollarvz in Europe that's not hosted on OVH a dedicated IP at a yearly cost of under $5.

Also, leprachauns. Those are about as easy to find as cheap IP space in Europe.

• edited February 2015

I'd like to see CPU limited, 512MB RAM, high disk space (RAID6), bandwidth limited (2-5Mbps, to be lifted per VM when major restores are required by ticket), storage type VMs. IPV6 only.

• @Jonchun said:
    I can't think of any realistic scenarios where a LEB needs more than 100Mbps. If you're using that much, you're just hogging b/w from your neighbors anyways.

How about migrating existing website data into the box? When I was using Kimsufi it was quite a pain to move hundred gigabytes of data into the box under the 100mbps port.

Of course with a small box like this, I'd accept that port speed.

• @Microlinux said:
    Also, leprachauns. Those are about as easy to find as cheap IP space in Europe.

Not really. Depends where you look in EU

• Really the cost of IPs is not THAT high, even in EU. However the price usually is not directly tied to the cost only, but also to the perceived value. And since the IPs are a limited resource, and also a seemingly scarce one, their value is higher, which drive the price up.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited February 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Not really. Depends where you look in EU

For example, which data center would provide large amounts of IPs at a monthly cost that would allow a host selling VMs for 50 cents a month to make a worthwhile profit?

• @Microlinux said:
    For example, which data center would provide large amounts of IPs at a monthly cost that would allow a host selling VMs for 50 cents a month to make a worthwhile profit?

Many hosts have a setup fee which works out to be cheaper than renting. Then they can offer VPS at 0.5$/month

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Many hosts have a setup fee which works out to be cheaper than renting.

Such as?

That doesn't really make any sense, or I'm not understanding what you are trying to say?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Many hosts have a setup fee which works out to be cheaper than renting. Then they can offer VPS at 0.5$/month

OVH is the only company which comes to mind who charges one time setup fee for IP addresses with no monthly fee.

• @fametel said:
    OVH is the only company which comes to mind who charges one time setup fee for IP addresses with no monthly fee.

Not just OVH some smaller companies do too.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited February 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:

It would be very helpful if you can name a few as it might enable VPS providers here in the future to offer the type of deals you're looking for

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:

Since there are "many", it should be easy to name several that can consistently supply ultra-cheap IPs?

• @Microlinux said:
    Since there are "many", it should be easy to name several that can consistently supply ultra-cheap IPs?

Check my thread history the one with "EU colo with a 24"

• I'm personally interested in some backup space. So something along the lines of 250GB disk 64mb ram NAT IP, also maybe more space. And like 500GB transfer as it is like cold storage As i'm still working on manually digitalizing my families photo's i'd like 2-3 providers with this kind of yearly offer to secure them. Then again, might have to look into how much space it will require in the end as i still have 3/4 of a moving box to go through :p

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Check my thread history the one with "EU colo with a 24"

Unless I am missing something, there are none in that thread.

• @Microlinux said:

Either in that one or on skype