Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ethernet Servers Good Reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ethernet Servers Good Reviews

Hello

I have used Ethernet Servers for reselling for a few months and this company is simply great and fast.

Servers respond well in Brazil, great up time, and the main thing is that the response time of this company is very very fast, usually I see the answer to my questions or tickets in about 3 to 10 minutes (INCLUDING day Sunday)

Congratulations to all Ethernet Servers team, congratulations for services, servers and support.

Thanks

Comments

• I've been using them for a while now and they have been outstanding. Very friendly support too.

• @PremiumN said:
    I've been using them for a while now and they have been outstanding. Very friendly support too.

Thanks for the comment. :)

• HWAYSHWAYS Member
    edited January 2016

I am sure of this. I ordered a vps with them and it is still pending for 10 hrs ..

But to be honest George answered my ticket in 2 minutes telling me that it is queue.

So, chapeau!!

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • bersybersy Member
    edited January 2016

Wagner said: this company is simply great and fast.

How fast, when can I see them in a deadpool list?

• @HWAYS said:
    I am sure of this. I ordered a vps with them and it is still pending for 10 hrs ..

But to be honest George answered my ticket in 2 minutes telling me that it is queue.

So, chapeau!!
    @bersy said:

A few weeks ago they were late on activation VPS, but still uptime and quick service are OK, I am account with them a few years. :)

• @bersy said:

They have been around few years back.

• Yep. Saw an aff link in a sig and did a whois. Ordered me a VPS and so far it's been great. Had to open 2 separate tickets, both of which were answered and handled in a fast, professional manner. Solid company.

• I have ~8GB worth of VPS with them, I get 4-5 minute support sometimes :)

• @FlamesRunner said:
    I have ~8GB worth of VPS with them, I get 4-5 minute support sometimes :)

Is that disk or memory? :p

• CosmicDebriCosmicDebri Member
    edited January 2016

I have bad luck with them, or is it just the node?? I'm on the Buffalo/SKA node, and have had numerous issues. The main one was when I couldn't connect to the vps at all, none of my sites, the control panel, via ssh, and in the vps control panel it couldn't connect or come up with stats. My ticket was answered by George, who told me for some reason the vps wouldn't hold an IP address, he tried resetting, adding, changing and who knows what else. This was all after it had been running for like a couple months already.

Basically he told me he didn't know what it was, and didn't know how to fix it other than reinstalling the vps. I had to backup all my sites through the control panel emergency ssh option, and download them all. George had to help me with that as well, since sftp didn't work either.

I ended up getting another vps with Virmach and reinstalling everything there. I did do a reinstall on the Ethernet vps, and it did respond and started working again, but it is horrendously slow and unresponsive a lot. George told me there was no room on the server when I asked for another vps setup there so I could copy all my backups to and get it going. SO I'm assuming it's oversold.

Right now again, nothing is connecting, even on the ethernetservers.com site I can't get to half the site. Can't get to my vps control panel there, and the status page shows no issues. I know it's a very inexpensive service, I have a $20/year plan with 4 cpu's, 2 gigs ram and 2 gigs swap with 60 GB of slow ram cached hard drive space, but it should at least work. I guess it's an example of 'if it sounds too good to be true'.........

• I really have a bad experience with them. I opened up another thread in LET a month back.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1476665

• EthernetServers has a relatively high paying affiliate program, so be careful when someone 'recommends' this provider because its likely the recommendation is due to the person getting a payout. (see @Traffic)

Most reviews aren't so good and the benchmarks are pretty much always horrendous.

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited January 2016

@CosmicDebri said:
    I have bad luck with them

Don't worry it's not just you.

My experience with Ethernet Servers wasn't so good. Slow provisioning + didn't deliver what they advertised + not very transparent about the status of your request. Then again that's about what I'd expect from a super budget provider.

• My VPS with them in LA

I have their cheapest plan ($12 per year, 1GB RAM). Bench.sh output:

Benchmark started on Thu Jan 14 06:59:10 EST 2016
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU Cores       : 4
    Frequency       : 3499.959 MHz
    Memory          : 1024 MB
    Swap            : 0 MB
    Uptime          : 1 day, 19:01,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 7
    Arch            : i686 (32 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab112.15
    Hostname        : ******

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is ********

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        75.8MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          40.6MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       57.9MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       77.9MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       103MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       35.0MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          7.95MB/s 
    Singapore               Softlayer       11.3MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         5.78MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        12.0MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 119 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 165 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 229 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 171 MB/s

CPU Benchmark

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.91144 s, 562 MB/s
    cd573cfaace07e7949bc0c46028904ff  -

@CosmicDebri said:

Now you have no data to lose in there, have you tried asking them to delete the container and reprovisioning it? Also, I really recommend you to use their LA location instead. Their Buffalo location has a really bad network.

• @Traffic post serverbear bechmark so everyone not doubt it its real bechmark or not, and also for transparency. ;)

• @andiklive said:
    Traffic post serverbear bechmark so everyone not doubt it its real bechmark or not, and also for transparency. ;)

Sure, please wait.

• I've had more than 10 VPS's with Ethernetservers like a year ago and they were one of the most helpful people i've ever seen in the hosting industry. I am no longer with them because of a change in requirements.

I dont know if things changed, but their support in those days were top notch.

• Ok, so they have a fast support response.. but every benchmark ever posted except for Traffic's (keep in mind he is an affiliate/reseller and gets paid for signups) is pretty dismal.

$20/yr for 400GB storage, 1.5GB of 'dedicated' RAM, 1.5GB of vSwap, 6TB BW and 4 3.4Ghz cores.. thats GVH territory right there..

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

@andiklive said:
    Traffic post serverbear bechmark so everyone not doubt it its real bechmark or not, and also for transparency. ;)

As promised, here is the ServerBear benchmark:

View ServerBear Benchmark by Clicking Here

UnixBench score: 2956.2

I/O rate: 142.0 MB/second

Bandwidth rate: 93.8 MB/second

Plan Details:

Datacenter: QuadraNet
    1 GB RAM + 1 GB SWAP (on request)
    30 GB SSD-Cached RAID10
    1 TB Bandwidth
    1 IPv4
    OpenVZ

$12/year
    http://vrtz.net/vps/openvz/US/los-angeles/15.html (aff)
    Thanked by 1andiklive
  • I have been with them for six months and I would recommend them. Fast ticket replies and got good service.

I'm using their 1GB ram plan in LA, got that for just $12/year.

• JoeMerit said: Ok, so they have a fast support response.. but every benchmark ever posted except for Traffic's (keep in mind he is an affiliate/reseller and gets paid for signups) is pretty dismal.

$20/yr for 400GB storage, 1.5GB of 'dedicated' RAM, 1.5GB of vSwap, 6TB BW and 4 3.4Ghz cores.. thats GVH territory right there..

Yeah, you are right Joe. Don't look for it then.

I can confirm the support is very good, the VPS is not the best but usable for the price.

• I have the 400GB plan in their LA location and it seems to be working just fine for me.

• Sooo... Yeah. Got the Buffalo plan and had it up and running within 13 hours. Not great when the website says Instant Activation, but toleratbel. And then I ordered the same plan in LA Saturday night. And now, here it is Tuesday morning and I'm still waiting for my server to be provisioned. I was told at 3 am yesterday morning that my server would be up "momentarily". It's been over 48 hours since I paid them for a yearly service and and 21 hours since I was told my server would be ready "soon". Not ordering from these clowns again.

• Well, I was claimed to be a fraud user by them and fully refunded after I submit a ticket regarding their oversell disk. Their response is really fast, but what happened there made me curious.

• They oversold everything. That i know

• FarmerOakFarmerOak Member
    edited February 2016

I've been unimpressed with their uptime. Goes down every few days for 1-2 hours, 98.44% uptime over the last 14 days (the whole time I've had the server). Gonna open a ticket if it gets any worse:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3bnnqlyzal8aq3/Screenshot 2016-02-22 17.13.52.png

• hello

This is one of the servers I have with them, VPS in Los Angeles for QuadraNet, everything is OK for me in 99 days uptime.

See image.
    http://prnt.sc/a6rtk1

Thanks

• I am very content with the uptime, and I am not an affiliate of EthernetServers.

Currently, my VPS with them has an uptime of 126 days.

•   1  [                                                                     0.0%]     Tasks: 13, 3 thr; 1 running
      2  [                                                                     0.0%]     Load average: 0.00 0.00 0.00 
      3  [                                                                     0.0%]     Uptime: 106 days(!), 15:06:37
      4  [                                                                     0.0%]
      Mem[|*                                                              31/4096MB]
      Swp[|                                                                3/2048MB]

Alot of ressources allocated, but the VPS is not that responsive, the uptime is good, tough. So I'm not using it that much :/

• hope they can alive more than 1 year