Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 Core intel atom and tri-core cpus? I never thought... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8 Core intel atom and tri-core cpus? I never thought...

2»

Comments

• Yeah. Im gonna call this the monstatom! :D!

• Microlinux said: They are on Newegg.

Show me where you can buy an Avoton CPU without mainboard.... all i found are BGA soldered boards from Asrock and alike.

• marketing... put a number on it, the bigger the better...

• William said: all i found are BGA soldered boards from Asrock and alike.

That's what I'm talking about, a CPU/MB combo, as in all-in-one.

• The new C2xxx Atoms are not "atoms" like the original Dxxx models.
    They are pretty damn powerful and should be the next "every day" server spec for most people's needs.

• Who is selling best priced servers using these C2758 Atoms? Anyone here on LET ?

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2015

@Umair said:
    Who is selling best priced servers using these C2758 Atoms? Anyone here on LET ?

I do them for $27 :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ItsChrisG said: The new C2xxx Atoms are not "atoms" like the original Dxxx models. They are pretty damn powerful and should be the next "every day" server spec for most people's needs.

People say they are similar to E3s in performance, those have 4 cores, this has 8, so, yeah, on a massive threading application, might even do better.

• File and Storage Server - Don't need a ton of CPU power, network I/O
    Development Server - Test bed to try out new stuff
    Networking Services (Proxy, Routing, etc) - All about the network bandwidth
    Web Server - Average low end web server runs just fine on 1 CPU.

Intel's Atom is a wonderful chip for doing a great amount of tasks with low power that doesn't require massive CPU and Power. I've built many systems with the Atom chip in mind because it doesn't require a giant PSU and can have a very compact footprint.

There is a reason HP and SuperMicro are pushing servers with hundreds of Atom's and it's because your TCO is very low.