Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH moving out of Amsterdam? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH moving out of Amsterdam?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Ramnode? Instead of the new GVH Buffalo nodes, pffft, get real....

Thanked by 3Nick_A Pwner Amfy
  • While I tend to agree with them that it's not 100% their fault (from what I got, @William pulled the IPs before the end of contract blaming SPAM)

I cancelled the contract with my reseller - Which again had NO written contract which i usually do over 5-10 years with a backup company and not on myself, 6 months cancellation notice from the customer, 18-24 months from me/us - With the default (= no contract applicable) one month notice outlined in my ToS.

They had one full month (30.5days) to move (which is not much but not my problem) - I pulled them early after, which i can of course prove, phishing websites were hosted (hosted, not redirect) and abuse (sent to Jon, GVHs listed Abuse and PhoenixNAP) was ignored multiple days long (and this French bank got very annoying, of course). I withdrew the LOA (AFTER trying to contact PhoenixNAP again to set a null for ONLY this single /32, which was again ignored), again with info to all of them, which was again ignored (simple removal/disabling of the site and a mail back would have been enough to prevent this) and had to ultimately contact PhoenixNAPs upstreams to set ACLs on the border routers (as a matter of fact - PhoenixNAP STILL announces the network). This process is also exactly detailed as happened (24hours reply to abuse, 48hours remove it, 72hours to LOA withdrawal as last measure, the try to have only the /32 nulled was pure courtesy of me) in my ToS. If they were not provided to Jon by the reseller then that's not my problem at all.

Thanked by 2J1021 ucxo
  • @William said:
    They had one full month (30.5days) to move (which is not much but not my problem) - I pulled them early after, which i can of course prove, phishing websites were hosted (hosted, not redirect) and abuse (sent to Jon, GVHs listed Abuse and PhoenixNAP) was ignored multiple days long (and this French bank got very annoying, of course). I withdrew the LOA (AFTER trying to contact PhoenixNAP again to set a null for ONLY this single /32, which was again ignored), again with info to all of them, which was again ignored (simple removal/disabling of the site and a mail back would have been enough to prevent this) and had to ultimately contact PhoenixNAPs upstreams to set ACLs on the border routers (as a matter of fact - PhoenixNAP STILL announces the network). This process is also exactly detailed as happened (24hours reply to abuse, 48hours remove it, 72hours to LOA withdrawal as last measure, the try to have only the /32 nulled was pure courtesy of me) in my ToS. If they were not provided to Jon by the reseller then that's not my problem at all.

william, get in contact with me please

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

JustAMacUser said: LET's very own Maarten Kossen. He was issued free credits and eventually became a paid customer after he found satisfaction with what we offered.

"after he found satisfaction"...this sounds like a Biblical story of redemption.

A wandering soul...trials in the desert...and finally found satisfaction. Denzel Washington stars in the feel-good hit of the summer...

• @raindog308 said:

LOL...

Also makes a good made-for-TV Hallmark movie.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

JustAMacUser said: Also makes a good made-for-TV Hallmark movie.

I could also see "Martin Finds Satisfaction" as a title on the Spice Network.

Thanked by 2JustAMacUser netomx
  • My server IP got changed without me getting any notice and when asking for compensation I got stone-walled, with GVH blaming it on @William.

@mpkossen please send me this ticket - Goes all in my already running defamation lawsuit against GVH/Jon.

• raindog308 said: A wandering soul...trials in the desert...and finally found satisfaction. Denzel Washington stars in the feel-good hit of the summer...

I purchased one server with them in LA (25TB BW one) and then got issued a credit when I wanted to send an invoice for that IP-change stunt they pulled in LA. I used that credit for other servers. It had nothing to do with satisfaction, but rather with credit I had to spend and couldn't offload to my PayPal AFAIK.

Ironically enough, this time around they're not that easy with compensation while this IP change was even worse than the last one. It's business sense the other way around.

And as an added bonus, I get an additional 100ms of ping for free, yay! Oh, and yet another new IP address.

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  • @William said:
    mpkossen please send me this ticket - Goes all in my already running defamation lawsuit against GVH/Jon.

I'm not going to send you anything, sorry. I also don't buy all the lawsuit stuff you're throwing around.

I was pretty sure you had better stuff to worry about than a provider like GVH, but I guess I was wrong.

Thanked by 2netomx Dylan
  • Eiffel Tower (enterprise upgraded spec!) in arizona anyone?

Damn, seems like GVH damaged my business plan.

• @mpkossen said:
    I was pretty sure you had better stuff to worry about than a provider like GVH, but I guess I was wrong.

Burn!

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Seems like the GVH IPv4 addresses are changing more often than my dynamically assigned home IPv4 address.

• I was pretty sure you had better stuff to worry about than a provider like GVH, but I guess I was wrong.

So? A normal day has 24 hours, much stuff one can do in them.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @William said:
    So? A normal day has 24 hours, much stuff one can do in them.

Doctors recommend sleeping at least 1/4 of that allocated time to function properly throughout the day.

• Amphetamines solve that problem very well :)

• @William said:
    Amphetamines solve that problem very well :)

Not long term. Trust me with that.

• @William said:
    Amphetamines solve that problem very well :)

I'm not sure they 'solve' that particular issue.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • William said: already running defamation lawsuit against GVH/Jon.

There is no point taking legal action again him, there is nothing to take, he isn't even an officer of GVH. Maybe still even a minor.

No lawyer worth their money will embark on a suit with them, their first action will be an asset search of Jon, asset search against the company and both have nothing tangible to take.

• Defamation is criminal in Austria - No lawyer is required and no costs are incurred.

• William said: Defamation is criminal in Austria - No lawyer is required and no costs are incurred.

Good luck with that, I can't see a US court giving a jot what an Austrian court says.

• @MarkTurner said:
    ... I can't see a US court giving a jot what an Austrian court says.

One more reason for us Europeans, Russians, Brasilians, etc. to avoid usa companies, products, and services whereever possible.
    (Note bene: I'm not taking Williams side here)

Oh and, of course, Europe (etc) courts are expected by us-americans to dance to every us courts tune ...

Thanked by 2Baris k0nsl
  • @bsdguy - My point exactly!

• That's one thing I don't get, was the contract with Jon or with GVH? Being underage he cannot legally enter into many types of contracts, making them null from the start. For all his talk about how age doesn't matter, it sure does when it comes time to pay the piper, or skip out without repercussion. He's throwing anyone he can under the bus now, Ramnode for problems with his staminus protection, colocrossing for his cpanel licensing issues, etc. It sure says something when you claim to be the #1 reseller of a company, yet that company doesn't trust you enough to give you direct access to their licensing account (that is not a knock on cc, given Jon's inability to be honest, there's no telling what kind of trouble he could get them in, and again walk away claiming he wasn't old enough to be held liable). Given a few companies have come forward now and stated they will not provide services to GVH (directly or when Jon tries to sneak in via a reseller), hopefully more will follow that path. He has done nothing positive for the hosting industry since he started. Only treated customers like crap, and created unrealistic pricing references that fool customers into thinking they are getting a "deal" when in reality they are getting screwed and he is laughing at them.

• That's one thing I don't get, was the contract with Jon or with GVH?

Mine? Neither. My contract is with my reseller which is a reputable US company/LLC.

• My VPS is near a whole week down as their migration takes more than they thought... does anyone already got migrated VPS?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

@Anna_Parker said:
    My VPS is near a whole week down as their migration takes more than they thought... does anyone already got migrated VPS?

Use the downtime and your backups to get out while you can!

• Anna_Parker said: My VPS is near a whole week down as their migration takes more than they thought... does anyone already got migrated VPS?

Did you ticket in?

• @Anna_Parker said:
    My VPS is near a whole week down as their migration takes more than they thought... does anyone already got migrated VPS?

Didn't you get rid of your GVH VPS's?

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited February 2015

@sambling Yes, ticket is opened.
    @linuxthefish I'm using it just to support Bitcoin network to host full node, so it doesn't hurt me much.

• @Anna_Parker said:

Maybe his little sister is handling the migration again ;). He bragged about what a wonderful job she did last time.