Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus ? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus ?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2015

@iceTwy said:
    Maounique: do you have any update on the pm20 node, please?

No, but it is supposed to be online.
    It is a kvm node so please check if your vm is set to boot from ISO or the iso was mounted. If it was, unmount it, then try to start the vm.
    This is the procedure to follow for all people with not working KVMs, except those on pm14 which is still down due to hardware issues.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

Both threads merged rather than running two of the same conversations. Whilst it's clearly painful for things to be down so long I am 100% certain that Sal, Mao and others are moving as fast as they possibly can to get things back up and let you have updates as and when they are available.

• @Maounique: Any update about the OVZ node PM32 ? Still dead, it seems.

@rm_said: Can't help but notice how ultimately fragile that "cloud solution" turned out to be.

After a demo of some enterprise SAN/private cloud/other expensive gizmo, I let the salesman finish the customary "this is unbreakable" speech, then I ask to pull out the power cords and see whats happens. You would be surprised of the results. I clearly remember a big brand FC SAN that failed the test so badly that the salesman basically ran away in shame. By the way, I suggest Prometeus to do this trick a little more often (not with the production environement :-)

pcan said: @Maounique: Any update about the OVZ node PM32 ? Still dead, it seems.

Typo? This is pm32, maybe some other:
    top - 19:23:14 up 7:37, 2 users, load average: 2.84, 2.28, 2.02
    Tasks: 2845 total, 2 running, 2836 sleeping, 0 stopped, 7 zombie
    Cpu(s): 9.3%us, 2.6%sy, 0.1%ni, 86.1%id, 1.1%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.7%si, 0.0%st
    Mem: 65806912k total, 54298540k used, 11508372k free, 5455472k buffers

pcan said: You would be surprised of the results

Actually, the san did not fail, per se. just it took very long to do all tests after powering down due to sensing power outage. This was the cheaper, 150k one for the KVM zone and a few other servers. The 1 mil one remained up all the time thanks to special sleep states and onboard UPSes, so, when the power came, the xen zone was up almost immediately.

• @Maounique , Do you have any update for IWStack. Its been more than 12 hours of waiting for me.

• Could you please start the offloaded mysql server, i'm sure alot of people's vps are tied to it

• @Maounique said:

Thanks for the heads up on the KVM issue, I unmounted the installation ISO for my VPS and it rebooted w/o any issue. It's accessible now.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

People, stop asking every couple of minutes about the one or the other node. It just take more time to Maounique and Salvatore to inform case by case, the same time that they need to be focus to recover from the general failure. Mao is active enough to give us updates about the recover. Asking for every single node (when will be come live again etc.) won't helm IMHO.

@Maounique I feel for you and Uncle! And it is an irony the tagline you had some time ago (if I recall well): "Who is General Failure and what is he doing on my PC?" Seriously, now, your behavior in an urgent situation here is way better than most, if not all providers that have been in similar circumstanses!

• @Maounique said:
    I always said that. 2-3 cheap VMs with a few select leb providers will have 100% uptime barring a major catastrophe or bad luck like 1 chance in millions beating any major and expensive providers in uptime, price and resources.

Yup, Mao, exactly

Hope you & Uncle Sal get it all sorted soon.

jvnadr said: People, stop asking every couple of minutes about the one or the other node.

Actually, this helps me. Everyone is on site, daniela answers most tickets, I am checking for odd issues not immediately obvious for people in the servers room or for non-technical ones. The tickets about specific issues give me clues about what might still not be working right. Same here.

Thanked by 1johnspaetzel
  • @geekalot said:
    Hope you & Uncle Sal get it all sorted soon.

+1, then enjoy a nice cold beer.

• @rm_ said:
    This part of WHMCS is soooo unloved and underused by providers, sometimes I wonder why it's even there (and one would think it's the first place to check in case of any issues)...

Without putting any blame on anyone, I agree with you here. This is the first place providers should report outages as it's the first place a customer would/should look.

Thanked by 2Maounique netomx
  • @Maounique said:
    Hi , as you suggested i have opened a ticket :)

grazie!-S

edited February 2015

@mpkossen said:
    Without putting any blame on anyone, I agree with you here. This is the first place providers should report network outages as it's the first place a customer would/should look.

Fixed it for you. This was not a network outage, though we did think of it in the first place simply because power outages were unheard of until now. It was much more so we put a full announcement and emailed a ll the possibly affected people, even if their service was already up.

elbandido said: @Maounique said: Hi , as you suggested i have opened a ticket :) grazie!-S

Please PM me the number, we have hundreds in total today and tens every hour, so I have no idea which is yours.

• @Maounique thanks a lot. Got a message from my client telling iwstack is up. As pointed by @jvnadr sorry for asking updates every few hours. But i asked only once for every 10 questIons i get from my clients.
    Thanks again

• @Maounique said:
    Please PM me the number, we have hundreds in total today and tens every hour, so I have no idea which is yours.

ur right: it's 482786 and Daniela told me that only 1 node left to "cure"...

thank you
    Simone

elbandido said: Simone

Aha, I had a feeling, but your nick here suggest south american or spanish origin, so i had none of those in the last half an hour :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Maounique said:
    Aha, I had a feeling, but your nick here suggest south american or spanish origin, so i had none of those in the last half an hour :)

comes from my motorcycle (suzuki Bandit) :)

..i'll just wait for node to come up....

• My shared hosting is still not working for 10 hours +. I have just bought yesterday some ads to promote my websites. Any updates for me?

I am sorry, shared hosting is the last one on the list to fix, but 95% of the work is done, so, i believe it will be solved in the next hours.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Thank you @Maounique for the help and support you were providing. Iwstack didn't let me down.. every thing is fine now..

It actually, did let many people down :(
    https://master.iwstack.com/client/
    It is up now, please login and check things. If your VM is not starting, please check the status of the ISO, unmount it and try again. We appreciate any feedback because we cannot test all possible scenarios out there.

• asianbookieasianbookie Member
    edited February 2015

Unfortunately no, AFAIK the only things left to fix are shared hosting and myoffload which is also some kind of shared hosting.
    pm14 is also fixed.

• Thank you @Maounique @Prometeus for your great support .
    Shared,Iwstack and FTP Backup UP and running
    Only one small glitch with BIZ Shared
    Outstanding Customer Service

Thanked by 2netomx Maounique
    edited February 2015

Hello!

Not all shared is up, we have some legacy servers (non-biz, nondedicated rsources) which still need fixxing as well as the myoffload.
    IWStack still has issues, generate by heavy load ont he master and broken snapshots which were probably in progress when power went down. I am also guessing at least some people have issues with the virtual routers which are not necesarily on the same nodes with their main VMs and might have started later or not at all leaving the private networking broken. If you have private networking, shutdown all VMs which use it, wait some 10 minutes and start one VM, test connection and if it works, start the others. Restarting it with clean up option will also help while the vms using it are down.
    Wee will be solving these later on.

• @asianbookie said:
    Could you please start the offloaded mysql server, i'm sure alot of people's vps are tied to it

Yeah, that would be nice to know when we might expect that one to be running again. :)
    @Maounique

• elbandidoelbandido Member
    edited February 2015

@maounique sorry, what about bk01 (i mean the Idera backup server)..is he "alive" ? :)
    thx

• zakdr said: Enable replication on my database server -Configure a fail over dns

was thinking the same thing, but it's probably not that easy...
    how can you switch DNS in a fast way? With a low TTL, but there are several cache layers between the DNS and the end user will that slow down the process..
    AWS Route 53 can auto switch DNS to a "backup" server if a fail is detected, but on master return it will have a old database...

• pm14 is looking good again, thanks!