Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus ? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus ?

Comments

• techsys said: Something positive I think - from Prometeus (Operator John Deer)

FYI "John Deer" is @Maounique here

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    FYI "John Deer" is Maounique here

thank you I will try to remember that

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

MaxMiller said: My Biz Xen is still down.

The nodes are up, including pm49 which I believe is your host node. However, there is a problem with it, I am looking into it now.

• Well, I had received an email regarding this, about 2 hrs ago.

Hope, it will make Prometeus better in future.

• @Maounique said:
    pm49

Ooops! This is also my host node... FIY I cannot start the VPS via Boot from solus panel

This is not a network issue as we thought at first when nothing worked. It is in announcements and we also sent an email to all people having services in Italy in the beginning. But there were 6700+ emails and took a long time, int he meantime we updated the announcements:

https://www.prometeus.net/billing/announcements.php

• Same with pm14.

• do you have any info about pm45 ETA?

• ibroxstibroxst Member
    edited February 2015

My vps kvm in pm46 still offline :(

• Maybe just added some wording. This is just a problem after being 3 or 4 years with Prometeus. While with some other hosts, I might get a monthly maintenance/problem/server upgrade/data loss/network loss/or any other problems. And sometimes, the problem unsolved, and in the end I leave that hosts.

But for now, I will just wait for the problem to be fixed.

Pm56, pm27, pm17 are up. But my kvm at pm17 are down. And I'm glad that the reseller node for shared hosting is up, so the university site still up for now. :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • my VPS in pm45 is back online again!

edited February 2015

We have most nodes online, but various problems popped up. We are working to solve them one by one, while Salvatore works on IWStack and whatever we get stuck in and ask help.

ErawanArifNugroho said: But my kvm at pm17

I believe that is some typo, pm17 is not kvm.

MaxMiller said: My Biz Xen is still down.

pm49 problem solved, vms are coming back.

• Any new update on IWStack

• CrabCrab Member
    edited February 2015

My IWStack is still down too and control panel gives communication exception :(

• Hope pm38 comes online soon

• Sorry Mao, it's pm14 :)

• ibroxstibroxst Member
    edited February 2015

Any idea if the nodes from iperweb are going back online soon?
    I can't access to https://my.iperweb.com/clientarea/

I'm in pm46

edited February 2015

IWStack nodes are up, but not all error-free. We must start the master only after the nodes are OK, otherwise hell will break loose. I would estimate about half the VMs should be up. If yours isnt, it is because is 384 MB, your node is experiencing issues or it needs manual fsck or some other kind of input which cannot happen without the console, I know.
    pm49 still has an issue, will reboot it now, then should really be up.

ibroxst said: Any idea if the nodes from iperweb are going back online soon? I can't access to https://my.iperweb.com/clientarea/

All the nodes are being brought up, you should not use client area from iperweb, except for most basic operations such as boot/reboot, solusvm is there for the rest.

ErawanArifNugroho said: Sorry Mao, it's pm14 :)

pm14 has a bad disk, we left the hardware cases at the end.

• Maounique said: If yours isnt, it is because is 384 MB, your node is experiencing issues or it needs manual fsck or some other kind of input which cannot happen without the console, I know.

Why are the 384 MB instances not back up? Were they all running on a corrputed node?

• Mine is saying 'Starting' for some minutes and then goes to 'Stopped'. I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones with node busted.

• Just a short update and considering the servers went down at 6:30am Uk time, still no access to any of my servers has been 9 hours and no access to iwstack access panel so cant tell if the servers just need to be restarted, not that I could do anything about it if I did. However I do appreciate the above announcement by prometeus this does help. The email to clients well me will not as my mail server is on a effected VPS. I do hope this can be resolved soon.

• One of mine says running but isn't pingable. The other is stopped and boot command won't work. Neither are 384mb instances.

gsrdgrdghd said: Why are the 384 MB instances not back up? Were they all running on a corrputed node?

Hello!

No, some months ago, maybe a year, we had a lot of issues due to disk abuse, mainly, from them, because of too low memory and swap usage from people running 2003 server, for example and some seo applications as well as others with undersized VMs. KVM has more ram requirements than ovz and 384 mb instances were not cutting it.
    They were not removed, just no new creations were accepted and the old ones, once stopped, could only be brought up again after update.

Crab said: Mine is saying 'Starting' for some minutes and then goes to 'Stopped'. I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones with node busted.

IWStack? The master is not started, so, the interface fails to connect with the API. Normally, if the node is up, the VMs should start in most cases, but there are up nodes with fsck in progress and some with libvirt issues.

• @Crab @Maounique

Same here. Can now access the clientarea on prometeus.net, but not on iwstack.com or iperweb.com.

No console access on prometeus.net, and starting ends in stopped state after a few minutes.

• CrabCrab Member
    edited February 2015

@Maounique said:
    IWStack? The master is not started, so, the interface fails to connect with the API. Normally, if the node is up, the VMs should start in most cases, but there are up nodes with fsck in progress and some with libvirt issues.

Yes I'm on IWStack. Thanks for the explanation :) Client area works now though, so some progress has been happening.

• @Maounique

Is there some site where clients can see the status of their nodes?

Something like PN 01 - OK ... PM 14 - rebuilding RAID, etc. and maybe an ETA for the nodes?

Not pushing, just asking friendly.

• any news on pm38?

edited February 2015

pm38 is up and some containers are already up, you should be able to start yours from solus if it does not work for some reason.

bsdguy said: Not pushing, just asking friendly.

I know but the situation changes so fast that updating that site is useless and would take useful time. Besides, many people work on more nodes in the same time, would need to ask all what they are doing and it is not really feasible. Just ask here and while i wait for some restart, i will answer the best i can.

• working! many thanks

• No separate UPS systems on A+B feeds?