Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US Dedicated Server locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US Dedicated Server locations

I am trying to recommend Delimiter to bringing on more US locations and want to get some real feedback on where you want systems.

Locations
  1. Preferred location123 votes
    1. Boston
        3.25%
    2. Virginnia
        4.88%
    3. Washington DC
        3.25%
    4. New York
      28.46%
    5. Atlanta
        4.07%
    6. Miami
        6.50%
    7. Los Angeles
      26.83%
    8. Chicago
        7.32%
    9. Seattle
        8.13%
    10. Denver
        7.32%
  2. Preferred System123 votes
    1. Atom
      25.20%
    2. X5150/L5420
      27.64%
    3. X5520 / X5650
      13.01%
    4. E3-1200 series
      19.51%
    5. E5-2600 series
      14.63%

Comments

• Delaware.

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • Sydney, Australia muhahahah!

Thanked by 2trewq VPNsh
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2015

Why not Europe instead of more US locations?

• @William - Yomura has no presence in DE so not going to happen. Delimiter can only offer services in a Yomura facility.

@ATHK - Profit margin isn't there, these days Yomura only sells VPS in Sydney.

@Hostnoob - The European sites have already been agreed by Delimiter, just waiting for them to start making offers.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • I'm probably the only one who voted for Boston :)

• @MarkTurner said:.

ATHK - Profit margin isn't there, these days Yomura only sells VPS in Sydney.

You're telling me, that and it's so damn expensive here, got a link to those VPS's?

• Where is your Virginia location? That's usually known as "DC" by many providers.

• @amhoab - we have two Virginia locations - Reston and Falls Church. Though I think if Delimiter were to offer services they would be in the cheaper Reston location.

@ATHK - On Delimiter's website http://www.delimiter.com/ you will find the various VPS options.

• So far it looks like everyone wants a give away offer in New York on X5150/L5420

• Please asia location

• @hawkjohn7 - Can't do LEB pricing in Asia but depending on country can do aggressive pricing. PM me your requirements.

• @MarkTurner said:
    So far it looks like everyone wants a give away offer in New York on X5150/L5420

If you're giving them away, I'll take 2. ;)

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited January 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    ATHK - On Delimiter's website http://www.delimiter.com/ you will find the various VPS options.

Thanks Mark, you really need to get them to update that horrible looking website :P

Asia Pacific, Sydney
    http://www.delimiter.com/products/index.php?STY=VPS&DIS=ALL&LOC=Asia&SID=1

VPS Select 50(more info) 0 To be advised
    http://www.delimiter.com/products/prodinfo/?PID=34

• @ATHK - I expect a new website will be forthcoming shortly, I've seen many iterations over the past few months. Sydney sells very aggressively, its best to email Steve [email protected] and ask him to keep you on the waiting list.

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited January 2015

I put NY, but Virginia/DC are fine too if the latency to Europe is about the same.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited January 2015

@MarkTurner Which datacenter in Sydney do you guys use?

• I am surprised that Miami was not of more interest, especially given the connectivity to South America.

• @trewq - We have network in Equinix and Global Switch in AU and JDA in New Zealand

• We love Los Angeles!

• @MarkTurner Everyone wants NYC, but can Delimiter deliver in NYC? Almost a month and no L5420 in NYC, they got me one in ATL last week just so they can deliver something for the time being.

• Why did you put ones Delimiter already offer?

• @Mikeyur - PM me the details and I'll investigate for you

@Ishaq - to see where the interest is compared to the other sites.

• Chicago is edging into third position. I am still really surprised at lack of interest in Miami. Its an under-serviced location with great South American routes

• Is it actually NYC or Buffalo? Would ping be similar to NJ?

• @hostnoob - Its NYC as in downtown Manhattan

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • I'd love a West Coast location with the Atom. LA is nice, but Seattle would be another awesome location.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I'd love if an Atom config was available in Chicago. Chicago is great for us in Ontario :)

• Voted LAX X5150/L5420 (though a complete oddball California location like Sacto would be neat, but I know I have mentioned this before and the pricing would be through the roof..) but are these simply to offer the hardware configurations listed, or the configurations listed at the same price as currently offered in ATL?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited January 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    I am still really surprised at lack of interest in Miami. Its an under-serviced location with great South American routes

The great South (and Central) American routes are in all likelihood exactly why there's so little interest here. LET's active posters are overwhelmingly American and European (sorry, @netomx!).

• I voted Chicago, but I'd prefer Dallas if it were an option. Closest to me!