Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Comodo Positive SSL's - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Comodo Positive SSL's

2»

Comments

• Thread is TL;DR but : http://cloudcommando.com/special_plan/
    $15/y apparently with recurring wildcard certificate

• @yomero said:
    someone should give you the CSR and you create manually the certificate

This.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2015

@martin_w said:
    This huge price difference is due to brand value and customer trust.

That's, with all due respect, marketing bull-it. I couldn't care less about "brand value" and "customer trust".
    In professional circles Comodo has done more than enough crappy things to deserve a very bad reputation.
    "customer trust", I'm sorry but I don't care batsh-t what Joe and Mary Knownothing think. Furthermore that's empty blabla. Jow and Mary trust everything that gives them a green bar.
    And "brand value" actually hints well at a major problem. They are not in the security but in the buzzword and marketing business.

Looking for SSL certificates (for more than purely formal reasons) you want
    * a provider with a good track record (not series of problems in the past)
    * SSH-2 hashes and good and sufficiently large algorithm, min 2048 RSA.
    * a clear cut and short chain with ideally no middle steps.
    * a troublefree and working revocation structure in place.

And considering that for their still high prices they "certify" usually little more than that you are able to click on buttons and receive and read an email you - should - demand more than "brand value" and marketing blabla.

P.S. This post is by no means or in any way directed against martin_w but against a market riddled with bulsh-it bingo and what everywhere else would be called "scamming".

Thanked by 1howardsl2
  • @zhuanyi said:

Hi Mr zhu:

Why do you concern so much about our whois info?

I believe that you bought our 5 years wildcard cert on 2014 Dec 2nd, right?

Your domain is: gap******n.com, right?

So, I'm not sure why you say that. Were you not satisfied with our service? You can contact us if you have any doubt about our service.

Good luck too.

• FirstVM_comFirstVM_com Member
    edited January 2015

@zhuanyi said:

I feel so sad to see you say that. I thought you were a kind man.

I knew that we were competitors on some field, right?

But I have never said any thing bad to any of my competitors. I hope you are good, just like anyone else, including my competitors, as long as they are good man.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited January 2015

FirstVM_com said: Why do you concern so much about our whois info?

I am not concerned, I am just pointing out you are violating the rules of the registrar and hence the domain could be suspended due to obviously fake whois info. In fact I would be thankful if someone tells me I am doing that and I will fix it right away (if I really want the domain).

FirstVM_com said: I believe that you bought our 5 years wildcard cert on 2014 Dec 2nd, right?

Wow, good way to share with the whole world your customer information, really appreciate the privacy here.

And whether that customer was me or not is irrelevant and I buy junks all the time too. Hell I even got a cheeseburger from Big Mac this morning! (And a few VPS from CC, LOL :))

FirstVM_com said: Your domain is: gap******n.com, right?

So you dig out some whois info on a domain (which is not even pointing to any meaningful website other than a default wordpress install) and you are threatening me with that?

FirstVM_com said: So, I'm not sure why you say that. Were you not satisfied with our service? You can contact us if you have any doubt about our service.

@FirstVM_com said:
    I knew that we were competitors on some field, right?

Does it matter? You used fake whois info, that's end of story. I am not commenting on your services and I am not bashing you because we are "competitors", you are doing something against the rules of the registrar, does that mean I can't say anything about it just because you are selling your GApp domains and at the same time I am doing the same?

My suggestion: rather than going around and trying post other's personal information online, correct your phone number on your whois. If you are opening a business (and wants to make money) and if you are servicing people with full faith, I don't know what is there to hide. For the record I didn't post any of your personal info online (other than a fake phone number you used in the whois).

• @FirstVM_com @zhuanyi According to forum rules, the whois info must be public and validated if you want to post offer. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanked by 2zhuanyi Leechum
  • zhuanyi said: due to obviously fake whois info

Thanks, it's not what you say before. how can you change your word so fast?

zhuanyi said: Wow, good way to share with the whole world your customer information, really appreciate the privacy here.

Really? All the info was hidden. I knew that you would grab this point, but it was hidden.

zhuanyi said: So you dig out some whois info on a domain (which is not even pointing to any meaningful website other than a default wordpress install) and you are threatening me with that?

I don't need to dig anything. I just searched our database. So you admit that the domain was yours, right?

zhuanyi said: Hell I even got a cheeseburger from Big Mac this morning! (And a few VPS from CC, LOL :))

Hell too, I got Big CC to, from US/Canada.

Does it really matter whether I listed my cell phone number on the whois info? It's our bussiness. To get rid of spams, I think many people use fake number.

I'm not a native english speaker, my english is a little poor. but we just want to do our best to serve everyone, to save your money, to make things easy for you all.

For anyone, you may feel free to contact our support on the site if you have any problems.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited January 2015

@FirstVM_com said:

Sorry I am not interested in commenting any further as this is derailing from the thread. My final words, if you have done something wrong (as I have mentioned before), admit it and move on. You are representing a business here and what you've said and done will only make your potential customers don't want to deal with you.

Just to remind you again, this is not my rules to say your domain will get deleted if you put in fake whois data, it is the registrar (and ICANN)'s rule. And as @mycloud has mentioned, by providing fake whois and advertise on LET, you are violating the LET rules as well (which again, not set by me).

Good luck with your business, I will keep my mouth shut now.

• zhuanyi said: You are representing a business here and what you've said and done will only make your potential customers don't want to deal with you.

I know well about what I'm doing, I think anyone will have his own judgment whether to deal with us.

Yes, I really don't want to comment on this thread anymore either.

Let's finish it, ok?

At last, I really appreciate your help (and your trust about purchasing cert from us).

It's welcomed for everybody to give us any suggestions/advises anytime. But we don't accept any defame/slander without any proves.

Good luck to everyone.

• Reads someone who has never heard of Comodo ssl.

Instant facepalm.

• I bought directly from @xoxo thanks to a Hong long friend that paid with alipay, I really recommend his wildcard SSL, and for the issl.Asia dude, that was a funny thing to read ha

• Felipe said: January 24 FlagThanks

@Felipe said:
    I bought directly from xoxo thanks to a Hong long friend that paid with alipay, I really recommend his wildcard SSL, and for the issl.Asia dude, that was a funny thing to read ha

Thanks for your recommend.

• @Umair said:
    They go as low as $58.36 /year if you go for 5 year term. $ 291.80 in Total And issl.asia is giving one for $59.9/5year. (wow, what a huge difference)

But here http://cheapsslcouponcode.com/coupons/wildcard-ssl-certificates cheapest wildcard ssl certificate price starts at only $36 for alpha ssl wildcard and $49.50 for Comodo postive ssl. So isn't it great deal compared to $58.36?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2015

@MaryJohnson said:
    But here [Link removed] cheapest wildcard ssl certificate price starts at only $36 for alpha ssl wildcard and $49.50 for Comodo postive ssl. So isn't it great deal compared to $58.36?

I've seen people spam Yahoo Answers with their sites/affiliate links more subtly.

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • @Traffic said:
    I've seen people spam Yahoo Answers with their sites/affiliate links more subtly.

I have checked it ( cheapsslcouponcode.com ) is giving above offering price. You should check it once.

• @MaryJohnson said:
    I have checked it ( cheapsslcouponcode.com ) is giving above offering price. You should check it once.

Thanks for your advice, Mary Johnson. Really appreciate it!

Now it's my turn. You should seek advice. Your obsession with that site with is not yours at all is not healthy.

• @Traffic said:
    Now it's my turn. You should seek advice. Your obsession with that site with is not yours at all is not healthy.

Thanks for your advice. I am just sharing my experience on this platform not an obsession.

• What you post is bs, thats yearly pricing - Issl's is 5 (FIVE) years, thus much cheaper.

• You bought them at the black Friday sales, right? ;) grabbed 5 of them as well, used 3 and the other one's already expired.. Had in mind they expired in the end of Feb..

• Meanwhile, people on taobao are selling 5 years Wildcard SSL for just $32...

• damn u guys are fast

• JasonPJasonP Member
    edited March 2015

Wildcard SSL certificate $42 for 1 year, if you choose it for 5 years it can be cheaper $36 - ($180/5). https://www.ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php