Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Comodo Positive SSL's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Comodo Positive SSL's

PetaByetPetaByet Member
edited January 2015 in General

Hey guys,

I have a bunch of unused 1 year Comodo Positive SSL's from Namecheap that has to be activated before the end of January, and I don't have lots of domains that can benefit from these SSLs so I'm giving them out, for free! (You can pay, of course)

If you are interested, please PM me your CSR, web server type, name, contact info and address (required by namecheap).

No more left!

Enjoy!

Thanked by 3nhocconan comXyz typh0n

Comments

• These expire? Have a bunch in my account, but don't remember seeing anything about an expiration. Some are a few years old and say n/a next to expiration.

• You gotta use them by Jan 31st. I've got 2 or 3 left, but think I can find a use for them.

• @DH22 said:
    These expire? Have a bunch in my account, but don't remember seeing anything about an expiration. Some are a few years old and say n/a next to expiration.

These are the black friday ones that have time limits.

• @PetaByet Sent you a request.

• @vijai said:
    PetaByet Sent you a request.

Replied.

• Anyone has a free WildCard SSL ?? :D
    or really cheap one :)

• @Umair said:
    Anyone has a free WildCard SSL ?? :D

Check our really cheap 5 years wildcard SHA256 cert: https://www.issl.asia.

• 3 SSL's left!

• Does anyone have them @PetaByet? I have a domain at namecheap, too, but never got any ssl from them I guess. I'd need one though.

• @FirstVM_com said:

Will they even be here after 5 years ?? (Never heard of them before)
    Are they just reselling SingleHope's Free SSL for a fee ??

Haven't seen such price for WildCrad ssl for 5 years?

• @Umair said:

You should visit cheapsslsecurity for cheapest wildcard certificate. If you are purchasing for 5 years you can get it at $58 only.

• @chrisp said:
    Does anyone have them PetaByet? I have a domain at namecheap, too, but never got any ssl from them I guess. I'd need one though.

2 left, PM me if you want one.

• Got one from @PetaByet. It is appreciated :-)

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • All SSL's are gone!

• @Umair said:
    Haven't seen such price for WildCrad ssl for 5 years?

No, it's not singlehop's cert. it can be used on any ip. I think there are so many people in LET that bought our certs.

• SSL works great! Big thanks to @PetaByet! :)

• UmairUmair Member
    edited January 2015

@martin_w said:

>

They go as low as $58.36 /year if you go for 5 year term. $ 291.80 in Total
    And issl.asia is giving one for $59.9/5year. (wow, what a huge difference)

@FirstVM_com said:

Sorry, I didn't realize you said "Our" in last message. I thought you just shared the link.
    So are you operating that site??

• First the disclaimer: This is doubtlessly a friendly and generous offer from PetaByet and I thank him for this friendly offer.

And indeed I could still make use of a SSL cert. But not from Comodo, no matter what. I'd rather not enable TLS than using their cra^H, uhm, stuff.

(That said, for the sake of fairness: The whole PKI system is badly screwed and rotten anyway. But then I want at least a cert. from a halfway decent and serious player)

• @Umair said:
    So are you operating that site??

Yes this guy is known to be advertise his ssl ads whenever he see anything remotely related to SSL.

And with a fake contact number, I doubt if his site is even up in 5 years:

Phone: +86.13888888888
        Fax: +86.13888888888

So...good luck!

• @Umair said:

If you run your website through CloudFlare it will use a wildcard SSL certificate for free. If you want the best security combine this with any form of SSL certificate on your server (self-signed is fine). You also get the benefits of using CloudFlare.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited January 2015

@zhuanyi said:

But the cert will be valid for 5 years even if his site closes in a week.

• @WickedGamingUK said:
    If you run your website through CloudFlare it will use a wildcard SSL certificate for free. If you want the best security combine this with any form of SSL certificate on your server (self-signed is fine). You also get the benefits of using CloudFlare.

Well I am using CF on few sites (Not all). The reason for wanting WildCard SSL is to protect VPS. (panels and all access that needs https)

@msg7086 said:

Well saw some stories where SSL provider revoked cert. (I think they were SingleHope resellers)

I am looking for the best possible option, doesn't really have to be way too cheap.

• @msg7086 said:

The CA could revoke certs if the seller not following the TOS of the CA. I think last time CentrioHost actually got some certs revoked.

• VMBox has (had?) a VPS promo here with a quite decent VPS incl. an AlphaSSL wildcard for 20 or so $/year. That issl.asia 5 year thing also is AlphaSSL.

I like AlphaSSL for a cheap cert. They are part of the Globalsign group, seems kind of a brand to play in the cheaper market but them AlphaSSL certs seem to be the real thing albeit slightly castrated (after all, real Gobalsign certs must offer something more for the price).

As for that issl.asia company I don't have any idea how solid, serious, long-term they are. But on the other hand: With them I get ripped off maybe, just maybe and then for 50 or 60 bucks. With most others I get certainly ripped off due to insanely overpriced certs and for hundreds of bucks.
    I'd think that even if that cert worked only, say 2 years, hey, that's still O.K. price (which, admittedy, might also be pretty exactly the calculation of a scammer).

Any experiences so far with them issl.asia guys?

• @bsdguy said:
    Any experiences so far with them issl.asia guys?

he is just like reselling from @xoxo's https://www.sslcertificate.cn - which seems considerable if you have no option to buy via taobao/alipay etc.

• Kind of "With me you can order and talk in English and pay with usual western payment means"?

But then: Don't those certs have the same problems other far east certs have?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2015

@bsdguy said:
    Don't those certs have the same problems other far east certs have?

that should be? it's supposed to be an alphassl wildcard cert after all ;-)

there are some threads around here regarding this 5 year cert...
    if I remember correctly there were some people who got one of these and even posted their domain so you could check by yourself if the result fit your needs :-)

• @Umair said:
    I am looking for the best possible option, doesn't really have to be way too cheap.

If you use a self signed SSL certificate on your VPS it'll be fully secure. Just configure everything to use that self signed SSL certificate and run it through CloudFlare.

• Umair said: They go as low as $58.36 /year if you go for 5 year term. $ 291.80 in Total And issl.asia is giving one for $59.9/5year. (wow, what a huge difference)

CheapSSLSecurity is offering Wildcard SSL certificate of Comodo **wheres **issl.asia offering Wildcard SSL certificate of AlpaSSL/GlobalSign.

As per Netcraft's survey on SSL certificate Symantec covers vast number of users world wide, Godaddy is at 2 position and Comodo is at 3rd Position. The brand value and customer trust of Comodo SSL Certificate is higher than GlobalSign/AlpaSSL.

This huge price difference is due to brand value and customer trust.

Thanked by 2cidero lukesUbuntu
  • @PetaByet A question. How do you "give away" these SSLs? I mean, I have some of them too, you can push these to another account? Or someone should give you the CSR and you create manually the certificate? Thanks