Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Shards Dedicated - waiting for 2 months and nothing - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Shards Dedicated - waiting for 2 months and nothing

Comments

• concerto49 said: We've been trying to refund and work with him. It went to Paypal so we had to work with them instead. If you're having any problems do let us know.

You can easily settle the matter via the PayPal dispute center and refund while you're in there... You should know that.

• @virtenthusiast said:
    concerto49, I'm OK to work with Paul and Harry via the ticket system

Do not close your dispute until the issue is solved!

• @concerto49 said:
    We've been trying to refund and work with him. It went to Paypal so we had to work with them instead. If you're having any problems do let us know.

It takes 3 seconds to click "refund." Just saying.

• I thought CloudShards sounded like a decent provider. Clearly I was mistaken. Sorry OP that this happened to you.

@concerto49 You sound completely childish with your legal threats. It's a public forum for people to express their opinions. Just refund this guy he's clearly been patient enough with you guys.

Thanked by 20xdragon matthewvz
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

concerto49 said: Have been trying to work with you all the way.

said: On the 30th day, CloudShards responded to PayPal stating that they will not refund the money as it's a service not a good

That's some new definition of "working" I've been not aware of. Specifically, trying to stall the dispute for as much time as possible, then pulling the surefire-win move which ensures you don't have to refund. @concerto49 you're not only demonstrating you are an asshole, you're doing so in front of a many thousand audience of LET. Not the best course of action if you plan to ever advertise here, etc. Just refund immediately and don't try to pocket every small chunk of change for a service you didn't even bother to begin delivering for over 2 months.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited February 2015

rm_ said: That's some new definition of "working" I've been not aware of. Specifically, trying to stall the dispute for as much time as possible, then pulling the surefire-win move which ensures you don't have to refund. @concerto49 you're not only demonstrating you are an asshole, you're doing so in front of a many thousand audience of LET. Not the best course of action if you plan to ever advertise here, etc. Just refund immediately and don't try to pocket every small chunk of change for a service you didn't even bother to begin delivering for over 2 months.

No intention of that at all. The late response was simply that the email from Paypal was missed. We're definitely working with him to refund and get things processed. Understand there's a delay, but not purposely to hold it up.

OP will definitely get what he's owed and whatever else in order to come to a resolution. It's being worked on.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@concerto49 said:
    OP will definitely get what he's owed and whatever else in order to come to a resolution. It's being worked on.

BS

Thanked by 30xdragon ATHK matthewvz
  • We had issues with cloudshards as well a while back. I think I mentioned it in some thread here but everyone bashed me. We're glad we moved out of cloudshards when we did.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Corey said:
    We had issues with cloudshards as well a while back. I think I mentioned it in some thread here but everyone bashed me. We're glad we moved out of cloudshards when we did.

I wonder how come you're having issues with all providers you've been with, lol.

Thanked by 2mikho ehab
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

concerto49 said: Query Foundry, LLC AS62638

AlexBarakov said: you're having issues with all providers you've been with, lol.

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.

Okay, that adds some more useful information to the picture regarding the company we're discussing here.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

@concerto49

Can't really see what the delay is here, the OP claims he ordered away back on October 20th, now I have not seen any move by you to say the client is lying, not telling the whole story or anything else, which would lead me to believe he is hiding nothing.

You keep saying you are working on it but there is nothing to work on, whether it's at a paypal dispute or not. It's simple. You send him the money or you have it in your complete control to simply refund via Paypal and close the dispute.

All I see is you trying to stall a refund, this thread was opened on Jan 19th yet here we are with you still claiming you are working on it.

Lack of cash? Stalling the dispute so it expires without needing to pay? It's all that seems to make sense right now. This kind of thing puts your future ability to participate here in Jeopardy.

Thanked by 2Mark_R netomx
  • I also don't know why this cannot be solved within the next 10 minutes. The only reasons I can think of why they can't is either no more cash or no longer being in control of the company.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @mpkossen said:
    I also don't know why this cannot be solved within the next 10 minutes. The only reasons I can think of why they can't is either no more cash or no longer being in control of the company.

It's been refunded a while ago. Just leaving it for the OP to post back. We've resolved this so thanks.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @concerto49 said:
    It's been refunded a while ago. Just leaving it for the OP to post back. We've resolved this so thanks.

How long ago is 'awhile ago' because according to @virtenthusiast the issues are still on going as of 11:12PM and the way the dispute has been handled from what we've been informed is very suspicious.

I do hope you have refunded him although its still not acceptable that he had to wait several months for a resolution on this issue.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

Let's wait for the OP to report back and confirm.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2015

Just FYI paypal is experiencing technical problems at the moment. So even if the refund was made recently, the OP might not have received notification about it yet. https://www.paypal-notify.com/eventnotification/search?eventSearchType=PayPalSiteStatus

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited February 2015

Corey said: We had issues with cloudshards as well a while back. I think I mentioned it in some thread here but everyone bashed me. We're glad we moved out of cloudshards when we did.

After bending over backwards for you as much as we did, this is a low blow, Corey. That's all I'll say on the matter.

It takes 3 seconds to click "refund." Just saying.

Not on a order that's past paypal's refund period. Businesses not wanting to manually send money is common because it opens up a risky can of worms.

OP will definitely get what he's owed and whatever else in order to come to a resolution.

OP has been sent a manual payment to put this matter to rest, @virtenthusiast please confirm.

@Community, I apologize for how this has blown up. We've been under a lot of stress, and certain situations have been mishandled.

No, we've not been brought out, nor are we 'running out of cash,' or 'about to crash.' We've simply been busy building out systems to automate our workload and planning further infrastructure upgrades.

IThinkUFailed said: I thought CloudShards sounded like a decent provider. Clearly I was mistaken. Sorry OP that this happened to you.

Please get in touch, perhaps we can change that perception. :)

Thanked by 1Lee

Wintereise said: After bending over backwards for you as much as we did, this is a low blow, Corey. That's all I'll say on the matter.

You can't just throw the stone and get away, friend

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

netomx said: You can't just throw the stone and get away, friend

I'm not even with QF anymore and I would agree with what @Wintereise said. I'm not even sure why we kept Corey for so long. I thought he should have been booted long before he left.

• @netomx said:
    friend

• netomx said: You can't just throw the stone and get away, friend

I'm not sure what you're referring to, care to elaborate?

just spit it out! It's Drama Friday!

@wych , no, you're not my friend :P

• @netomx said:
    wych , no, you're not my friend :P

:(

Thanked by 1netomx

Wintereise said: I'm not sure what you're referring to, care to elaborate?

Indeed. Saying that he is a bad person, and then saying: that's all what I'm going to say

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2015

@AlexBarakov said:
    I wonder how come you're having issues with all providers you've been with, lol.

We're not. We've never had an issue with corexchange/zayo.

Wintereise said: After bending over backwards for you as much as we did, this is a low blow, Corey. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Saying I had some issues was a low blow? Jeez....
    Funny thing is the final straw was when you guys had no stock for months on end and I couldn't spend anymore money with you. You knew I needed a server but didn't order any for whatever reason.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@Corey, I am ordering servers from them constantly, never had issue to be honest. Uptime is great, network is great, booth Harry and Paul are great guys. Alexander is really helpfull every time we have abuse ticket.

I cannot say about others but our clients can confirm. 0 downtime on abusive cores for more than 2 years.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2015

drserver said: @Corey, I am ordering servers from them constantly, never had issue to be honest. Uptime is great, network is great, booth Harry and Paul are great guys. Alexander is really helpfull every time we have abuse ticket.

I cannot say about others but our clients can confirm. 0 downtime on abusive cores for more than 2 years.

Nice - I was ordering the e3's with 4 disks and 32gb ram in their NY location. I'm sure you guys were spending a lot more money than me too.

(Just checked my old post about cloudshards and drserver was there. Apparently his deployment is in Dallas, TX)

edited February 2015

@Corey said: (Just checked my old post about cloudshards and drserver was there. Apparently his deployment is in Dallas, TX)

Yes, it was Dallas. Not e3 we operate there older hardware. What i was trying to say is that we never had any problems. Quality of service is great.

Never tired their NY location. We had node with them via CC in Buffalo.

• drserver said: Corey said: (Just checked my old post about cloudshards and drserver was there. Apparently his deployment is in Dallas, TX)

Yes, it was Dallas. Not e3 we operate there older hardware. What i was trying to say is that we never had any problems. Quality of service is great.

Never tired their NY location. We had node with them via CC in Buffalo.

Yea that's it. Buffalo NY. I see you purchase older hardware.. .maybe that's the difference. You've never had slow ticket response times there?

Corey said: You've never had slow ticket response times there?

I don't know last time when i did ticket there. Mostly they write to us because of network
    abuse. Mostly @AlexBarakov .

We had problem in Buffalo, almost catastrophic, however i would not address that problem to CloudShards. More info: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/30591/drserver-net-byteshack-buffalo-downtime

Anyway i don't wish to be policeman here, i am just sharing our experience. Nothing really more to say here.