Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

drServer.net - ByteShack Buffalo downtime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

drServer.net - ByteShack Buffalo downtime

drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Dear Respectable Clients,
It is our deepest apologies to inform you that byteshack1 in Bufflo, NY has suffered downtime. The cause of this downtime is directly related to failure of the raid card. We are still waiting 12 hours for provider to replace the raid card. At this time we do not have an ETA on when the node will be back online. Replacement VPS can be provisioned Immediately in Dallas, Tx. If you have any questions please contact support.

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited July 2014

Excellent to see that you're doing emergency replacement VPS for any clients on the nodes that are down now. +1 to you.

Thanked by 2drserver netomx
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@drserver said:
    Dear Respectable Clients,
    It is our deepest apologies to inform you that byteshack1 in Bufflo, NY has suffered downtime. The cause of this downtime is directly related to failure of the raid card. We are still waiting 12 hours for provider to replace the raid card. At this time we do not have an ETA on when the node will be back online. Replacement VPS can be provisioned Immediately in Dallas, Tx. If you have any questions please contact support.

Which provider mate? !2 hours for hardware replacement / remote hands?

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

AlexanderM said: Which provider mate? !2 hours for hardware replacement / remote hands?

I will keep that info.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

drserver said: I will keep that info.

ColoCrossing by any chance?

• RazzaRazza Member

on Byteshack website
    Buffalo - NY - USA:
    Datacenter: ColoCrossing - BUF 1

• Haha damn, a day after I ordered a baby xen in NY!

Might as well grab one in TX too (was going to eventually).

Thanked by 1drserver
  • GuanYuGuanYu Member

Oh, boy I hate those attention seeking spamy hosts... Use your fucking client database and contact affected clients directly!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Hey. Somebody may not receive the email. What 's wrong with them posting here? After all, you can pass a thread.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • GuanYuGuanYu Member

Because there's several hundred readers who don't give a shit about every random host downtime. I bet this spammer lost interest about his other advertisement thread today as soon as he noticed that they sunk it.

edited July 2014

GuanYu said: Oh, boy I hate those attention seeking spamy hosts... Use your fucking client database and contact affected clients directly!

It is posted in providers section, in the right place where this should be announced. I am sorry if this upsetting you...

• I don't see what's spammy about it, I honestly didn't even know mine was down (didn't add it to uptime robot yet).

Thanked by 2drserver netomx
  • wojonswojons Member

@GuanYu said:
    Because there's several hundred readers who don't give a shit about every random host downtime. I bet this spammer lost interest about his other advertisement thread today as soon as he noticed that they sunk it.

i dont know how notifying on a public forum that you have down time is considered advertising on top of that if the host gets a significant amount of there customer base from that fourm.

edited July 2014

Issue is now resolved. Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: Provider informed us that problems was related to overheating. Services will be restored soon.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netherlands got a lucky win

@drserver @GuanYu

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited July 2014

@drserver said:
    It is posted in providers section, in the right place where this should be announced. I am sorry if this upsetting you...

I don't think this is being used as a way to draw more attention, so I don't see a problem with you posting this here.

People usually run to forums before checking their e-mail when something is wrong anyway.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Since when did we bash the transparency from providers to a public forum? @Drserver is transparent enough both with his clients and the readers/potential clients and this is something that I wish from the majority of providers do.

@GuanYu Take your fucking attitude and GTFO of here, if you don't like postings.

Hi guys !

Please do backups ASAP, Node is up but we don't know how much it will hold on till raid card melt down again !

now BACKUP - BACKUP - BACKUP