Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Chinese 2 year SSL certificate: DV KuaiSSL by WoSign.com - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Chinese 2 year SSL certificate: DV KuaiSSL by WoSign.com

1234568»

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

simonindia said: But

simonindia said: that's what i'm trying to say

I still have no idea what's your point entirely. It was 1 domain 1 year, now 5 domain 2 years. Simple enough, no?

• Well refugee_guy discovered changes to 5 since 11 dec, rm_ just discovered that 1 to 5 recently.

Simple enough, im happy for both of you (lets encrypt and wosign) ;p

• This month I received certificates for a domain for 3 years with no extra charge, even though the description on the page says 2 years for free certs. Just mentioning it if it makes any difference for people.

Thanked by 1kingpin
  • rokok said: Well refugee_guy discovered changes to 5 since 11 dec, rm_ just discovered that 1 to 5 recently.

Simple enough, im happy for both of you (lets encrypt and wosign) ;p

Let's encrypt said 3 months is the best period for SSL, but their main website is using 3 years SSL, that's weird :3

• @souen said:
    This month I received certificates for a domain for 3 years with no extra charge, even though the description on the page says 2 years for free certs. Just mentioning it if it makes any difference for people.

Can confirm this.

Have just obtained and installed mine. Expires in 3 years. Been fiddling around configuring nginx, getting A on ssllabs.com so far.

• Has anyone tried the free certificate authority that was started by EFF? A lot of big names are on the sponsors list.

https://letsencrypt.org/

• @uhu said:
    Has anyone tried the free certificate authority that was started by EFF? A lot of big names are on the sponsors list.

https://letsencrypt.org/

Geez. We've a thread about it already. Like stop hijacking topics...

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @rm_ said:
    I still have no idea what's your point entirely. It was 1 domain 1 year, now 5 domain 2 years. Simple enough, no?

yeah that's the same thing my point is if some one want to get a 6 domains in a cert they have pay 1.99 year for that domain but the cert will be signed by WoSign Class 1 DV Server CA G2 instead of WoSign CA Free SSL Certificate G2

• Can these be wildcard or do I need to enter in each subdomain?

• @jeromeza said:
    Can these be wildcard or do I need to enter in each subdomain?

Wildcard is not supported for free WoSign certificates. They support SAN though. So you have to put every domain into the form.

Thanked by 1jeromeza
  • @Hidden_Refuge said:
    Wildcard is not supported for free WoSign certificates. They support SAN though. So you have to put every domain into the form.

Cool so its a case of:

mydomain.com
    mail.mydomain.com
    etc

• @jeromeza said:

Yep. That's how it goes.

• @jeromeza said:

Or, you could even specify different domains in the Subject Alternative Name field. For example.

example.com
    foo.example.com
    example.net

is ok.

https://www.digicert.com/subject-alternative-name.htm

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited December 2015

WoSign seems to be no longer automated. It told me a staff will approve my certificate in max 30 minutes. Ended up getting it hours later. To be exact just round 4 AM in the morning while I ordered it yesterday before 11 PM.

• This probably is the case, because I submitted my CSR last Sunday and got the notification only next morning.

• tommytommy Member

3 years free SSL back :)

choose 3 years, no need to pay anything.

• @tommy said:

I was able to get it even last month. It is for maximum of 3 domains.

Thanked by 1tommy
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2016

tommy said: 3 years free SSL back :)

It's that way since December 2015, just scroll up this thread.

TheKiller said: It is for maximum of 3 domains.

Nah, 4. Just clicked around in their form, it's free up to either of:

• 5 domains 2 years
    • 4 domains 3 years

In addition to these it's free to add the "www." version of the first domain listed.

Thanked by 2tommy TheKiller
  • gianggiang Veteran
    edited April 2016

@tommy said:

choose 3 years, no need to pay anything.

Wait? Did they ever stop offer free 3 years SSL?

Thanked by 1tommy
  • tommytommy Member

ops, I must missed that
    thanks all