Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any VPS provider that allows heavy proccessing task?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any VPS provider that allows heavy proccessing task?

I need to test a scientific program which requires CPU and Memory all the time. But I have heard that providers suspend VPSs that use CPU heavily. So any provider that allows me to run my application for a month?

Thanked by 1Laffin

Comments

• Vultr

• abusivecores.com

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

+1 for @DrServer , or get a dedi...

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Love the username!

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • I'll look into DrServer and Vultr. Any suggestion for dedi with high Disk capacity and atleast 4GB Ram around 30 USD

• bf1bf1 Member

digitalocean, if it's indeed a scientific program, if the scientific program is mining a cryptocoin then no, they won't allow it.

• @debianLover - Delimiters Dual X5150 bundle may work. Its a Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk - $20/month paid quarterly or $30/month paid monthly - www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=X515016500

• The program is related to bioinformatic and genetic algorithms.
    @MarkTurner your suggestion is interesting. Thanks

• There is also an i3 offer in my sig, but given that the passmark for Dual X5150 is 3495 and i3-4130 is 4801 then depending on how your application runs it may prefer 4 slower cores (X5150) over 2 faster ones (i3-4130)

• The application utilizes all Available CPUs so i think four CPUs are better than two in my case. Do you have any benchmark and test ip as well please?

• I meant cores (not cpu)

• So how much CPU power do you need and for how long? Amazon compute instances could be an option, billed per hour.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@debianLover said:
    I'll look into DrServer and Vultr. Any suggestion for dedi with high Disk capacity and atleast 4GB Ram around 30 USD

Intrested in Atom C2750 4GB RAM 250GB SATA 2TB @ 100mbit with 1 IPv4 for 35$ ?

• I need a lot of cpu power but given the cost i am limited to my budget. But the instance should be online 24/7 for a month or two.

• @BharatB thans for the suggestion but Atom wont be any good for this project

@debianLover said:
    BharatB thans for the suggestion but Atom wont be any good for this project

8 cores @ 2.4ghz doesn't serve your project then what will ?

• @debianLover said:
    I need a lot of cpu power but given the cost i am limited to my budget. But the instance should be online 24/7 for a month or two.

How much cpu power? would a E5 vps with 6000+ benchmark suffice?

• E5 is fine but i need at least 4GB memory (its even better to have 8GB memory).

@debianLover said:
    E5 is fine but i need at least 4GB memory (its even better to have 8GB memory).

E5 is on a 2.00 ghz v1. getting dedicated cores is not possible.

• BoltVM allows 1.0, tragicservers allows 0.7 . Or just get a kimsufi.

• I was thinking about kimsufi but it is very hard to get one since its not avalable plus the setup fee is alot providing that i just need it for a month.

• +1 for DigitalOcean

• Or dedify.com -> Capped (xenserver) and dedicated cpu/ram resources which can be used 24/7.

• @BharatB is this a kvm or dedi?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited January 2015

@debianLover said:
    E5 is fine but i need at least 4GB memory (its even better to have 8GB memory).

If you want we can custom quote, even up to 8GB RAM but storage need to be limited if you want a good rate. Just email or submit a ticket at the site, thank you.

• How much do you quote for 8GB Ram and 250GB

• Just email or submit a ticket at the site, thank you.

• Lets come at this another way - whats your budget?

• 30 USD