Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NameSilo - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NameSilo

13»

Comments

• none other than cost. stay with namecheap if you like it.

Nihim said: would there be any reason to switch from namecheap to namesilo as far privacy and "stuff"?

• @Nihim said:
    would there be any reason to switch from namecheap to namesilo as far privacy and "stuff"?

Try this https://www.domcomp.com/

courtesy of ryan in LES forum

• @vpslegend said:
    I have been registering domains for well over a decade now with GoDaddy, eNOM, Namecheap(an eNom reseller) & a few others but NameSilo not only has cheap prices but also knowledgeable support that is actually willing to help with free private WHOIS for life & free DNSSEC as well. Domain Defender feature is also very helpful in increasing security & preventing your domains from getting stolen. Their domain management interface is very friendly & easy to use even for newbies. I would recommend NameSilo to anyone not looking for cheap but a good registrar also.

NameCheap's LiveChat got my DNSSEC up in like 5 minutes :o

• Still no .co.uk domain >:(

• @simonindia said:

Thanks but I already got my domains @ namecheap. That's why I asked if there was any point moving them to a better registar.

Renewing price wise for well known registars only internet.bs is better according to the site linked (for .eu).

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2015

Each registrar has good and bad points.

More recent ones like internetbs and namesilo have more friendly APIs and perhaps learnt from the earlier incarnations.

Some are generally better on price (WildWestDomains aka GoDaddy)

Pretty much all of them do what they're supposed to do, so for simple domain registration I'd recommend purely on price and ease of use. If you want things like domain redirection or email forwarding, some charge more than others or don't offer it at all.

Domainbox isn't mentioned often but is pretty good.

Thanked by 1Nihim
  • Hi all, isn't namesilo cheaper than namecheap? Namecheap offers free privacy only for 1year and renews at $10.69, while namesilo => free privacy + $8.99 per yr. Maybe there's a trick for namecheap that I didnt know?

• Depends. Like many registrars there's a discount structure. For a .com, I can register on namecheap for $5.88 on the 1st year, $1.00 for privacy.

Namesilo also have discounts when buying in bulk or if you have a lot of domains.

• People nicely picked up a necroed thread it seems.

rokok Member
    April 15 FlagThanks

.wtf ($23.99)

mark7 Member
    November 18 FlagThanks

yes on NameSilo, cheap and good
    GM2015
    GM2015 Member
    November 18 edited November 18 Flag

Thank you. Are you by any chance from vpb.com?

mark7 said: yes on NameSilo, cheap and good

• @Abdussamad said:
    I don't like the namesilo control panel. There is too much going on there.

I'm glad I'm not the only one frustrated by NameSilo's control panel. The least they could do is sort the Account Option links alphabetically. As is, there's just a mishmash of 20 unrelated links.

• namesilo is nice,transfers in and out is quick. no hassle. stay away from 1&1 they make you wait a long time to transfer out

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Namecheap still lists all my domains that I moved from them and sends renew emails for them as well.

Stupid new interface they have.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi marian
  • Namesilo is bad, their support is unskilled, their workers are mostly from India.

• @donglong said:
    Namesilo is bad, their support is unskilled, their workers are mostly from India.

I don't see any problem with support from india. Care to elaborate?

• NameSilo is my new favorite, followed by NameCheap. Both have been great for my needs!

• NameSilo is good, but Name.com is very good, interface and prices are pretty good. Free whois privacy with coupon code PrivacyPlease.

• TheKiller said: NameSilo is good, but Name.com is very good, interface and prices are pretty good. Free whois privacy with coupon code PrivacyPlease.

Is that free whois privacy for life like Namesilo though?

• @sin said:

Looks like it's only first year like Namecheap

Thanked by 1sin
  • @mikeyur said:
    Looks like it's only first year like Namecheap

No, You can use this promo code to renew whois privacy. I tried and it worked. That code is around for years. See the attached image.

@sin said:

Yes.