Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NameSilo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NameSilo

Comments

• shafireshafire Member
    edited April 2015

Can someone please provide me screenshots of the DNSSEC, Locking and Glue Records options?

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Nothing can beat http://resell.biz/ up. If you have More than 5-10 Domains, you must give Resell.Biz a Try ! :D

Wait, you can use resell.biz even if your not a reseller?

• sumosumo Member

What are the prices for resell.biz, they're not listed that I can see

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@StartledPhoenix said:
    Wait, you can use resell.biz even if your not a reseller?

You can manage your own Domain with them. They won't check whether you're using it for Resellers or Not, nothing is mandatory there.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@sumo said:
    What are the prices for resell.biz, they're not listed that I can see

They had their prices listed earlier, Now I can't find them. You may chat with them via Live Chat, they remain online most of the time or Shoot an Email. In short, .com is $8.61

• @shafire said:
    Can someone please provide me screenshots of the DNSSEC, Locking and Glue Records options?

Nobody can help me here out?

• sumosumo Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    They had their prices listed earlier, Now I can't find them. You may chat with them via Live Chat, they remain online most of the time or Shoot an Email. In short, .com is $8.61

Thanks for the update

• n0myn0my Member

If only namesilo did .co.uk domains.

• namesilo is good for big portfolio domain holders.

their panel is very simple & easy to use. their support is very quick & accurate..

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

A lot of people, including myself, moved from internet.bs to namesilo after internetbs was sold to an american company. Namesilo has a simple panel, easy to use and they process things fast.

• Agreed, been using them for some of my secondary domains since NameCheap (my primary register) can be costly once you add a few optional features, plus their .com's are more expensive than NameSilo to begin with.

• my reason for sticking with namesilo is definitly not the panel, its the very helpful live chat support and free private whois, i have confidence in their company.

• @Mark_R said:
    my reason for sticking with namesilo is definitly not the panel, its the very helpful live chat support and free private whois, i have confidence in their company.

Agreed, there are many that maybe cheaper (including those reseller plans), but having a peace mind that your domain names not going anywhere is important for me. Plus those free private whois, just a real icing on top of the cake. I can deal with the panel since my DNS is somewhere else. They do have mass update though, so that makes it easy to change information/dns servers.

• shafireshafire Member
    edited April 2015

@vfuse said:
    A lot of people, including myself, moved from internet.bs to namesilo after internetbs was sold to an american company. Namesilo has a simple panel, easy to use and they process things fast.

Are you sure?
    The new owner of internet.bs has its headquarter in UK.
    Namesilo is an American company.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@shafire said:
    Namesilo is an American company.

Oh yeah you're right :) Still used to be better when they were located in the Bahamas.

• I want to register a .net domain. Is there any coupon or deals with namesilo going on now? Thanks

• @TheZealous said:
    I want to register a .net domain. Is there any coupon or deals with namesilo going on now? Thanks

use newreg for $1 discount

• @robohost said:
    use newreg for $1 discount

I passed that already :(. Thanks though

• I've used practically every registrar out there and have hundreds of domains, a brief list of who I've used/tried:

Dyn
    GoDaddy
    Namecheap
    Namesilo
    Dotster
    Fabulous
    Enom
    Dynadot
    Internet.bs
    Directi/Resellerclub
    Badger
    Easydns
    EuroDNS
    Name.com
    NameBright
    Pairnic
    Domainmonster
    etc.

I'll tell you my favorite and the one I use right now is www.uniregistry.com which is owned by Frank Schilling a well known domainer. Free whois, Free DNS, Two-Factor Auth, etc. have made it an awesome registrar along with great support.

• uniregistry's .blackfriday --I didn't knew there will be many people who would buy these.

UI-wise, I favor Directi's logicboxes myself compared to GD, NC, NS, 1&1 (these ones I use).

• I can happily recommend NameSilo too. Just my 2cents. However, I slightly disagree that their interface is good. It looks a bit like it's from the 90s but it does get the job done.

I've had good customer service support thus far.

• HorusHorus Member

namesilo is the best next one namecheap

• I've been using namesilo for about a year now. Highly recommend them. :)

• I just received email confirmation that NameSilo just added 150 new tlds. Full list here: https://www.namesilo.com/domain_results.php?all_tlds=1

• rokokrokok Member

.wtf ($23.99)

• yes on NameSilo, cheap and good

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

Thank you. Are you by any chance from vpb.com?

mark7 said: yes on NameSilo, cheap and good

• Nope

• There's big things in store for Uniregistry - within the next few months they will be integrating their DomainNameSales platform which includes Escrow to facilitate transactions.

The interface is gorgeous too. You can also add domains from all your registrars and track all of them there to see DNS / expiry.

Namesilo has replaced for Internet.bs as a low price /privacy included registrar. Default whois privacy will send all email to trash unless you change a setting in your namesilo account, an important consideration if you have domains that get offers.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • would there be any reason to switch from namecheap to namesilo as far privacy and "stuff"?