Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Up2VPS vs ChicagoVPS vs eNetSouth, which one is good? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Up2VPS vs ChicagoVPS vs eNetSouth, which one is good?

2»

Comments

• Francisco said: I think the OP would be fine with a 512MB + shared SQL to offload whatever database needs he has. Offloading SQL would save him 200 - 300MB of RAM depending on how big his DB's are. At only $1/m there's really no reason not to use the service.

How does offloading SQL work? $1/m for one table/database/user or what? Like if you host multiple sites under a single plan, do you need to put all tables in a single database under a single username?

• tuxtux Member

biplab said: Xen - InceptionHosting/LoveVPS/Up2vps/KiloServe

QualityServers.co.uk is also good.

• danielfeng said: How does offloading SQL work? $1/m for one table/database/user or what? Like if you host multiple sites under a single plan, do you need to put all tables in a single database under a single username?

Pretty sure the general rule is don't be a pig, but you get a cPanel account and create as many databases as you need.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

danielfeng said: How does offloading SQL work? $1/m for one table/database/user or what? Like if you host multiple sites under a single plan, do you need to put all tables in a single database under a single username?

You get the ability to create an unmetered amount of databases/users/tables within your space limit (currently 10GB for SQL users).

Pretty damn good deal I've always felt :)

Francisco

• thanks for the great idea..its even safe with remote sql db but will sites wont become slow?

• Francisco said: You get the ability to create an unmetered amount of databases/users/tables within your space limit (currently 10GB for SQL users).

Pretty damn good deal I've always felt :)

Sounds great. :)

rishav_jalan said: thanks for the great idea..its even safe with remote sql db but will sites wont become slow?

We've never had complaints and we've had some very large sites on there. We had one site on there that had 2000 users at peak on their vbulletin w/ VBSEO. They were pushing 400 - 500 queries per second to the SQL with minimal issue.

Remember, the SQL is on the same network as the VPS servers so you're talking about a 0.1ms latency. :)

Francisco

• thats great..

• Francisco said: We've never had complaints and we've had some very large sites on there. We had one site on there that had 2000 users at peak on their vbulletin w/ VBSEO. They were pushing 400 - 500 queries per second to the SQL with minimal issue.

Remember, the SQL is on the same network as the VPS servers so you're talking about a 0.1ms latency. :)

Francisco

Another question, how about backup? If I'd like to set up another slave for replication or load balancing, is it possible?

danielfeng said: Another question, how about backup? If I'd like to set up another slave for replication or load balancing, is it possible?

backup of what? the SQL? You'd have to manage your own mirror/pull of it. We're still finalizing our nightly backups of the SQL server. The big issue is making sure we find a solution that does a good job w/o stressing out the equipment more than we need to.

Thanks!

Francisco

• Francisco said: backup of what? the SQL? You'd have to manage your own mirror/pull of it. We're still finalizing our nightly backups of the SQL server. The big issue is making sure we find a solution that does a good job w/o stressing out the equipment more than we need to.

Thanks!

Francisco

I'd like to try that in the future. Currently I have multiple VMs from multiple providers in different locations and have some of them as backup slaves. That way I'll be in good shape even if one of them get nuked, or suddenly disappear. :) I got a 128MB KVM toy from you and am playing with it (BTW I submitted a ticket requesting for the latest Arch image released in Aug this year). I will purchase a real KVM plan for my new site, as long as you have stock by then. The MySQL plan is awesome.

• Xen HVM - ThrustVPS

They started spamming me. No response on my complaint but they stopped it.

• thanks friends for giving your time for my query..
    i am hopefully going with bhost...
    and i had some doubts..
    which is better kloxo or iscpconfig
    is the a auto install script with all the best stuff and optimizatikn for fresh os?

• Regarding the OP, avoid UP2VPS at all costs. Their system is very unstable, and they don't provide any kind of service guarantee (despite the false claims on their website). I had over 10 hours of downtime in about 2 weeks, and their response was basically "too bad."

See the full story, and my interactions with their customer support, on my blog:

http://datheist.blogspot.com/2011/10/up2vps.html

• So, none of these offers is good =)

Go elsewhere