Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic, Late Invoice paid, VPS Terminated and no refund - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic, Late Invoice paid, VPS Terminated and no refund

2»

Comments

• techhelper1techhelper1 Member
    edited January 2015

Alright here's what exactly happened since I dealt with the ticket.

Invoice Generated: 11/25/2014 -
    Invoice Due: 12/05/2014 -
    Invoice Paid: 12/14/2014

14-5 = 9 days that it wasn't paid past the due date.

Since the invoice wasn't paid on 12/05/2014, the VPS was suspended automatically. Then our billing system sends out a late notification on the first, second and third days reminding the client to pay the invoice. The client did not pay it during that time, so the billing system terminated the VPS (thus wiping everything out).

Then the ticket was created on 01/04/2015 saying that the service terminated after I explained the situation.

Even though our Terms of Service (https://crissic.net/tos) protects us from giving a refund, the VPS was recreated since the VPS was already paid for this next year.

I'm fine to have this thread be locked if the OP agrees this has been resolved.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

techhelper1 said: Even though our Terms of Service (https://crissic.net/tos) protects us from giving a refund,

I don't see it that way and you did not provide a refund in any case.
    1. The customer paid the late invoice after the service was terminated. Normally, you should have cancelled the invoice at service terminations, but that is another story;
    2. You do not provide a service for the money and imply you do not have to refund either. Now, this looks like a scam, you take the money but without a basis. If you say it is a late fee, fine, claim the late fee, but then either refund the rest or provide the service, if it was not a late fee then you have no legal basis to keep the money, it would be treated as mistaken payment and you have to refund, at most keeping the transaction costs (some 30-35 cents, most of the time). Failure to do so is illegal and you can be prosecuted for that.

• sounds like normal vps billing procedures. just pay your invoice earlier

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited January 2015

Well frankly, a TOS will only "protect", to a certain extent, any entity from civil legislature, not criminal. This is worldwide. Wonder if it's galaxy wide? Anyone that does not agree can check with their legal advisors, but then again, this isn't a legal forum :P

• GooNzzGooNzz Member
    edited January 2015

@techhelper1 said:

Since the invoice wasn't paid on 12/05/2014, the VPS was suspended automatically. Then our billing system sends out a late notification on the first, second and third days reminding the client to pay the invoice. The client did not pay it during that time, so the billing system terminated the VPS (thus wiping everything out).

Then the ticket was created on 01/04/2015 saying that the service terminated after I explained the situation.

Even though our Terms of Service (https://crissic.net/tos) protects us from giving a refund, the VPS was recreated since the VPS was already paid for this next year.

Hello, are you sure that was my invoice ? :O

Invoice Date: 12/17/2014

Due Date: 12/27/2014

Paid PayPal (01/05/2015 19:53)

screenshot? :O
    http://s28.postimg.org/50tesja3h/ssinvoice.png

edited January 2015

GooNzz said: Hello, are you sure that was my invoice ? :O

they DO have quite a no. of clients..... ;)

• More assumptions from a support tech that has no idea what he's doing, he shouldn't of even posted that or anything at all.

• "exactly what happened" /o\

• Atleast you guys get replied. I have been waiting for 48 hours... and still nothing... and its not even the weekend.

• @ATHK said:
    More assumptions from a support tech that has no idea what he's doing, he shouldn't of even posted that or anything at all.

The invoice that he screenshotted is not the one in question. In fact, that's on a completely different account.

I've replied to the client through the billing system so they know the correct invoice number.

edited January 2015

sbmcosg said: Atleast you guys get replied. I have been waiting for 48 hours... and still nothing...

Perhaps you can check with 'em here.

Guess anyone that wants to query should provide account credentials too, discretely of course. :)

• zedzed Member

@techhelper1 said:

Quoted for hilarity.

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited January 2015

@techhelper1 said:
    I've replied to the client through the billing system so they know the correct invoice number.

You would have been better off not posting and letting @SkylarM tank the mistake for you. Now you've just opened a can of worms. The action in question is not about the correct invoice, it's about the fact that you took money that was paid towards a late invoice and prevented the client from either opening a new service or getting a refund. As @Maounique put it, you could have stated it as a late fee (but that would also require an amendment to the ToS) or started a new VPS for the client. However, taking the client's money and not providing them a service or giving them a refund is criminal and can be classified as a scam. Lucky for you, Crissic provides a good service and is a reputable provider.

• techhelper1 said: The invoice that he screenshotted is not the one in question. In fact, that's on a completely different account.

Again.. are you sure ?

"that's on a completely different account"

are you drunk sir? i'm only have 1 billing account at crissic with 2 solus vm account.

screenshot? :O
    http://s11.postimg.org/mgnz8ad8z/ss2crissic.png

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @sbmcosg said:
    Atleast you guys get replied. I have been waiting for 48 hours... and still nothing... and its not even the weekend.

// Update.

Just Received my refund, thanks @SkylarM

Been with them for a year now, no issues in the past. and will continue with them as well.
    Why? Because they provide solid VPS services, ( not counting tickets )

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited January 2015

@sbmcosg said:
    Why? Because they provide solid VPS services, ( not counting tickets )

Working on that :) As mentioned earlier, I was on a trip to the DC metro area to locate a new home, so tickets sort of got thrown at Ryan who hasn't been with Crissic a whole lot of time, so he wasn't sure how to handle some things, and the system is designed for him to be more back-end with me dealing with front end (at least as far as billing and sales goes). We will have better systems in place, and I have returned. Once the move is finalized next week things will be 100% back to normal, and we will be re-evaluating everything including service and support to get improvements rolling.

I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding! I also understand and appreciate everyone's frustration in the matter. I do apologize.

If anyone has any other issues, please feel free to open a ticket or PM me directly.

• @GooNzz I guess the problem is that your images are too small, and their magnifier doesn't work.

Thanked by 1GooNzz
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

Edit3: so I started typing original post before @SkylarM responded second time above, I'll just rewrite it in a manner that makes bit more sense (last time was confusing) although it doesn't really add anything to this thread, sorry.

IMO if a service provider erroneously accepts a payment for an invoice that is displayed as valid at the time of payment on their own billing system, then they must refund the payment or otherwise make up for their mistake. The Federal Trade Commission Act prohibits "unfair or deceptive acts or practices in or affecting commerce", and keeping a payment and not even providing new VM in situation like this certainly qualifies as deception; I believe providing new VM container when customer wants refund would still be deception and therefore illegal, since the invoice indicated that existing service would be continued on the specific timeframe (this is different from host node crash since that is known possibility to customer and not deception on part of service provider).

Terms of service may have provisions that say otherwise, but invoice is the document that is displayed to customer and must be correct if it is being rendered as though it is up to date (which was the case here since it was displayed as pending and unpaid in the billing system). If late fee is to be charged, the invoice must be updated to show that (or obviously marking invoice invalid and offering late fee in ticket is also acceptable).

Edit4: I guess this is mostly in response to the absurd replies suggesting that this was OP's mistake, even though service provider generated a deceiving invoice after VM was terminated; this invoice was rendered on billing system, not mailed or emailed out. Note that @SkylarM indicated he was happy to provide new VM or provide refund depending on what OP wanted.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited January 2015

@perennate said:
    Edit4: I guess this is mostly in response to the absurd replies suggesting that this was OP's mistake, even though service provider generated a deceiving invoice after VM was terminated; this invoice was rendered on billing system, not mailed or emailed out. Note that SkylarM indicated he was happy to provide new VM or provide refund depending on what OP wanted.

Without looking too deep into it, this happens all the time with us. Client doesn't pay invoice for whatever reason, it gets suspended, and then terminated a week or so overdue. The invoice typically sits as unpaid for up to a month until we go in and clear out old invoices, at which time a customer pays the invoice and assumes we may still have the data (or that the VPS is simply suspended and not terminated). At that point all we can offer is a refund of the invoice paid late, or create a new VPS.

Happens quite frequently, it's just typically me handling billing and not Ryan :)

In this case, the only wrongdoing by the OP was paying the invoice late. Everything else was on our end for the lack of communication. The offer to refund or re-create should have been made up front to the customer.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

SkylarM said: Happens quite frequently

You need to cancel the invoice too when terminating. It works for us.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • GooNzzGooNzz Member
    edited January 2015

Hello @SkylarM already sent you PM since 9 january, please check

• Update, SkylarM already reactivated my vps,
    thank you for all your help here..
    ;)