Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic, Late Invoice paid, VPS Terminated and no refund
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic, Late Invoice paid, VPS Terminated and no refund

First, sorry for my bad english.

I've been using crissic for a year without any problems , vps is pretty good, my last vps uptime is 213 days. Unfortunately the support is very disappointing this time.

i missed one invoice because on vacation (27 december) and not get access to any computer. at 1 january i paid the invoice Including late fees, but my vps not activated, the status is "terminated"

I opened a ticket and get a response like this:
1/6/2015 21:00
Because you paid the invoice 9 days when it was past due.
-Ryan

then i asked for a refund:

1/7/2015 21:58
I can not activate it since it was terminated.
Due to our Terms of Service (hxxps://crissic.net/tos), a refund will not be issued.
-Ryan

I was not a problem if it is activated with fresh vps, but they wont, and just took my $18 Because I paid the invoice when it was past due. funny -.-

thanks for that, it's time to cancel the other vps and moving to vultr or DO.

• i already have 2 urpad, 2 iniz, 1 do, 1 vultr, 1 bluevm and never have any serious problems like this.
Thanked by 2BlueVM NanoG6

Comments

• I don't agree with Crissic this case, but unfortunately they have the right to do it. Just ignore them and move on.

• wychwych Member
    edited January 2015

Strange, I can understand the old VM not being available if it had already been deleted but they should still provide a new VM for the same specification if the invoice has been cleared.

After an invoice becomes 3 days past due, all services affiliated with the invoice are subject to immediate suspension.

So they say when it will be terminated but no insight into why a new VM wouldn't be provided.

@SkylarM may be able to give an insight.

• Yeah, ask them for a new one!

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited January 2015

crissic is more active in WHT, perhaps you should open a thread there too.

I do agree, at least provide another service, since refund is not possible, invoice being paid and all. However, shouldn't an invoice be voided when the service has been terminated?

automated via WHMCS?

Thanked by 1GooNzz
  • If the service was terminated, they should not have accepted a payment for renewal of it.

• edited January 2015

This happened to me at Crissic I used $4 VPS and they create new VPS for me.

All you do is open ticket says.

Hello.

I have payed for my VPS but it got terminated.
    can you please active it.

Thanks.

and this is my old ticket

Donald L. || Staff 11/02/2014 10:59
    Hello,

Your VPS has been recreated, the welcome email has been sent.

Regards,
    Donald L.

>

Janusz C || Client 11/02/2014 07:57

>

Hello.

I haved payed for the VPS just my email was broken and never notice the payment can you recreate the vps thanks..

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@century1stop said:
    However, shouldn't an invoice be voided when the service has been terminated?

Ask BuyVM what they do with invoices that aren't paid for when you fail to cancel a service and the service gets terminated for non-payment. :)

This could be considered a similar scenario since OP failed to either send a cancellation request or pay the invoice.

• MikHo said: Ask BuyVM what they do with invoices that aren't paid for when you fail to cancel a service and the service gets terminated for non-payment. :)

What happens??

• MikHo said: This could be considered a similar scenario since OP failed to either send a cancellation request or pay the invoice.

ah, paying the penalty then.....

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

MikHo said: Ask BuyVM what they do with invoices that aren't paid for when you fail to cancel a service and the service gets terminated for non-payment. :)

This could be considered a similar scenario since OP failed to either send a cancellation request or pay the invoice.

Fairly sure Aldryic doesn't have it set to suspend an account anymore. With the newer versions of WHMCS he's had access to a lot more hook points so he has been able to automate a lot of it.

I think the only thing left on his improvement list, short of us writing our own billing system, is to allow auto unsuspend.

Francisco

• dnomdnom Member
    edited January 2015

linuxthefish said: Ask BuyVM what they do with invoices that aren't paid

I had to pay the penalty once. It was a bit annoying but I know it's still my fault. I failed to read the invoice emails because I signed up with a different email to what I use on other hosts for they required the WHMCS email to match the paypal email(that or it was a criteria for faster activation of accounts, back then stock would last only a few hours so I wanted to grab one ASAP).

I still think that is way better than taking the payment and not re-activating(even a fresh VM) the service though. I've nothing but pleasant experience with my tickets to crissic so this is a bit strange.

• Yeahh,,just explained that too Skylar or Donald, problem will be solved then..

• Most of the provider give 1-2 two month period. They just suspended the account. I guess should have given some time to you by suspending the account. OR IF that is their policy then you should have been more responsible to pay the invoice on time. You should read the policy and do a proper management of your all transactions.

• linuxthefish said: Yeah, ask them for a new one!

it can't because already terminated -.- i already asked for re activated the services.

Monsta_AU said: If the service was terminated, they should not have accepted a payment for renewal of it.

my mistake is i didn't see first if the service was terminated before i paid the invoice .-.

for all, thanks for the comment here ;)
    i already cancel my other vps but not yet responded,
    maybe tomorrow, maybe at the end of billing period..

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

If you pay for an invoice that is canceled the payment should appear in your account as a credit. Use that credit to order new VPS and learn from your mistakes.

Thanked by 4jar mikho netomx alexvolk
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

There was a time when people who failed to cancel their vps never could order another vps without paying that first overdue invoice. Has that changed now?

Thats what I was thinking of.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Here the invoice is auto-cancelled at termination, it is no longer possible to pay it.
    Other than suspension and termination, we do not have any other penalty for non-payment, we do not ask for late fees, do not forbid the customer from buying others, do not cancel other services, etc.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @GooNzz said:
    i missed one invoice because on vacation (27 december) and not get access to any computer. at 1 january i paid the invoice Including late fees, but my vps not activated, the status is "terminated"

Plan ahead of time, pay your bills in advanced, add credit etc.

The rule in life; pay your bills on-time or get penalized (service cut, report to credit score)

When I travel and I know that I won't be back for awhile, I pay all bills, invoices ahead of time so when it comes to the point when it's due it's no biggie.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@SkylarM

I hope there is more to this story, it cant be that an invoice has been paid for a new service and then the service is not rendered or refunded...

• I'm pretty sure this will be solved soon, Crissic is one of the better companys out there.

• @nexmark said:
    When I travel and I know that I won't be back for awhile, I pay all bills, invoices ahead of time so when it comes to the point when it's due it's no biggie.

If it wasn't for Direct Debit I would have a terrible credit rating. I would forget to pay my bills every month for sure.

MikHo said: There was a time when people who failed to cancel their vps never could order another vps without paying that first overdue invoice. Has that changed now?

Thats what I was thinking of.

Correct, that was during the times when any spare inventory we had would be sold within 48 hours. A user not cancelling their service and it holding up spots on our nodes for 2 weeks was costing us sales so we made people pay for the time they used up space.

Since then we've worked to keep enough space spare for it to not be an issue. Aldryic removed all forms of late fees as of a couple months ago and he's made it automatically clear out invoices and services. There's a mass cleanout of collections invoices, etc, due as well but he's finalizing things before he puts WHMCS through that hell.

There was some other big changes we made to how orders are processed, but most people won't experience them.

We spent most of last year making improvements to our offerings - new features, upgraded equipment, network/routing improvements, etc. This year we're spending a lot of our time doing marketing ;) More features on the way, but like Anycast, it'll be a niche feature.

Francisco

Thanked by 1mikho
  • The moral to the story is pay your invoice on time... Simple as that.

• Francisco said: so we made people pay for the time they used up space.

Since then we've worked to keep enough space spare for it to not be an issue. Aldryic removed all forms of late fees as of a couple months ago and he's made it automatically clear out invoices and services.

paying for the time used is fine, but you want to charge 50% of pending invoice + cost for 1 week until suspension + late fee and you still terminate the vps after use pays the modified invoice.

I had a situation where i was late by 1 week, because i was traveling overseas and i had a $50 invoice pending for 2 weeks. I created a ticket the moment i noticed that.. and still my services was terminated and was asked to pay something around $25+$1.25+$3.75 = ~$30 just to forget that invoice ( and i get nothing for that $30). All this after i was a paying customer with few active services for atleast 1.5 years.. I refused to pay and i moved away from BuyVM services totally..

edited January 2015

upfreak said: I had a situation where i was late by 1 week, because i was traveling overseas and i had a $50 invoice pending for 2 weeks.

That's why we've been doing the overhauls on policies. For smaller invoices it wasn't a big deal, but I guess on bigger ones it got silly. The late fees should never have been anything crazy though, since it was a % I think.

Either way, I apologize if you had a frustrating time with that :(

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

No worries. I did approach Aldyric a few times to mend this, but he was sticking to the policy in hand.. Pl let me know when you have your new policies on this, to be able to put that ghost invoice from 2012 to rest..

Send me your email and I'll get you cleared up :)

I think Aldryic's planning a mass cleanup for later this month.

Francisco

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • I do apologize for the confusion on Ryan's part. As the vps was overdue we do not have data but we can issue a new vps or issue a refund. Please PM me with a ticket ID so I can handle it.

I do apologize for the issue and delay in response. I am currently in DC searching for a place to relocate to so haven't been able to assist in tickets. I typically handle all billing related issues.

• @Francisco said:
    Send me your email and I'll get you cleared up :)

I think Aldryic's planning a mass cleanup for later this month.

Francisco

Thanks. I have Pm'd u my email

• @francisco has put that pending invoice to rest.. actually i was more than willing to pay the fee from billing date to suspension part etc, except for that 50% chunk. Since the invoice has been deleted, i shall order some services with buyvm again for his kind gesture. ;)