Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Beta Testers for Free of Charge VPS (Ukraine Hosting) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Beta Testers for Free of Charge VPS (Ukraine Hosting)

2»

Comments

• The experience, I made with this VPS, is pretty good.
    Network was stable (99,92% Uptime) and the download speed was also quite ok. I hope to see this offer soon, so I can add another box to my collection.

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.1.2 Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 3392.292 MHz Total amount of ram : 1002 MB Total amount of swap : 2044 MB System uptime : 2:12, Download speed from CacheFly: 11.4MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 616KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.82MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.21MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 8.04MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 7.77MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.28MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 2.06MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 2.11MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.90MB/s I/O speed : 61.2 MB/s

And here's the network uptime:

• So the test is over, it's pretty good. Is it DMCA free?

• UrDNUrDN Member
    edited February 2015

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    So the test is over, it's pretty good. Is it DMCA free?

Of course, Ukraine is not a state of the United States of America, yet.

Thanks for your feedbacks. The Beta test is ending. Pricing has been adjusted, if I am correct there's one low price offer that matches the requirements of this site.

I can already announce another beta testing period that will occur in a few weeks.

• After about 30 days of testing the VPS, there is no downtime at all, the VPS is still running very smooth and fast.

IO and download speed are acceptable, here is recent simple test by FreeVPS test script.

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.1.2 Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 3392.292 MHz Total amount of ram : 994 MB Total amount of swap : 1019 MB System uptime : 29 days, 22:43, Download speed from CacheFly: 11.3MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 2.71MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 3.76MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.38MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 8.87MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 9.05MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.61MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 3.13MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 3.11MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 4.49MB/s I/O speed : 55.7 MB/s

• NeoGenNeoGen Member
    edited February 2015

First of all, thanks for opportunity to test and review your server. Following may throw some light on their services:

Overall:

Average load:

Latency:

Network usage:

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync

25.0635 s, 42.8 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

22.8936 s, 46.9 MB/s

Thanked by 1scy
  • @UrDN said:
    No, different network, different people.

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?ID=137544318600 ;-O

• Nearly all the sites in the spamhaus listing look to be offline now..

• AndreiAndrei Member
    edited April 2015

@UrDN

+1 for UrDN, these guys know how to run their servers well, every customer support request that I made was always answered fast, maybe the price is a little high but for KVM it is definitely worth it.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • UrDNUrDN Member
    edited April 2015

This was posted shortly after we refused to shutdown a site that disclosed a lot of information regarding spamhaus.org . Spamhaus added the IP address of the host to their list, after we asked spamhaus.org where they've seen spam, I remember that all we received were threats like "shut it down and then talk to us, not before, we're not kidding". They added the entire prefix the next day to their blacklist and they also tried to blacklist other networks which interconnected with us. They also listed many sites that had no relation to spamming only because they considered them "crimes", many of the cited domains were also down for months.

Nevertheless, when looking at the spamhaus structure it became clear that they were trying to shutdown the site not because it was ran by a spammer but because many of the information posted were actually demonstrating a massive fraud operated by the spamhaus team and that it was stressing them a lot, I've searched on my own to figure out that it was much worse than expected. Since the blacklist remains, we're still waiting for proofs that there's spam sent from our network, I think it's been 2 years, still nothing.

Spamhaus knows how to avoid court cases but I am sure that they'll be dismantled one day when a big enough organisation will have lost patience. When it happens we'll be there to provide all evidences that we've collected not only to demonstrate that spamhaus does harm to email and the Internet but also that it's been used to defraud taxes, operate a money laundering network, purchase real estates and so much more.

We'll then see who is the biggest "criminal".

If you're reading those lines and you're a company, preferably in Europe and you have problems with spamhaus, don't waste your time sending legal letters to their virtual offices in Switzerland or in the U.K, contact us and we'll provide all information you need to prosecute them properly.

Moreover, UrDN has not and will not change its policies, any report that asks us to "click on this link to know why" is ignored no matter what it is about.