Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hong Kong VPS Recommendation - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hong Kong VPS Recommendation

1235»

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I suppose if one doesn't know Chinese, they won't have much success talking to anyone on QQ either.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • @rm_ said: I suppose if one doesn't know Chinese, they won't have much success talking to anyone on QQ either.

At least QQ has International version that support Multiple languages and it has a auto translation function to help users chat w/ others more easily.

• Fortunate for me I know quite alot of Asian languages : Korean, japanese, Chinese , Indonesian lol.

• @cosmicgate said: there are alot of reason to get a hong kong vps but one of my favorite reason is to sign up QQ with HK ip and meet petite asian chicks.

What's the point of having a Hongkong IP actually:o?

• Greenvine are you from china?

• @kikli it was a joke.

• @William said: 100Mbit shared.

so you are too lazy to remove "Uplink: Gigabit Ethernet"
    http://www.edis.at/kvm-premium_64_82.htm

Or all others gigabit ethernet but except the HK location

:)

• No, this website will be replaced entirely shortly so no more changes are made at all.

• linode.com for japan. but the price a bit out of your range

• Is it possible (both technically and legally) to use EDIS HK VPS as a VPN and/or private proxy to visit websites in China that block users outside of China? or is it better to get a VPN service elsewhere specific for that purpose?

• @Windy said: Is it possible (both technically and legally) to use EDIS HK VPS as a VPN and/or private proxy to visit websites in China that block users outside of China? or is it better to get a VPN service elsewhere specific for that purpose?

I think for private use is fine.

• @tommy said: linode.com for japan. but the price a bit out of your range

How about http://jpstream.net/linux_vps.shtml?

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited August 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: TIL there are ads on Youtube. I've never seen one (Adblock ftw). Does Youtube actually make people wait x seconds before viewing a video???

>

@gsrdgrdghd Will no script you can block adds on demand video sites like 4od as well (:

• @Windy said: that block users outside of China

Do note, sometimes Hongkong is considered as 'Out of China' when in such situation :S

Thanked by 1Windy
  • @Windy said: Is it possible (both technically and legally) to use EDIS HK VPS as a VPN and/or private proxy to visit websites in China that block users outside of China?

You can try it, but this won't work in 99% of the cases

Thanked by 1Windy
  • fanfan Veteran

@William @GreenVine I just noticed that the testfile at hk.edis.at was capped at 50kb/s for me, which used to be able to feed my connection to its max, have you noticed that?

• @William is on vacation, i doubt he can reply you now.

• @Taylor said: @gsrdgrdghd Will no script you can block adds on demand video sites like 4od as well (:

Yeah but NoScript kinda ruines most websites. I'd rather have a few ads sometimes than having to enable JS for every single site i visit.

@fan
    I can download it at 100-400 KBytes/sec (varies quite a lot) from my home connection in Russia, and at 5-7 MByte/sec from OVH vKS in Hong Kong.

• No, we don't cap the speed on it and i can easily reach around 1MByte/s to my present location in Amsterdam.
    Looks like some pipes are filled up, guess Netcom or Telecom...

Thanked by 1klikli
  • fanfan Veteran

@William said: Telecom

Telecom it is......

• @fan said: I just noticed that the testfile at hk.edis.at was capped at 50kb/s for me, which used to be able to feed my connection to its max, have you noticed that?

I can do 2Mbps.

• I don't read the whole thread so forgive me if I make a repeat of some people above me. Edis are good, so you won't be disappointed. Have you try vultr or linode service in Japan? In other hands, Digital Ocean, expertvm and One Asia Host have good service in Singapore. My other recommendations is Deploy Falcon, I believe they have node in South Korea, although it is NAT IP, you can try to open a ticket and ask for IPV4 Assignment. Hope it helps.

sirmbhe said: Deploy Falcon, I believe they have node in South Korea

This one? http://deployfalcon.com/
    From their status page they only have 1 OpenVZ node, and it doesn't seem like it's in South Korea.
    Also there is no way to choose the location while ordering.

• @odinms said:
    lapdance

Thanks for the spam and necro. @Nekki, cleanup on isle... Everywhere.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited September 2014

@rm_ said:
    Also there is no way to choose the location while ordering.

I check my dashboard page and I see this.

I haven't heard any update to be honest.

• Recommended preferential Hong Kong servers and VPS
    http://www.hkserver.cn