Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended VPS Provider to watch Hulu - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended VPS Provider to watch Hulu

2»

Comments

• EmperorRXF said: What I still can't figure out is how hulu blocks IPs even if the IP is from US and is passes the above test.

Something tells me it's inside the player (As it sets some cookies) and not js nor sent via the first request.

Also ramnode atlanta works too.

Thanked by 1EmperorRXF
  • If you're using SOCKS, you need to remember to force DNS requests over SOCKS as well, e.g. on Firefox: http://superuser.com/a/156921

Thanked by 1edan
  • True but NanoVZ is €1.50 a year (100GB BW)

• edanedan Member
    edited January 2015

NanoVZ is nice but just in case you need more bandwidth 2 TB/month :)

Can you give me the link to NanoVZ offer? http://lowendbox.com/blog/megavz-nat-ipv4-machines-starting-at-e3year-128mb-in-the-us-and-germany/

Thanked by 2TinyTunnel_Tom dnom
  • On a related note, Netflix is also cracking down on VPN and proxy providers.

Found this posted on Torrentfreak today.

Netflix is starting to block subscribers who access its service using VPN services and other tools that bypass geolocation restrictions. The changes, which may also affect legitimate users, have been requested by the movie studios who want full control over what people can see in their respective countries

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Weblogics said:
    On a related note, Netflix is also cracking down on VPN and proxy providers.

Found this posted on Torrentfreak today.

Netflix is starting to block subscribers who access its service using VPN services and other tools that bypass geolocation restrictions. The changes, which may also affect legitimate users, have been requested by the movie studios who want full control over what people can see in their respective countries

Also read that, hope they stay busy with tracking the larger fish and let us who creates their own solution be.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CakeyCakey Member
    edited January 2015

@liamwithers

https://github.com/Zalvie/Hulu-shit/blob/master/python/check_if_blocked.py

There you go, "pure" checking; took a bit to reverse the whole system cuz aes for python was messing up but you'll need pycrypto (pip install pycrypto)

Also added some documentation on where to find the pieces etc so yea.

Actually, who gives a shit about pycrypto anymore have one out having to install stuff
    https://github.com/Zalvie/Hulu-shit/tree/master/python/nopycrypto

Errors:

400 - Service got ddosed I guess? Or if u do the request wrongfully

500 - Blocked fully

200 - Got in or blocked via geocheck.

• @MikHo said:
    Also read that, hope they stay busy with tracking the larger fish and let us who creates their own solution be.

Doesn't really matter if they're blocking on the AS-level just like Hulu. Which is what I would do as well if I were them. A few hundred DENY rules an 95% of the VPN/hosting-market is gone.

It's a stupid move to ban those ranges anyway because it just drives people to private trackers and no movie studio is getting a cent from them.

• hausarzt said: It's a stupid move to ban those ranges anyway because it just drives people to private trackers and no movie studio is getting a cent from them.

Yep...

Thanked by 24n0nx netomx
  • that's awesome work!! just verified my hosts and berry.pw IPs are indeed blocked according to their "select" logic. I also bought another VPS for testing at HostUS and is working great so far (when it comes to the US IPs) I will keep an eye out for other good VPSes and update back on the blocked status here if anybody else needs the info.

Just out of curiosity on the reverse engineering you did... I was looking into the sec_as3.swf decompiled code from JPEXS flash decompiler but xmldecs() was obfuscated and did not decompile. Would you mind sharing how you figured out the algorithm and any tools you used for the job? I'm huge fan of understanding crypto related problems and this just caught my curiosity.

once again thanks for the help!

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited January 2015

EmperorRXF said: Just out of curiosity on the reverse engineering you did... I was looking into the sec_as3.swf decompiled code from JPEXS flash decompiler but xmldecs() was obfuscated and did not decompile. Would you mind sharing how you figured out the algorithm and any tools you used for the job? I'm huge fan of understanding crypto related problems and this just caught my curiosity.

showmycode works better than most tools and I'm not on my workstation.

http://paste.ee/p/MeNOH

_local3 looked like a hex'd key and _local4 an IV

Then it's just to follow the pattern as it clearly says AES and CBC

_local5[_local6] = (_local5[_local6] ^ 42); # Actually a loop but obbed thus cannot be seen too clearly
    this._samiDecryptMode.IV = _local7.writeUTFBytes(_local4);
    _local2 = Hex.toArray(_arg1);
    this._samiDecryptMode.decrypt(_local2);

Then it's just about to reverse what http://paste.ee/p/SyUAT is doing with an block and unblocked ip cuz I myself kinda don't even live in USA so had to switch between vpses I owned til I found a blocked one.

Thanked by 1EmperorRXF
  • EmperorRXFEmperorRXF Member
    edited January 2015

@Cakey said:

Got it!! many thanks for the effort & time!

• EmperorRXF said: Got it!! many thanks for the effort & time!

Wanna know something more funny?

You can download the videos via this as well cuz it throws back the rtmp and stuff.

• EmperorRXFEmperorRXF Member
    edited January 2015

@Cakey said:

I still didn't decrypt the response message, but that's the jackpot link as you've seen it before me :D... I'm also developing a chrome extension to extract streaming links (mp4, flv, f4m, smil, m3u8, etc) from all video sites and guess hulu can now be added to the list :D

• So it's only s.hulu.com that does the check and the movie stream is on a different host? In that case you could use proxifier or foxyproxy to only tunnel connections to s.hulu.com through the proxy server. (that way the proxy connection does not have to be fast)

• @4n0nx said:

Yes exactly.

• pechspilzpechspilz Member
    edited January 2015

So it's only s.hulu.com that does the check and the movie stream is on a different host? In that case you could use proxifier or foxyproxy to only tunnel connections to s.hulu.com through the proxy server. (that way the proxy connection does not have to be fast)

That's common practice, to use a CDN for the streaming part.
    https://github.com/trick77/tunlr-style-dns-unblocking/blob/master/config.json

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I have real Comcast Cable and Time Warner Cable ip's and dns servers available if that helps. :)

• Try this server:

Server: 184.188.104.99
    Username: vpn
    Password: vpn
    PPTP or L2TP with or without encryption

USA based. No logging, torrents allowed. Includes SmartDNS service to unblock HULU.

• WeirdGWeirdG Member
    edited March 2016

Sweet... just found out my VPS provider works with Hulu. Only really wanted it for Netflix US and Pandora, but Hulu is an added bonus. Paying $7.50/quarter.

• run a DNS leak test?

• I would not recommend any VPS actually. Hulu seems vigilant in blacklisting IPs. Over 75% of the U.S. IPs I've had were blocked, or eventually blocked. If I were on the Hulu blacklist squad, it would seem trivial to detect a proxy, if say, more than 4 different accounts used the same IP. More so if the account billing details indicate geographically-distant or overseas locations. Also, IP ranges are easy to look up, and a bit more googling can reveal if the owner is a datacentre or VPS provider.

• Watching Hulu outside from the US is illegal. Also it's expensive and complicated.

Watching series from torrent is legal in most countries. Also it's free and simple.

So why do you want to force them to accept your money?

Thanked by 2raindog308 apidevlab
  • AUGxAUGx Member

@rizwan602 said:
    Try this server:

USA based. No logging, torrents allowed. Includes SmartDNS service to unblock HULU.

its work

• AUGxAUGx Member

@rizwan602 said:
    Try this server:

can you tell me how to setup a proxy like this one

• Alajos said: Watching Hulu outside from the US is illegal. Also it's expensive and complicated.

What makes watching Hulu from outside the US illegal? That's news to me.

It may be against their terms of service, but since when is breaking a TOS illegal?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

david said: What makes watching Hulu from outside the US illegal

Some content rights ... just like watching netflix outside the US.

• Forgive me for reviving this old post.
    Is there any current provider whose IPs can get through Hulu and whose TOS allows streaming?