Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr (Sydney) No GO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr (Sydney) No GO

Warning, there will be nasty language here, im a pissed off australian dealing with vultr.

So vultr knows its lacking in bandwidth to its sydney locations, they have lots of customers complaining, and each week they say they are 'upgrading' and that issues are resolved... BULL SHIT.

I have tickets in which they Basically acknowledge that they dont have enough network capacity in sydney, yet if i goto 'deploy' i can still purchase a VM in sydney?
Why the flying fuck are they still sellling in a sydney location that has packet loss and latency issues once every hour and then telling customers that its being resolved.

Its not being resolved, you said you would and you haven't.

As soon as i finally got vultr to acknowledge this i asked that my account be reimbursed, and the ticket has not been replied too for 27 hours, not too bad 27 hours, but considering that before i asked for reimbursement i would get a reply in maybe 12 hours or less, having to wait 10 hours between support replies being answered is fucking terrible, even though i reply 5 minutes after they do, they wont get back to me until the next day.

Again, i make a ticket about their network and they ask, "are you sure its us?", "can you provide a test to confirm" all the usual bullshit... so i just link them to their own forums and eventually they get the message > https://discuss.vultr.com/discussion/391/sydney-network-woeful/p2

Anyone else jumping ship and asking for a refund?

Thanked by 1Oliver

Comments

• Yep, I get the same thing too. Considering spinning down all my Vultr instances as my RansomIT instance has been perfect.

Thanked by 3ATHK trewq Oliver
  • yeah, ransomIT was a lil sold out, so im waiting to have my VM's moved to some newer hardware they are getting in soon.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

I very much agree that the ability to deploy new instances should be disabled if there is insufficient network capacity.

Granted capacity issues are probably exacerbated by the holiday period (students home, playing games), its poor form not to be doing something about it.

• DaveA: "We will be issuing service credits across the board next week (Dec 29/30) for these problems."

Its the 2nd of January and i am getting ignored about asking for it..

• @DaveA any chance on a ETA? Was going to spin up a few instances but seeing this makes me not want too.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited January 2015

Dont worry i've tried to delete my spawned AU VPS from Vultr a few times and it keeps showing error messages. but then again, each time i send in a ticket to vultr they "cannot replicate" so they dont bother, so i've just got a VPS sitting there chewing all my credit that i can never get rid of..

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Dont worry i've tried to delete my spawned AU VPS from Vultr a few times and it keeps showing error messages. but then again, each time i send in a ticket to vultr they "cannot replicate" so they dont bother, so i've just got a VPS sitting there chewing all my credit that i can never get rid of..

Have you opened a ticket asking for the VM concerned to be deleted?

• AutoSnipe said: Dont worry i've tried to delete my spawned AU VPS from Vultr a few times and it keeps showing error messages. but then again, each time i send in a ticket to vultr they "cannot replicate" so they dont bother, so i've just got a VPS sitting there chewing all my credit that i can never get rid of..

O.o

• Yep. i ticketed them about a few errors.. (passwords not setting so was unable to access, deletes showing errors saying that my vps was less then 5 minutes old or something when it was about 28 hours old) but they said that i should just try again because they couldn't replicate the errors. and tried a few more times with the same result

• I had issues with some VMs not deleting during the NJ issues. I didn't bother trying to get them to replicate the issues and just straight-out asked for them to delete the VMs because I couldn't.

• tr1cky said: Great uptime:

Are you kidding? Over the 3 days in Dec on your monitoring they couldn't maintain two nines let alone three.

I know it is a cheaper service but really, two nines should be doable by everyone.

• You guys should also check out http://www.exigent.com.au/budget-virtual-servers

They are very cheap.

• Yeah, and then checkout the reviews around them.... sounds like even more of a headache.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited January 2015

professionalxen said: You guys should also check out http://www.exigent.com.au/budget-virtual-servers They are very cheap.

No don't even bother, there plenty of horror stories surrounding them. @0xdragon will be by shortly to beat some sense into you.

• Although pricy on the bandwidth side, we've done business with ServersAustralia building an AnyCAST Network last year. I personally like their network.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

ATHK said: DaveA any chance on a ETA? Was going to spin up a few instances but seeing this makes me not want too.

I think he realize mouth too big, not going to come back and cause another PR disaster. Anyway why would he want to login here, we are all mean to him!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

ATHK said: DaveA any chance on a ETA? Was going to spin up a few instances but seeing this makes me not want too.

I think he realize mouth too big, not going to come back and cause another PR disaster. Anyway why would he want to login here, we are all mean to him (including me, sorry @DaveA)!

• Sorry about this, I think they're busy writing a response to my support ticket response nine days ago.

Come to think of it, let's bump it.

Thanked by 3Amitz ATHK Pwner
  • mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited January 2015

@perennate said:
    I think he realize mouth too big, not going to come back and cause another PR disaster. Anyway why would he want to login here, we are all mean to him (including me, sorry DaveA)!

Not responding to client issues (including the RAID thing and his own rudeness) is an even worse PR disaster.

I'm not sure what so hard about saying "We're using RAID >=1. I apologize for having been an idiot at some rare occasions; it won't happen again and I've corrected my mistakes.". That's it. Two lines and we're good. Apparently, he doesn't think his customers deserve that much effort on his end.

Keep in mind, though, I'm still happy with my instance with them. It's running smoothly and I'm perfectly satisfied. Their support, though... Right now, I wouldn't recommend these guys for production use, only for something you could miss for a couple of hours.

Thanked by 2Amitz TinyTunnel_Tom
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited January 2015

mpkossen said: Keep in mind, though, I'm still happy with my instance with them. It's running smoothly and I'm perfectly satisfied. Their support, though... Right now, I wouldn't recommend these guys for production use, only for something you could miss for a couple of hours.

+1

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

mpkossen said: I wouldn't recommend these guys for production use,

Nobody should be recommended for production use, alone. Everyone can and did fail in the past, everything made by humans will eventually fail, even mountains do, given enough time.
    If your uptime is REALLY-REALLY important, you will build redundancies everywhere you can, OUTSIDE of one provider. You need at least two and frequent back-ups to a third to be relatively safe. At LEB prices you can build a redundant network all over the world and even a bit of CDN and with a touch of anycast at the price you would pay to hold everything to a big name which "never fails".

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @mpkossen said:
    Keep in mind, though, I'm still happy with my instance with them. It's running smoothly and I'm perfectly satisfied. Their support, though... Right now, I wouldn't recommend these guys for production use, only for something you could miss for a couple of hours.

+1
    Vultr's support is really bad. Even on twitter, it's a hit and miss. it makes me feel that they are selective on who to respond to and etc. I don't dare to use them for any of my projs, I rather spend a couple more bucks monthly on some providers that respond to my ticket. That way at least i feel assured that I'm not left alone in the dark LOL.

• I don't know what support questions you have, but I have got a polite reply on my only support ticket so far the last week.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited January 2015

Honestly I have started moving my stuff over to RansomIT ( @Oliver ). They are connected to a much better network in Sydney and I have never had a problem. 100% recommend.

Thanked by 3Oliver ATHK 0xdragon
  • I'd also like to move a way from Vultr, but I busted out 100$+ bucks during their doubler sale.
    RansomIT would be my choice.

If I was running a LAMP stack, I wouldn't mind too much but running a game server on them is really bad.

• Is LET THAT interested in Australia? If yes, maybe we can set something up there :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    Is LET THAT interested in Australia? If yes, maybe we can set something up there :)

Us Australians are just very vocal about what we want ;)

• DalekOfSkaroDalekOfSkaro Member
    edited January 2015

trewq said: Us Australians are just very vocal about what we want ;)

Well... Maybe I can see about sending some hardware to Sydney. Chances are it'll be a Colocation @ SoftLayer with IPv4 and IPv6. Of course this will happen if there's enough demand.

Edit: Maybe I should setup a poll.

Thanked by 2nadz TheKiller
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@DaleyOfSkaro SoftLayer doesn't do colocation in Australia and their Sydney POP isn't operational for dedicated servers yet. They are available in Melbourne only for dedicated servers but their domestic network arrangements are pretty bad for Australians in my experience.

Thanked by 30xdragon ATHK trewq