Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weloveservers.net oh give me a break - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weloveservers.net oh give me a break

2»

Comments

• Their support may be fast but they are absolutely clueless as to what is wrong with their servers. I got suspended once because of a DDoS attack. Asked them for the logs and the IPs they provided were of Microsoft. When I asked if Microsoft was DDoS'ing my vps, they just removed the suspension and closed my ticket.

I have a UK vps with them that gets restarted every week or so. I had another one at Buffalo about a year back which was better.

• @Incero said:
    $12/year. Enough said.

Not true in general. VPSDime, 7$/y - 512MB RAM, 7GB SSD, OVZ. Performance is alright, uptime great, just as support is.

• CraigWatsonCraigWatson Member
    edited August 2015

I've had the same response-time issues and also the clueless (at best) support. You're best off elsewhere if you value your sanity.

FWIW, the response time issues were blatantly obvious - over 30 seconds to negotiate an SSH session, every single CLI command the same. Huge amounts of IO-wait in top, and the OS swapping almost immediately after boot.

Also, on the subject of abuse claims, I was forwarded a random claim that my IP had been used in a scam, and pressed them for the logs. None came, and the ticket was closed without another word. Seems like they don't even investigate abuse claims, and put as much effort into them as they do their support - namely zero.

Ultimately, support is only useful when support is needed, and 9 times out of 10, the response from WLS has been "I've made some random change, but I'm not going to tell you what it is. Can you try again now?" - rinse and repeat for four days until either a) the problem goes away naturally, or b) you get so frustrated you just put up with bad performance and try to justify the sunk funds.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Thread Necro.

• @Fritz said:
    Thread Necro.

He just joined to do that too! I love internet!

• Bad service, because All Server are alway heavily oversold Node.
    I cancel all Vps, Now I have only 2 Vps 256mb ( 8$/years) for proxy private, but they usually connect time out (I was exist customer their service since 2013)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Sounds fishy to me. Test made in December. Not showing the location to compare with even. One might have been taken from server in Asia, other one from server in Europe. Proves exactly nothing.

If you aren't willing to public the proofs, then don't open public threads on a public forum slandering the provider.