Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weloveservers.net oh give me a break
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weloveservers.net oh give me a break

inklightinklight Member
edited December 2014 in Reviews

I don't know what happening on Weloveservers but calling them Hosting Provide didn't fit At all .
Even worst VPS provider didn't enough to say really . This like throwing money on the ground .
I found Weloveservers yearly offer on WHT 512MB 12/Yr so I give it a shoot .
First thing I notice the ssh was extremely slow After i open Ticket they admit that and they solve it by rebooting the VPS .. it was still slow but better then before .
OK after I complete VPS setup and install my site on it I did some test .the site was slower then any worst shared host I tried .
Test result from webpagetest.org

DNS Lookup: 139 ms
Initial Connection: 54 ms
Time to First Byte: 1374 ms

this is my result for the same site with same budget shared host 12$/Yr

DNS Lookup: 204 ms
Initial Connection: 78 ms
Time to First Byte: 513 ms

After that I asked for refund and they ask me to try a different node before refund and they migrate my VPS on same data center (Buffalo, New York) .
I do test again and the performance was worst the before so I asked for refund again but they didn't or can't refund me through bitcoin as It was my Payment I used .
I ended up by adding refund to my customer account .

Eh yesterday I registered a new domain I decided to use my fund on Weloveservers to test it last time .
I choose UK Location who's know could I be lucky this time .

First let's start with CPU which is Xeon L5520 2.27GHz ! .

HDD performance << they said it's RAID10

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync
(1.1 GB) copied, 21.729 s, 49.4 MB/s

The weird thing I notice on that freaky node My site was extremely slow when I open it first time after a while take more then 12 seconds to load (**my site is empty WP blog + default WP theme+cache **) .

Pingdom test Pic with waterfall :-

http://s27.postimg.org/yj41a5q83/Pingdom_Archive.png

I already heard that some provider shutdown VPS if it stay idle most of time so first visitors will wait 10s or more until it come a live .
The only positive thing about Weloveservers they replay my tickets fast in ~ an hours but theirs servers as what you read above .

Thanked by 1arpanjot

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Now that you have told us that, pack up and move.

• That must be a heavily oversold Node.

• LeeLee Veteran

It may well be, 49.4 mb/s is not slow and more than sufficient for most needs.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Now that you have told us that, pack up and move.

already done but I still fell upset about losing my money for nothing .

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    That must be a heavily oversold Node.

Surely with alot of CPU & IO abuse

@W1V_Lee said:

It may well be, 49.4 mb/s is not slow and more than sufficient for most needs.

Thats one test and didn't describe the problem here another test

(1.1 GB) copied, 40.0251 s, 26.8 MB/s

and this is my test with Greencloudvps

(1.1 GB) copied, 5.85178 s, 183 MB/s

^^ I already record 300 MB/s with them

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

inklight said: ^ I already record 300 MB/s with them

Many people have 1 GB but that only tells part of the story, it depends how responsive the storage is under normal load.

I found 30 MB/s is enough for my needs in average, if I have a busy database I go with ram caching first before considering ssd, there should not be much else than needs speeds higher than 30 MB/s, but, as I said, that is only part of the story, you can have 100 MB/s and still have an unresponsive storage due to big and slow drives or wrong setup of the raid.

• inklightinklight Member
    edited December 2014

@Maounique said:
    I found 30 MB/s is enough for my needs in average, .

it's same for me I cache DB on Ram too but this didn't help with this provider .
    any way I moved a days ago . currently I ordered Min Dedi from Digicube and I will hope it going well since it my first Dedi .

• webpagetest.org is a bad way to check the website performance. Theire nodes are always overloaded and give wrong results. Maybe try http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/ or google webmaster tools

• @sepei said:
    Maybe try http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/ or google webmaster tools

That proof my point more

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2014

@inklight said:

That doesn't tell us what your site loads. For all we know it loads 140kb of content from other servers that have extreme network latency, or runs 500 queries on a 15 million row table with MyISAM before drawing headers. Based on what I know from that, I couldn't tell you where the fault lies, because I don't know enough.

Thanked by 2netomx alexvolk
  • I would first test how long google needs to get the site (google webmaster tools). This should be the real best case. If theire is also a delay about 5 seconds then theire is really what wrong

• should repeat the test multiple times and calculate the average times needed to load. I prefer gtmetrix though.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Just not enough data.

Take WP out of the equation, use a static page, use the same page in multiple locations, and make sure you know the test point source for each test.

You cant sit in Singapore, load a page hosted in Singapore then load the same one from Softlayer Amsterdam and say one hosted in Softlayer Amsterdam is crap because the shared host in Singapore loads faster, it is just insane.... it is that logic that lead to women being burned as witches!

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Take WP out of the equation

That makes no logic what so ever. How would the op evaluate if the hosting Is able to coupe with his needs? If he doesn't test how the hosting behaves handling his website.

@AnthonySmith said:
    it is that logic that lead to women being burned as witches!

Thanked by 3Darwin Makenai yomero
  • DarwinDarwin Member
    edited December 2014

So we should put a vps on a side of scale and a duck on the other and then?

• @Jar said:
    because I don't know enough.

I already describe my installation on my previous post !

@inklight said: (my site is empty WP blog + default WP theme+cache ) .

caching means 0 queries is done .BTW Wordpress uses InnoDB now by default for ever fresh install

• My VPS at WeloveServers

USA

[root@jupiter ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 13.7175 s, 78.3 MB/s

But VPS works Fast I have it from last year and no problem with it :)

UK

[root@alpha ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.31445 s, 115 MB/s

• my uk vps
    i have the annual plan too.

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 32.0342 s, 33.5 MB/s

• @inklight said:

Why does it read,"Tested from on December 24"? There should be a location in there. Have you been fudging the image?

You need to examine the Waterfall to see where delays occur. For all we know now it could be poor DNS performance. And look at the Performance Grade to understand the overall score. Simple stuff like enabling compression and setting max-age for some resources will improve your score tremendously.

And dd tests are largely irrelevent. Worry about disk speed when you see elevated load caused by iowait, and queued processes in state 'D'.

• LA here

root@fyp:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 13.5652 s, 79.2 MB/s

• Sorry people I cant public my result but I'll send all proofs to Moderators if they ask, I'm ready .

I don't know why some people argue on everything about my tests with this provider ! why all this suspicions .
    I didn't use one test , what I show here is sample for many test I had done .

surely I didn't judge on my site speed using my home connection I already Use all test methods available this from my bookmark :-

sleddog said: Why does it read,"Tested from on December 24"? There should be a location in there. Have you been fudging the image?

I really don't know maybe because I didn't choose test location before I start .
    Any way the test still Archived any Mod's can see test links from pingdom . and this is top Waterfall .

• alexhalexh Member
    edited December 2014

inklight said: I really don't know maybe because I didn't choose test location before I start . Any way the test still Archived any Mod's can see test links from pingdom . and this is top Waterfall .

I'm going to use this topic, titled "Pingdom Speed Test" from WHT:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1323121

The first reply states:

Plenty of reasons why and some of it due to drive problem, network or the server is not being optimized properly.

The second:

If you see the same results in your web browser - it's likely the server. If you only see it reported by Pingdom and can't reproduce yourself or using any other tool - it could just be Pingdom.

From my experience, sites loading assets from external sources (as mentioned above) will have longer waterfall times for those assets specifically. In this case, assets are hosted locally, and actually have a relatively short loading time.

Edit: "Wait" is the time in which the server has received the request, and is processing it, but the client hasn't begun downloading / receiving the data yet. I would check your webserver, PHP and MySQL configurations before coming to the conclusion that the host is the issue.

• inklight said: this is top Waterfall

Do as @AnthonySmith suggested above: put up a static html page and test against that. This elements php, mysql, wordpress as possible causes of the delay.

I don't know why some people argue on everything about my tests with this provider ! why all this suspicions . I didn't use one test , what I show here is sample for many test I had done .

Because every single one of us has opened up this ticket: "My website is slow on your server and it was fast on ____." We know that we cannot understand the situation without full context from the things we would test.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • inklightinklight Member
    edited December 2014

sleddog said: suggested above: put up a static html page and test against that. This elements php, mysql, wordpress as possible causes of the delay

Believe me I do all tests step by step ......
    First Test using server IP after NginX Installed
    Second test Small Static HTML with domain linked to the server ......
    Third Test after Installing PHP with phpinfo.php page......
    forth test after WP installed ...... sixth test with WP Super Cache Enabled . seventh test with APC .

And Weloveservers Failed on all these tests , the result was super unbelievable they really have issue on their network as what > @alexh said:

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • I have just cancelled with We love Servers. Black Friday Exclusive - 3GB
    IP Allocation: 212.18.232.14

For exactly the same reasons as above in this old post, it appears nothing much has improved. Great customer service but poor node performance.

To prove a point I moved my entire webmin and 8 sites to another provider, then did a fresh install of Virtualmin, it finished and I changed the password for root:

passwd 10 second wait......I enter the new password and another 15 seconds drift by..
    Confirm password.. I re-enter and another 10-15 seconds go by....

login to webmin ...... 5 minutes go by Nothing. I check the control panel and the status is.... Unknown

I cannot use anything like this :(

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited August 2015

Hi brother, I tell you , like, that is, only today the purchase, alas, they said that it was illegal to use, already punished the offending user, I do not know how much credibility?

I want to replace the IP, they say found the reason, there are users of illegal use, how high do you think the credibility ~

And I check my IP, look it on a map of Canada,........
    not a in Los Angeles and Dallas, I'm so sad this fake contract

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

qq7119 said: And I check my IP, look it on a map of Canada,........ not a in Los Angeles and Dallas, I'm so sad this fake contract

There are plenty of reasons for that, people complain about our IPs too, registered to an italian company, hosted in italy as being from sweden, spain and even algeria. I have no idea what google and others are smoking, but even IPs in our name which were always ours and never located some other place or rented, still show random results in various places. I am so sick of this.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited August 2015

@inklight said:
    I found Weloveservers yearly offer on WHT 512MB 12/Yr so I give it a shoot

$12/year. Enough said.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • I agree they really have been having issues lately. My machine has been down every 3 days like clockwork, and then it takes them 3 days to figure out how to get the VM back up and running, and then 3 days latter it mysteriously gets disabled, and I extensively monitor Traffic, Load and Memory so I know its not a violation.

Steer away unless you only are occasionally going to use the VPS.