Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP Systems Limited - 256MB RAM - 2 IPV4 - $3.50/year - OpenVZ - Dallas - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP Systems Limited - 256MB RAM - 2 IPV4 - $3.50/year - OpenVZ - Dallas

Comments

• @johnkoozle - When will you remove port 25 block?

• @ElChile said:
    johnkoozle - When will you remove port 25 block?

It is still a work in progress

Regards

• Hi John.
    I'm starting to feel a bit disenchanted - nowhere in the ordering process can I find anything about blocking Port 25. I've paid for 12 months service and can't run a mail server effectively on my vps. When will you be sorting this deficiency out?

• @alaningus said:
    Hi John.
    I'm starting to feel a bit disenchanted - nowhere in the ordering process can I find anything about blocking Port 25. I've paid for 12 months service and can't run a mail server effectively on my vps. When will you be sorting this deficiency out?

I'm sorry you feel that way :(
    I will investigate when we can remove the block

• twincloudstwinclouds Member
    edited January 2015

I ordered one of 512M at $6/year for over a week now. It works so far pretty reliably. I am not a heavy user but it at least is as good or better than other low cost VPSs that has lower spec and/or higher price. I think it will a good choice for PBXes and or light use mail servers.

• @johnkoozle i've sent ticket asking for custom order, please check!

• @twinclouds said:
    I ordered one of 512M at $6/year for over a week now. It works so far pretty reliably. I am not a heavy user but it at least is as good or better than other low cost VPSs that has lower spec and/or higher price. I think it will a good choice for PBXes and or light use mail servers.

Thanks for the review

• @sonic said:
    johnkoozle i've sent ticket asking for custom order, please check!

I think this was replied to, there is no open tickets

• No CC? damn

• Is port 25 still being blocked? inbound or outbound? Is it possible to run a mail server to accept inbound mail from the internet? I won't be sending mail.

• Any reviews? Considering using these guys.

Thanks,

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited January 2015

Mini review:
    Bought a $12/year 'expert' vps in December for light use

VPS was available almost immediately after order completed.

Installed Ubuntu

Multiple attempts to install Virtualmin failed (with 2 different Ubuntu versions) - seems BSDUTILS is missing from the available Ubuntu distros.

Performance/reliability all seem pretty good.
    Server bear

Only real gripe so far is that Port 25 (incoming and outgoing from what I can tell) is (still) blocked so can't run a mail server.

Assuming John sorts out port 25 fairly soon, it is great VFM

• The block on 25,465 has been removed however there are strict limits in place.

• @johnkoozle said:

@jtcx said: I signed up for the small one earlier today, and so far, everything looks good. Provisioned instantly, and good results from bench.sh.

If I sign up for the larger plan with 6 IP's, can I request that they are in different subnets, or as far apart numerically as possible from each other?

Yes that's no problem.

I just ordered $6/year, is it possible to upgrade it to $12/year plan and get different subnets, as mentioned by @jtcx? I am planning to host a small mail server for my personal websites. Hope, port 25 is no more blocked now! I can see that it is possible to set rDNS from control panel, that seems pretty kool, though I have not updated it yet.

• @johnkoozle said:
    The block on 25,465 has been removed however there are strict limits in place.

OK - my mail server now works - thanks.

What are the "strict limits" ?

• @rahoolm said:
    I just ordered $6/year, is it possible to upgrade it to $12/year plan and get different subnets, as mentioned by jtcx? I am planning to host a small mail server for my personal websites. Hope, port 25 is no more blocked now! I can see that it is possible to set rDNS from control panel, that seems pretty kool, though I have not updated it yet.

Yes this is possible
    Port 25 is now allowed!

Thanked by 1rahoolm
  • @alaningus said:
    What are the "strict limits" ?

Undisclosed sorry, however any legit mail service shouldnt hit this.

• @johnkoozle said:
    Undisclosed sorry, however any legit mail service shouldnt hit this.

OK - as long as I can set up and operate email accounts for 'normal' use. I have no interest in any form of bulk mail (sending or receiving).

• @alaningus said:
    OK - as long as I can set up and operate email accounts for 'normal' use. I have no interest in any form of bulk mail (sending or receiving).

Sure that's fine then :)

• @johnkoozle Thanks John! I PMed u tkt number.

• No. of cpu cores ?

• johnkoozlejohnkoozle Member
    edited January 2015

@gurugrv said:
    No. of cpu cores ?

1-2

• I have got a IP Systems a couple of hours ago and still I cannot access SolusVM (wrong username and password with provided credentials). I opened I ticket and they don't reply to me..is that normal?

• Well I have a certain rush and simply they are not replying me...as a start its not bad!

• Ordered one with PayPal and their IPN seems to be broken.

• @ledzgio said:
    I have got a IP Systems a couple of hours ago and still I cannot access SolusVM (wrong username and password with provided credentials). I opened I ticket and they don't reply to me..is that normal?

This was resolved. You used characters that are not allowed.

• @kaniini said:
    Ordered one with PayPal and their IPN seems to be broken.

Your ticket was replied to.

• i signed up for the 256mb vps, so far i'm amazed with the performance. I have had other VPSes OpenVZ, KVM, Xen and even Dedicated servers. This one is so fast because of SSD.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.9998 s, 358 MB/s

other times i've got disk copy speeds upto 450 MB/s

setup was instantaneous after the payment and i was able to re-install OS in seconds. I would totally recommend this VPS to anyone who's looking and the price is unbeatable at this performance IMHO.

./speedtest_cli.py

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Centarra Networks (198.52.189.198)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by T-Mobile (Dallas, TX) [0.66 km]: 2.633 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 436.59 Mbits/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 210.29 Mbits/s

i'm pretty happy with the above results :>

• @tabish said:
    i signed up for the 256mb vps, so far i'm amazed with the performance. I have had other VPSes OpenVZ, KVM, Xen and even Dedicated servers. This one is so fast because of SSD.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.9998 s, 358 MB/s

other times i've got disk copy speeds upto 450 MB/s

setup was instantaneous after the payment and i was able to re-install OS in seconds. I would totally recommend this VPS to anyone who's looking and the price is unbeatable at this performance IMHO.

./speedtest_cli.py

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Centarra Networks (198.52.189.198)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by T-Mobile (Dallas, TX) [0.66 km]: 2.633 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 436.59 Mbits/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 210.29 Mbits/s

i'm pretty happy with the above results :>

Thanks very much for the review :)

• Hi John,

Been a happy customer so far, but you may want to review the posts at https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/ipsystemsltd.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc