Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the friendliest VPS provider that you have experienced? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the friendliest VPS provider that you have experienced?

12346»

Comments

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited May 2015

@Makkesk8 said:
    Iniz by far

Came here to say this, INIZ has probably been the most amicable as far as my memory for 2015 can see.

@isalem said:

And finally, serverian for the blessing of Backupsy!

I wouldn't quite call them friendly, but I like their terseness. Never seemed to mince words in my experience, which was admirable.

• souensouen Member

Some of the friendliest providers, in no particular order:

• @leckley and @NickM (Stablebox) - cool guys, willing to go extra lengths to get an issue resolved
    • @HostNun - good communication with clients, took extra steps to make sure they were informed during migration, Indulgences on request
    • @Francisco (BuyVM) - responds quickly, clearly and politely the few times I spoke with them
    Thanked by 2Francisco HostNun
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

In no specific order:

• Castlegem; Bernhard is amazing, and the rest of the Castlegem guys. Anyone that's dealt with them will know. Can't stress this enough, my #1 provider. @ozfingwe

• Hostigation; good ol' Tim, need I say more?

• CatalystHost; when I dealt with Ryan he's always been friendly, and with arguably the coolest surname ever and then of course everyone's best friend Jarland, pitty he's not there any more. @Jar @ryanarp

• OnePoundWebHosting; Stuart is just awesome. @onepound

• BuyVM; in specific Franny, didn't even have a service until recently and he's always been helpful, not really dealt much with the others. @Francisco

• Prometeus; uncle Sal, what else can I say. ;-)

• IPXCore; Adam and Damian were certainly quite friendly, haven't dealt with them much recently, but wouldn't hesitate to do so again. @Damian @ipxadam

• Backupsy,VPSDime,...; Oktay is well Oktay, haven't talked to him much recently but he's always awesome in my books.

• and obviously at #1 is myself. :-)

Providers that look friendly from the outside i.e. I've never had services, but I would if I needed it: Andrej/DrSever, Rumen/FitVPS, Alex/HostUS, Harry/Cloudshards, Alex/ImpactVPS.

There certainly are are other good providers and people, but remember this is about friendly and helpful. I've probably missed some aswell, hope I don't piss anyone off by not mentioning them. ;-)

• not to forget @dediserve

Thanked by 1dediserve
    • Nick | RamNode
    • Melvin | Rackspace
    • Digital Ocean
    • HostDime / SurpassHosting
    Thanked by 2jar Nick_A
  • vijaivijai Member

I would have to say NodeServ.. Jade is awesome :P

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks everyone!

I hate love you too!

Francisco

Thanked by 3J1021 MikePT Pwner
  • korobkovkorobkov Member
    edited May 2015

I like Prometeus the most: they are very kind and helpful people. :)
    And treat even least paying customers (like me) with respect, kindness, honesty, technical details (what I like :)) and even custom bonuses above ordinary plans :)
    This makes me think they are kind by their nature, not because I make them a profit.

Thanks a lot to this forum for making Prometeus known:
    3 years ago, when I was searching of honest and reliable provider I could trust with my data, I came here and found "top providers" polls, mentioning Prometeus among the winners. There were also many posts from @Salvatore and @Maounique with lots of techincal details about their servers and network. I had learn't a lot about providers' world.
    So I was interested and moved my primary server to them.

I've got a lot of CPU time and bandwidth there. They even let me run BOINC for several months on their VPS! (this was before cryptocurrency mining became popular, so a lot of CPUs were idle).
    They also have the best possible TOS, without any traps and hidden fees and overages!
    This is one of the things, making them really different from many others, especially large providers: many of their TOS-es contain clauses, allowing termination even without notice in some circumstances.
    I myself could have my servers only with providers which I could trust, which assumes they also trust us, their customers, for being good and honest by default, not bad and making all possible troubles by default.

Prometeus also is known for it's wonderful support: I even see @Salvatore himself answering some of my questions! :) Responses are so fast, that I had to lower ticket priority on my most silly questions to allow their support people to focus on more important questions, than my (but they still continue to reply lightning-fast even in that cases :))

Prometeus honestly ask their current and future customers not to compare them with any others, because "Prometeus IS different". They really ARE different.
    They provide not only the better support, but also better value for money than large providers. And what is the most important - humane, kind and respectful treatment.

So every time I (yet) compare them with some other provider, I feel that I don't want any better place for my servers, then Prometeus. :)

Many thanks for them, once again! :)

Thanked by 2Infinity Maounique
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Uncle sal won't tell you that he'll hug you or whatnot. He will just reply to your tickets with very short message... and it usually means whatever your problem is ... it has been dealt with and solved.

And he doesn't try to reply just for the sake of having quick turnaround time with useless message like "ok, i will look into it". His first reply to your ticket is usually the last response you need because he already solved your problem.

Thanked by 2Infinity hostnoob
  • WiredTree without a doubt. These guys are the best customer service out there. Check out forums like webhostingtalk and you'll see that they respond to every concern and just generally kick butt.

• James from @dediserve

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • MridulMridul Member
    edited May 2015

I have really been impressed by :

TMZVPS : Quickest Replies

XiNiX : Damn Inpressive

TurnkeyInternet : Quality

RamNode : Wow

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • baranbaran Member

Ramnode staff very friendly to me. Short response time ( under 10 min. With time zone difference ) i cant remember his/her name but thank you very much.

• @cociu 's support is very friendly too.

• Don't kill me for this but personally, EvoBurst. @AutoSnipe & @joodle are pretty good.

Also as per the standard, RamNode, DeepNet and NexHost

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    EvoBurst.

Hmm..the first ever contact I had with Evoburst was a sales ticket asking politely whether they could provide a vps from the LEB promo. I got a curt "I'm sorry, but expired is expired".

I still ended up ordering one from them. The first support ticket was raised when I found that they'd set up a vps with no external route to it. The response was a screenshot of the control panel with a big arrow pointing to the "Reconfigure network" button, along with a statement that I could've done it myself. Who'd have thought that a freshly ordered vps needed to be reconfigured?

Finally when the vps was up, I discovered that they'd provisioned half the resources I'd ordered. They most certainly don't get my vote for friendliest support.

My vote would go for Myrsk first. Second would be Oktay, and third, Patrick. I haven't yet used Prometeus, and I didn't have to raise a ticket when I was with Nick.

• 123systems
    In all honesty, DrServer staff is the best. Even if you're using a $0.83 Xen VPS from them.

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited May 2015

I have tested hundreds and I guess the @drServer is the most friendly provider! :) And of course @Francisco from Frantech... 10 years ago or more it was my first VPS. Loved their IRC channel.

Thanked by 2drserver Francisco
  • Well, yesterday I ordered a new MegaVZ VPS, few hours later their support sent me a ticket, noticing I also lived in Adelaide, which then turned into a nice 'lil conversational exchange. :P
    Mind you - MegaVZ isn't supposed to include support. ;)

• RamNode, Crissic, Prometeus. Maounique/John is awesome.

• NdhaNdha Member

So Far, Friendliest :

1. Andrej & @Radi in @drserver

2. @Fransisco & Aldryic in BuyVM

3. @AutoSnipe in EvoBurst

4. James in @dediserve

5. @KuJoe in SecureDragon

6. @timnboys in DediCube

7. Ryan in @SpartanHost

8. Kenshin in OneAsiaHost

• Wait a moment, what is this topic all about? Do you look for virtual boyfriend/girlfriend or for quality of the vps you pay for?
    If the VPS i pay for is stable.. I don't want to have friendship with my provider.. :D

• @thehostbay said:
    Wait a moment, what is this topic all about? Do you look for virtual boyfriend/girlfriend or for quality of the vps you pay for?
    If the VPS i pay for is stable.. I don't want to have friendship with my provider.. :D

Necrobump on your first day... you just spamming threads so you can eventually update your sig and try to drive some traffic back to your hosting review site?

• @thehostbay said:
    And for final.. If I want with a simple donation of 2k can fullbrand lowendtalk for years. I don't care about the fcking sig.. Also i'm not looking for girlfriend so go off please.

Okay buddy.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

I think in my case it boils down to @BuyVM and @drserver. I normally don't have to interact much with my providers :)

Thanked by 1drserver