Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protected VPS for TeamSpeak - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protected VPS for TeamSpeak

Comments

• OVH. Just don't expect any support from them at all.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

davidgestiondbi said: unacceptable

What kind of uptime in numbers are we talking about which you consider unacceptable? I got "frequent" reboots (probably migrations for load balancing), but they were absolutely fine for the price and better than 90 % of the LE* providers.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2014

@Nyr said:
    What kind of uptime in numbers are we talking about which you consider unacceptable? I got "frequent" reboots (probably migrations for load balancing), but they were absolutely fine for the price and better than 90 % of the LE* providers.

On that point, I'm in accordance with you. But we easily get under 95% of uptime on fresh install VPS... That isn't normal... But for their support, yes. However, for $2-3/month, they are cheap, but for production use, better to take a OVH reseller than OVH itself, in my own opinion.

But, back to thread !!

• Any other OVH resellers which have an European location?

davidgestiondbi said: we easily get under 95% of uptime on fresh install VPS

You are lying again.

Under 95 % = 36 hours = one and half days down each month. Sorry but this is isn't true.

I am not the biggest OVH fan, but don't try to sell your products lying about your competitors.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Nyr, to stop hijacking this thread, I PM you. Sorry @luissousa for this. I suggest Ramnode in Netherland. You should check their latency to your home.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • The OVH VPS I had in BHS for a month was perfectly fine (no reboot). However, rDNS did not work and support did not manage to enable it within 30 days (!), so I did not extend it.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • If you can work with NAT ipv4 ive just opened up a France NanoVZ location. 3€ a year for something that will do teamspeak fine. Or contact me via ticket for a custom plan

Thanked by 2luissousa netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2014

Thanks for the mentions everyone :)

We can do custom ACL's as needed without issue.

We can do a 'block everyone but these IPs' and things like that, we'd just need a list of either subnets or static IP's to approve.

You just have to ticket it in, it doesn't cost anything extra.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited December 2014

@Francisco said:
    Thanks for the mentions everyone :)

We can do custom ACL's as needed without issue.

We can do a 'block everyone but these IPs' and things like that, we'd just need a list of either subnets or static IP's to approve.

You just have to ticket it in, it doesn't cost anything extra.

Francisco

Thank you very much for your answer

I will take a look at your offers

• @Nyr said:
    Stop spreading lies, they can. Your mitigation provider is not better than OVH.

I didn't say OVH isn't good, it's just for some applications OVH is not suitable

nexmark said: I didn't say OVH isn't good, it's just for some applications OVH is not suitable

You said:

OVH cannot mitigate UDP Floods without closing off UDP

Which is just false. In fact, most common floods nowadays are are UDP reflection which OVH (and anyone with a big pipe) can mitigate 100 %.

• @Nyr said:
    Which is just false. In fact, most common floods nowadays are are UDP reflection which OVH (and anyone with a big pipe) can mitigate 100 %.

Do you want to see a demonstration?

nexmark said: Do you want to see a demonstration?

Sure. I hope you got permission from the owners of the networks doing the reflection as well as from OVH.

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited December 2014

@Nyr said:
    Sure. I hope you got permission from the owners of the networks doing the reflection as well as from OVH.

No problem, getting a ticket opened
    Also it's not a reflection attack its a spoofed UDP attack

• I cannot stress enough how OVH CANNOT keep the UDP service online while under a flood, Sure it'll mitigate it but the service running behind it will be blocked from running

Please @luissousa go with @Francisco or @Nick_A
    You'll be happy you went with them as they use Staminus which keeps the UDP service online under floods, heck NFOservers could be an option also.

OVH is only good for TCP based services, HTTP, Minecraft, Runescape, other TCP based games

nexmark said: Also it's not a reflection attack its a spoofed UDP attack

I will quote you again:

Don't be fooled, OVH cannot mitigate UDP Floods without closing off UDP

OVH does mitigate many common attacks, including most UDP floods (yes, reflection), while keeping the service online. I already said OVH can't mitigate some more nasty ones, so don't go keep going in circles.

• @Nyr said:
    OVH does mitigate many common attacks, including most UDP floods (yes, reflection), while keeping the service online. I already said OVH can't mitigate some more nasty ones, so don't go keep going in circles.

Ah, sorry misread that statement, carry on.

• @Nyr said:

OVH is absolutely terrible at mitigating any real attachs (above 4Gbps approximately, or anything about 10kpps where it just sputters and cries.) This is with the OVH Anti-DDoS PRO and permanent mitigation mode enabled for that IP address.

Sure, it doesn't hit the physical server; but it also doesn't hit the individual IP address either, thereby shutting off the IP address, and no more useful than just null routing the IP address would be (which is what other providers do anyways.)

First hand experience on this one, our Montreal location is OVH.

I would heavily recommend a real DDoS protected provider, like @Nick_A or @Francisco or someone else using Staminus, BlackLotus, X4B, or some real filtering solution; and not just some bullshit "We will protect you!" claim that OVH stated.

On top of that, the OVH control panel gives very few choices in lieu of the firewall options for permanent mitigation. And, if the attack is "too large" (above 40kpps or so, which is pretty small a limit) they will just remove the IP address and it will show as an "ARP Error" in the provider API, and I have to "unblock" the IP address manually.

Thanked by 1nexmark

We actually have 100gbit filtering available in Vegas as well.

We've not really announced it, mostly just seeing how it holds up first :)

$6/IP/month.

Francisco

@GoodHosting I already repeated how OVH can only mitigate simple attacks and only on the network level. Stop it, really.

OVH has tanked pretty big floods for me on RBX, much more than 40k PPS.

I already mentioned other providers using specialized protection too, but the fact is he has just a TeamSpeak server and OVH would probably work like it does for the many kids running similar services (and doesn't for some others, yeah).

Francisco said: We actually have 100gbit filtering available in Vegas as well.

Interesting. From who/where?

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited December 2014

@Nyr said:

GoodHosting I already repeated how OVH can only mitigate simple attacks and only on the network level. Stop it, really.

OVH has tanked pretty big floods for me on RBX, much more than 40k PPS.

Interesting, in BHS it's a lot more of a joke. RBX must be a nice place to be OVH-wise.

@Francisco said:

We actually have 100gbit filtering available in Vegas as well.

$6/IP/month.

Thanked by 2PremiumN comXyz

Nyr said: Interesting. From who/where?

Backhauled from OVH like the pros

Voxility :P

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Are they still using that dreaded Fortinet system?

Francisco said: Voxility :P

Wow, that's a surprise.

If you can answer: do you have some extra gear on your end or all the job is up to Voxility?

edited December 2014

Nyr said: Wow, that's a surprise.

If you can answer: do you have some extra gear on your end or all the job is up to Voxility?

Vox for now. I'll likely get something in place for additional filtering in the off chance something leaks.

I know we're not the cheapest game in town but you'll be hard pressed to beat our feature list.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Cheapest game in town? We actually have 100gbit filtering available in Vegas as well.
    $6/IP/month.
    I don't how how cheaper that can get, that's a good deal already

@nexmark said:
    $6/IP/month._ I don't how how cheaper that can get, that's a good deal already

I mean overall, plans as well :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • Go with zare.co.uk, they use voxility and host in London. Voxility is hard to beat in term of ddos protection, while a simple ntp attack will take all the 20gbit ddos protection services down that you find here.

Thanked by 1edan