Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Free Hosting Panel for unmanaged VPS - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Free Hosting Panel for unmanaged VPS

Comments

• @icry said:
    Why are you telling that VestaCP is not good...wats the security issue in dat...???

Take a look at the code... Aside from the fact that the structure is quite special and there's not object to be found in there, there's not central, common, or maintainable sanitation in it. Just like with WHMCS and zpanel there will be security issues with it.

• dammuglydammugly Member
    edited December 2014

VESTACP SUCKS .. VESTACP IS SHIT

yeah i said that but i dont have any proof for it ..
    yea thats just my "opinion"

fuck i really dont know what the hell is wrong with vestacp guys to be making aproduct which NO ONE likes or wants .. what the fuck is wrong with them ..

EXCEPT one small tiny detail

they are the most proactive guys when it comes to bug reporting and fixing ( hell even more than the guys trying to get money out of kickstarter like campaigns )

so yeah .. like everyone is saying .. go with the horde .. dont use vestacp
    well unless you want to think for yourself , evaluate pros and cons , and if there are issues , be willing to give them time to fix it .

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • There are posts sat on their forum going unanswered (bugs). There's spam being posted on their board from before xmas. Seriously contemplating ditching it as it seems (IMO) to be dying.

edited December 2014

there are posts sat on their forum going unanswered

yeah how can i make apple pie :)

(bugs)

please post here

There's spam being posted on their board from before xmas

and which board does not have it ? hell i am sure i read someones complaint here about that

Seriously contemplating ditching it as it seems (IMO) to be dying.

yep do that

thanx all

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited December 2014

dammugly said: yeah how can i make apple pie :)

LET gets more and more weird every day :|

edited December 2014

@hostnoob ..sorry guy i am just too old to understand some of these memes
    but what i know is
    threat/issue was reported to them and within 12 hours i had a fix ..

again .. like i have said previously , i dont own vestacp . or have stock in them i i just happen to like the interface .

but i think it would behoove us to treat them as fairly as we would , any other panel ( even if it was bloated as fuck .. cough cough )

• Centos webpanel seems also good

• @dammugly said:
    thanx all

The bug that clustering DNS doesn't sync soa or changes made between servers when changes are made. And even with others saying they get the same problem and a bug posted is still not responded to.

The one where WHMCS module throws an error that was posted back in oct and a patch was put into place.. That doesn't work.

Re forum spam - they've since replied to other posts and left the spam there.

• webuzo

• Okay guys, but what's with panel easy to clients?
    I'm using now i-MSCP and it's good for me, but I need some more features sometimes, I need to set some things manually.

I have tried IspConfig and it's okay but for me, I'm preety sure that clients wouldn't do some DNS adding etc manually, but they need just simple things.

I've also tried Ajenti and there's the same problem as above.

Does any good solution in that case even exists? I need something powerful for me as admin/reseller, but simple for client, he must not care about all those DNS things but simply add some domain, set DNSes at registrar, add mail etc.

• I'd recommend Webuzo. Easy to install, configure everything in a simple gui, free but when you need more from a panel paid $2.5 a month will be worth it.

• @dammugly said:
    VESTACP SUCKS .. VESTACP IS SHIT

yeah i said that but i dont have any proof for it ..
    yea thats just my "opinion"

fuck i really dont know what the hell is wrong with vestacp guys to be making aproduct which NO ONE likes or wants .. what the fuck is wrong with them ..

EXCEPT one small tiny detail

they are the most proactive guys when it comes to bug reporting and fixing ( hell even more than the guys trying to get money out of kickstarter like campaigns )

so yeah .. like everyone is saying .. go with the horde .. dont use vestacp
    well unless you want to think for yourself , evaluate pros and cons , and if there are issues , be willing to give them time to fix it .

I am thinking of providing my clients...an affordable high quality hosting..SO I cant afford cpanel coz they are gonna pay me pennies....So I need a free one ...Based on all the comments...I think Vesta Cp would be the best and the most recommended
    Still thread is open for suggestions

• In Russia, panel buys you.

Have not found a panel for anything that I like.

• It seems from the above posts that using no panel and manual config is the best!

• @linuxthefish said:
    It seems from the above posts that using no panel and manual config is the best!

Yes...I do agree with you...But my clients will expect ease of use...!!!

• kloxo is really unsafe. webmin and virtualmin is good but what i would do is setup the server i.e mail, web, whatever, and once done stop the service. You not only save memory but if there's a vulnerability you're *min is off

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

Id say go with DirectAdmin. They offer a one time paid license.

• @bashed said:
    kloxo is really unsafe.

More explain please.

Thanked by 1linuxglobe
  • mustafaramadhan said: More explain please.

I read it gets hacked frequently. Don't know any specifics.

• I might be way off here. If you were simply looking to start a webhosting company, i would say ISP Config. If you were looking for simply a panel to manage your VPS then the suggestions above are great :D

• I would recommend VestaCP, been using it for a while, and it's quite good.

• Ajenti looks good. But it is mostly in beta

• @mashokk369 said:
    Ajenti

Its more a system overview/summary isn't it?

• Ispconfig is great for production. It works great on BSD too.

• @wych said:
    Its more a system overview/summary isn't it?

yes, with web/mail+db servers thrown in

• kloxo had too many serious vulnerabilities and the devs either due to manpower or time or what, couldnt get patches out faster leaving.

i just do everything manually, bt ill try ispconfig again. I tried it b4, it wasnt that great. webmin is okay, or virtualmin. ill use it, add stuff, and turn the script off to save memory.

cpanel is still king to me though

• @bashed said:
    kloxo had too many serious vulnerabilities and the devs either due to manpower or time or what, couldnt get patches out faster leaving.

i just do everything manually, bt ill try ispconfig again. I tried it b4, it wasnt that great. webmin is okay, or virtualmin. ill use it, add stuff, and turn the script off to save memory.

cpanel is still king to me though

Kloxo-Mr has a different developer that the normal project.

Thanked by 1mustafaramadhan
  • I would have to say Virtualmin hands down. Nothing else comes close imho.

• smansman Member
    edited February 2015

@blue_sky said:
    Webmin or Virtualmin

They are the same thing. Virtualmin requires Webmin and is basically an addon with Hosting GUI features. I don't even bother just installing Webmin anymore. Virtualmin installer takes care of that and gives me additional features.

It's one of the most underrated applications out there imho. Probably because the GUI isn't as pretty as it could be. It's very functional though.

The thing I like the most about it is that they do no try re-invent linux like cPanel and others try do. You can continue to do a lot of things directly in the config files or the GUI or both.

• Hello ,

Kloxo and Webmin is best for you .

regards;