Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Free Hosting Panel for unmanaged VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Free Hosting Panel for unmanaged VPS

Comments

• try centos web panel http://centos-webpanel.com/

• For me Webmin/Virtualmin.

• @icry said:
    Friends...Can you suggest me a good hosting panel which is free and has features of cpanel [Enough if not all] for unmanged VPS

zpanel、vestacp、ajenti.....
    like your blog template,very nice~~~

• @gorengo .. the demo site for virtualmin seems to be down .. how involved is setting it up ?

• Was using virtualmin but now i use centminmod & i'm much comfortable with it now :)

• I have been using Webuzo for quite some time. It's from the softaculous guys. The closest FREE alternative to cpanel I could find.

• serverguyserverguy Member
    edited June 2015

I just created an account on SHILL REMOVED. Looks nice. I don't know that it fits your requirements but I recommend it as its different & easier than Cpanel.

• ittigerittiger Member
    edited December 2014

@NeoGen said:

How good is centos-webpanel in comparison to virtualmin?

centminmod is OS specific i.e. Centos or Fedora whereas Virtualmin can be installed using different OS's. Personally I prefer Debian but do use Centos on some servers so from that point of view, I consider Virtualmin better. It is also easy to install and gives IPV6 support out of the box.

All these control panels can be installed on a spare PC/Laptop or in a virtualbox so I would suggest giving them a tester at home to see which one you prefer before installing on the VPS.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I find Kloxo-MR to be reliable as a free control panel.

• gorengogorengo Member
    edited December 2014

@dammugly said:
    gorengo .. the demo site for virtualmin seems to be down .. how involved is setting it up ?

At my end it seems to be online.

https://www.virtualmin.com/demo

• use ZPANEL. ;)

• Would recommend Webuzo, but absolutely not zPanel.

• ittiger said: I used DTC (Domain Technologie Control) for ages. Loved the concept and it was the only free Control Panel I could find that included a billing function. But it wasn't always stable. Would be fine for months then would keep crashing and requiring server reboots to get it going again.

It is one of the best, setting it up is not as easy (similar to ISPConfig), and IMHO it needs new skin :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm a big fan of VestaCP. Maybe the code looks like a mess to a coder, but to an administrator like me it seems very well kept and logical. Security flaws have existed like any other system. They are always addressed when the developer is made aware.

• Webmin/Virtualmin works good on me..

• I use VestaCP. But Ajentis anybody?

• Webmin or Virtualmin

• Ajenti, because it doesn't mess with the config files, so you can edit things manually too and also use existing config files. Furthermore it has an appealing interface.

• @M66B said:
    Ajenti, because it doesn't mess with the config files, so you can edit things manually too and also use existing config files. Furthermore it has an appealing interface.

I tried it, its pretty awesome actually!

• Virtualmin +1

Thanked by 1mohsengham
  • Ispconfig 3 is the BEAST. Does almost everything cpanel does. Good with debian also and has an auto install script..

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • ad0ad0 Member
    edited December 2014

Best free for personal use is Webuzo
    it has Nginx, Apache, mysql, good graphic interface, uses less resources

Ajenti has to much bugs

Zpanel does not have Nginx

Vestacp for web hosting sellers

• Virtualmin, VestaCP both are good.

• NeoGen said: How good is centos-webpanel in comparison to virtualmin?

because there are many module that can help my needs, e.g. shoutcast module, cpanel migration user. for ram, it's enough used about 140 MB in my vps

• VestaCP is the best. Running it perfectly on my home server with 512MB Ram

• LeeLee Veteran

I still like Vesta but I keep seeing more and more issues with it. Saw this comment on WHT earlier.

"For quite some time now, I've been hesitant about VestaCP OVZ containers, with the main concern being the flawed backup system which has tendency to go out of control causing spikes in CPU usage. I've spoken to other providers who have observed this exact same problem as well. I know several problems here ban the use of certain control panels (e.g. zpanel, kloxo) due to various security issues. "

• Please, no more VestaCP. It's a security disaster waiting to happen. The way that code is set up... Boy... I've seen people being fired for less.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the author's effort, though. It's just not something I'd recommend people to use in a production environment.

• mpkossen said: Please, no more VestaCP. It's a security disaster waiting to happen.

Please, ZPanel is only worse.

• @mpkossen said:
    Please, no more VestaCP. It's a security disaster waiting to happen. The way that code is set up... Boy... I've seen people being fired for less.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the author's effort, though. It's just not something I'd recommend people to use in a production environment.

Why are you telling that VestaCP is not good...wats the security issue in dat...???

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

+1 vestaCP