Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Free Web Hosting Panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Free Web Hosting Panel

Some dummy Screenshots of Panel:

Today I saw this thread:http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/38849/make-a-vestacp-theme-public-offer-250-to-the-winner
@dammugly

I realized, we have good web panels but nothing as compared to Cpanel. I think( My Opinion ) VestaCp is the only panel which can be used as an alternative; but most of the people don't like it's design, so I decided to mod it, and make a control panel based on it.

The panel will have it's separate directory ( https://yourip.com:8083/clients ) , it will use VestaCp's functions directly, so it will be just a front end, I will not change a single line in Backend. You will be able to update Vesta and all other services without any problem, and you will still be able to use VestaCp orignal panel.

About Security:
It will be as secure as VestaCp, because I will use all functions directly from "VESTA_CMD", and I will take special care of security in development. Although the code will be available online, so you will be able to do security audits.

New Features:
I am thinking to implement following features:

1) Really easy Theming Engine.
2) Automatic Scripts Installer (Using ftp)
3) Automatic Login to services like Phpmyadmin, Roundcube etc.
3) Some other interesting features.
Free free to suggest new features, I will surely try to implement them.

Development of this project depends on your reviews, and sorry for my bad English :P.

Development of Project
  1. Should I work on this idea.110 votes
    1. Yes
      89.09%
    2. No, it's worthless.
      10.91%

Comments

• This is always a tricky thing, the problem is you need to be committed and maintain it. Everybody says they are and will, but 99% of the time these types of projects go dark shortly after inception.

My suggestion would to get a team together and hash out a plan to keep the project alive. It's hard to expect people to start using this without some indication of project longevity.

• @Microlinux thank you for your suggestion.
    If I start this project, I will surely consider longevity before starting.

The panel will be just like another front-end for VestaCp, so you will still get all updates from vesta too, also it will use MVC framework, so any provider will be able to easily make a custom panel on top of it.

• LeeLee Veteran

It's a good idea, I like it, assuming you are not going to charge for it I would suggest a GIT project so at least you can get input and the project can develop.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Microlinux said: the problem is you need to be committed and maintain it.

HammadKhan said: If I start this project,

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308 said: Microlinux said: the problem is you need to be committed and maintain it.

HammadKhan said: If I start this project,

Obviously I am committed, but I can't start a project, if no one needs it.

W1V_Lee said: It's a good idea, I like it, assuming you are not going to charge for it I would suggest a GIT project so at least you can get input and the project can develop.

Yes, it will be completely free. I will surely make a GIT project.

• Thank you for positive responsive, I will start working on this panel soon, feel free to give your suggestions.

• Good work!
    Try to include Linux-Dash or some other "out of the box" Server monitoring tool. Will come out to be handy!

• mehargags said: Good work! Try to include Linux-Dash or some other "out of the box" Server monitoring tool. Will come out to be handy!

Look good, thanks for the suggestion.

I will try to implement a module/plugin system through which you will be able to install it.

• That is amazing! I love it! As long as it is maintained and updated, it will perfect!

Also I would suggest adding more color options. I would love to see an orange and green option!

Thanked by 1HammadKhan
  • Really great work. Hope you keep working on it and it does not disappear or to be discontinued

• NumaPlay said: That is amazing! I love it! As long as it is maintained and updated, it will perfect!

Also I would suggest adding more color options. I would love to see an orange and green option!

Thanks for the appreciation, this is only 1 theme, other themes can be developed easily.

I am not sure about green, but I will surely make one theme with orange color.

DreamCaster said: Really great work. Hope you keep working on it and it does not disappear or to be discontinued

Thank you, I will take little longer in development, but I will make it easier to maintain.

• Microlinux said: This is always a tricky thing, the problem is you need to be committed and maintain it. Everybody says they are and will, but 99% of the time these types of projects go dark shortly after inception.

unless profitable

• Is it possible to just contribute directly to vestacp?

• jcaleb said: Is it possible to just contribute directly to vestacp?

It is possible, but you will need work on whole source just to implement the theming engine, and you will lose your all modifications in vestacp updates.

If you are interested, I can send you some files of vestacp, so you can understand, how it works.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • How's it going?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@HammadKhan do you have a skype or email where I can contact you ?

• IMHO, VestaCP cannot be a competitor for CPanel. Vesta is a limited function panel, not mature in any way, good only for personal hosting.
    There are other panels that with a better gui could be equal or, even better than CPanel. The two I would vote for is VIrtualmin and mostly ispconfig (more client friently).
    So, a better GUI for vesta would be nice, but just for the target group this panel can get...

• cassacassa Member

I'm actually working on something like this too. The VestaCP API is great :D

Good luck!

• I don't use a control panel, but that looks amazing. Good job.

• earlearl Member

Anyone know how you make something like that? Is it just Photoshop / Dreamweaver?

Also proxmox anyone know what they use to create the UI?

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • earl said: Also proxmox anyone know what they use to create the UI?

If you go to the code... apparently some of this

http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/#overview

Thanked by 1earl