Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost - Opinions?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost - Opinions?

I wish to know more about this before I buy.
What was your experience with GreenValueHost.com and how is their support?
Thank you for your understanding.

Comments

• @default Are You serious?

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited December 2014

Just search the forums here and at WHT.

What's your budget and what specs/location are you after? There may be plenty of good alternatives.

• OK. Thanks. Got the idea :)

• I suggest you find another host.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @Mun said:
    I suggest you find another host.

Did they ever take down that hourly dd script that was running?

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Where's that "X days since GVH thread" image at?

• Another "avoid" vote. There's better providers out there for a comparable price.

• @TheCTS said:
    Did they ever take down that hourly dd script that was running?

The service was terminated for not having pure intentions.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • edited December 2014

staff "You are not allowed to install software"

client "So what can I do"

staff "Watching it go up and down, its just like a roller coaster"

Thanked by 3jimmy samczsun netomx
  • LMAO! God, this thread is funny. Either way, view threads about GreenValueHost here, WHT and possibly even VPSBoard and you'll beable to make your decision from there.

Thanked by 1dualityserver
  • Speaking of GVH, I canceled my service with them a long time ago (as in close to 9 months now). I still get promotional emails from them once in a while, last one being three days ago-- entirely my fault because I've been too lazy to figure out how to unsubscribe.

The email did serve as a reminder to unsubscribe from them once and for all, but I wasn't able to because this is what I found at the bottom of the email:

Want to unsubscribe from our marketing emails? Please visit: {unsubscribe_url|

Then I tried to log into the client area in hopes that I can unsubscribe there and none of my password attempts worked. No biggie, maybe I just forgot what I set as my password for that particular account. Requested a password reset, never received an email.

tl;dr: Avoid.

• XFS_DukeXFS_Duke Member
    edited December 2014

hellogoodbye said: No biggie, maybe I just forgot what I set as my password for that particular account. Requested a password reset, never received an email.

Could of been some issues with the mail server or on your end. For some reason I see that alot lately from some providers. Not sure what the complete issues are since I have no relation to any of them, but have you checked the spam folder and such? Also, your account may be deactivated but I believe you should still get an email. Not sure. What's your GVH email address maybe someone from GVH is around that can look it up for you? This is specifically just to get your email address unsubscribed from their mailing list.

• I personally suggest you to choose ramnode. they are more then professional and reliable also they have expert team. Stay away from GVH.

• @XFS_Duke said:
    Could of been some issues with the mail server or on your end. For some reason I see that alot lately from some providers. Not sure what the complete issues are since I have no relation to any of them, but have you checked the spam folder and such? Also, your account may be deactivated but I believe you should still get an email. Not sure. What's your GVH email address maybe someone from GVH is around that can look it up for you? This is specifically just to get your email address unsubscribed from their mailing list.

It's the first place I check but there's nothing from GVH in my spam folder.

• I don't remember where I read this cool quote:

"If you want to cheapest and offline VPS, go with GVH. If you want the cheapest and online VPS but not work, go with CVPS"

@default stay away from them.

Thanked by 3ATHK raindog308 soda
  • The only reason to go with GVH is .. to see how bad they really are for yourself.

Apart from that I suggest not touching them with a 100 ft poll.

Inb4 Jon threatens OP for making a post.

• Thank you again all.

• If you really want my honest opinion, I think GVH is.... shit... an abomination to the hosting industry.... actually there is no words to describe it.

So firstly I saw their amazing offers listed on Webhostingtalk at the time. I almost thought it was too good to be true because of the high resources, cheap IPs and the fact that they also accept bitcoin. You may be thinking that I'm just one of those shady fellas that deal drugs to little children, although I didn't have a paypal account at the time so bitcoin was my best bet as I had a few cents left. Being over excited at the amazing offers, I failed to look at their AMAZING reviews pretty much on every site that has ever had a hosting review. I smashed through the checkout at the speed of light and then paid using bitcoin. Being late at night, I had my milk and cookies and went to bed. I was shocked when I woke up because my VPS with 3 extra IPs hadn't been set up yet. I waited ferociously for another couple of hours before I decided to log into my account and check what had happened. So, they cancelled my order with no notice and I wasn't even told why. Time to fast forward a bit, because this is a bit of a wait:

-> Same day: Sent a ticket asking what was going down.
    -> 2 days later: Got a reply and apparently I was marked as fraud but it didn't tell me and this was the only site I'd ever been marked as fraud, but OK.
    -> That day: I reply with all of my information to confirm that I am who I say I am.
    -> A day later: I get a reply asking for justification of the IPs
    -> That day: I reply with my solid justification
    -> A day later: VPS setup but the VPS information wasn't sent to me
    -> That day: I sent a ticket asking what was up because I hadn't received an email but it told me the VPS was active.
    -> A day later: The guy told me to view my mailbox in whmcs (Note: Nothing was there)
    -> That day: I messaged him back telling him there was nothing there.
    -> That day: He messaged me back giving me a link
    -> The next day: I messaged him back again telling him there was nothing there.
    -> The same day: Finally he decided to send another email with my VPS information.

So at this point I was pretty fucked off and just wanted to get cracking on my VPS. A yum update took a good couple hours and the VPS is comparable to the last dump I took in the toilet. I was not going to give up although I only spent $3 on this VPS, so I installed all the software I needed and went to bed. The next few days I couldn't access the VPS at all, so I threw in the towel and gave up on this shithole of a company.

Things I would rather do then sign up with GVH again:

1. Have a goat shit in my mouth all day.
    2. Slide my hand into a garbage compressor
    3. Smash my head on a brick wall for 24 hours of the day.
    4. Anything that involves extreme pain because that's what I went through with this lovely web host.
  • If you create a ticket with the goat, he'll also shit in your mouth tomorrow. Very amusing review, thank you.

• If you're going to sign up at GVH, you must have some kind of tention killer tablets with you, because you will have tention for longer period.

• This is the only host I have seen in this market that doesn't welcome new business.

Look at WHT they get daily reviews and daily he turns down new business.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I never use GVH but If you are going to use their service then first monitor their server or few websites which is hosted by them for a 1 week and If uptime is good then also test customer support response time then chose them.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2014

Hihi... That thread. In this forum.

• Why people keep buying shit ?

• @cece said:
    Why people keep buying shit ?

Thanked by 1vladka24
  • They are one of the greatest providers I every encountered!

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • Their Dedicated Servers are quite good, but VPS quality varies.

• webcraft said: Their Dedicated Servers are quite good,

They just resell dedicated servers from Hudson Valley Host, who used to be quite good until they got swallowed up by CC.