Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1TB seedbox VPS needed. Any low cost offers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1TB seedbox VPS needed. Any low cost offers?

DevilDevil Member
edited December 2014 in General

A colleague needs it. She didn't tell me much, just that she would need ~1TB disk space and doesn't need much CPU/RAM. She'll purely use it as seedbox. (She's from non-technical background)

(I personally have a KS-2 seedbox dedi and a DrServer backup VPS but she said most of the non-disk resources would go unused on such boxes. So I guess she is looking for a pure seedbox VPS. I'll ask her budget though)

Could you please list your lowest offers if any?

Comments

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited December 2014

-snip-

• emdademdad Member
    edited December 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    We allow a LEGAL seedbox, in our Scranton or Montreal locations; here:

Our Latest Offer Thread

I don't see any high storage plan there, let alone 1 TB.

• @emdad said:
    I don't see any high storage plan there, let alone 1 TB.

Gah sorry, I read 1TB out of the thread title and thought he meant transfer.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited December 2014

I can do the following:

4 Cores

6GB RAM

1TB HDD

1 IPv4 address

2TB Transfer @ 1Gbit

$25/mth

• 1TB is gonna be expensive anyway...

If she is a non technical person something ready made can be quite good, isn't it?

https://www.feralhosting.com offers the following - I did hear that their network is pretty good:

£20 /month
    Netherlands
    1 TB storage
    10 Gbps
    8 TB traffic

A good deal on a dedi and you setting up something might be better (cheaper + dedicated IO & IP) though..

• 0xdragon said: I can do the following:

Thanks. I would let her know but considering she wanted something slimmer than KS-2 afa CPU/RAM goes she would want something cheaper and less than 6GB RAM or 4 cores.

• ben78 said: If she is a non technical person something ready made can be quite good, isn't it?

Yup. That's what I suggested her. I will try again. She said she wants to get a hang of Linux and all (which will mean me doing stuff for her :(). Actually she is into finance and I recently invited her to couple of private trackers and she loved the idea and wants to get into it.

Will definitely try to convince her again. Will save me a lot of trouble. (However that Feral plan would be over her budget)

1TB is gonna be expensive anyway

So isn't there an offer where the RAM/CPU are bare minimum and disk high? Something like VPSDime's storage plans (only that they throttle the shit out of tormenting).

• Devil said: Actually she is into finance

Devil said: that Feral plan would be over her budget

Come on...

;)

You might want to convince her to go for something smaller if she doesn't want to spend much on it.. (or a home based solution? raspberry pi or something?)

Devil said: So isn't there an offer where the RAM/CPU are bare minimum and disk high?

There are many storage offers but not everyone if allowing torrent + 1TB disk is huge... What's the maximum budget?

• @Devil said:

I guess I could do something. Let me go and see if I can clear any nodes :)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We can figure out something cheap but not with 6GB ram.

• @key900 said:
    We can figure out something cheap but not with 6GB ram.

of course she doesnt want 6GB RAM. she wants 1TB storage HDD and unmetered bandwidth. 512MB RAM is fine with any seedbox

• I think KS-2 is cheapest.

• Sorry for going off topic but lmao, it seems like you have a thing for her...
    But anyway vpsdime or backupsy? Im not too sure if they allow torrents

• If you need so i can give my online.net 4814 server.

You can check details here : www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-limited4814

Price : €19.99/month (Actual) + €2/month

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited December 2014

Come on, KS-2 (9,99€) for real unmetered 100mbit and 1tb HDD is great. Especially when you consider, that most seeders on private trackers are on OVH or Leaseweb boxes anyway. In addition you have your very own ressources, so nobody will complain if you are using disk i/o 24/7.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

chrisp said: and 1tb HDD is great. Especially when you consider

...that many people actually get a 2TB HDD on that model (see the Kimsufi thread).

• ben78 said: What's the maximum budget?

I asked my friend and she said like ~$7-10 a month. Told her not gonna happen.

• key900 said: something cheap

How cheap?

but not with 6GB ram

Yeah, don't need 6GB anyway.

• TriDoxiuM said: you have a thing for her

She is a very good friend and a colleague and no I am not hitting on her, neither is she.

Even though I am a coder I am not very good with servers and admin stuff (it's just my patience) so I would get to learn more if I screw with servers more.

vpsdime or backupsy

VPSDime storage servesr are almost in her range but

1. They don't really allow torrents (they do but is throttled)
    2. Even that has CPU/RAM overkills.
  • PulseHeberg has some cheap storage plans

• newbiemasih said: why vps?

Because seedbox slots for 1TB will definitely overshoot her budget.

• chrisp said: Come on, KS-2 (9,99€) for real unmetered 100mbit and 1tb HDD is great.

Yeah, I use it. I will ask her to up her budget, or be content with KS-2 or gtfo :-)

She wants the 1TB dedi/vps/seedbox to not cross $8-9 which I don't think is possible :(

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Devil said:
    I asked my friend and she said like ~$7-10 a month. Told her not gonna happen.

Guess you have to tell your friend to come back and live in the real world.

When it comes to seedboxes I usually point people to https://seed.st
    Ready made solutions, no setup for tje user. Easy upload of torrents and easy download.

• cassa said: PulseHeberg

Can you please share the English link? Is it a reseller or VPS provider?

• Tell her to increase her budget and get the KS-2, otherwise tell her to get the KS-1/Dedibox from Online.net and deal with a 500GB HDD.

• Get the KS-2 . Split the disk with someone if the budget won't stretch to $12.5/m

• Would you consider a seedbox instead? Whatbox.ca offers 1.35 TiB for $25. I think that's a comparatively good price.

• @Devil said:
    2. Even that has CPU/RAM overkills.

I won't say VPSDime is overkill if you know you need to hash the files before seeding. Actually VPSDime is even insufficient when hashing large files. Expect hours on large ones, comparing to several minutes on a cheap dedi.

• kerouac said: Whatbox.ca offers 1.35 TiB for $25

If it was even 750-1000GB @ ~$10 it was good. Anyway thanks.