Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[not working solution] 5 year WildCard SSL for 0.1BTC (~37usd) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[not working solution] 5 year WildCard SSL for 0.1BTC (~37usd)

Comments

• Hm quick question before buying it..., I never used a Wildcard SSL Cert before but am I right that I can change IP and/or domain name (via this site) at 'any time'?

(I don't want to make a mistake :/)

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited December 2014

@TheLonely: The IP doesn't matter, but you can't change the domain after you've got the certificate. It will be issued for:

• yourdomain.com
    • *.yourdomain.com

So if you should ever want to use "anotherdomain.com", you'll have to buy it again. Wildcard just means that all subdomains are valid, eg:

• mail.yourdomain.com
    • www.yourdomain.com
    • whatever.yourdomain.com
    Thanked by 1TheLonely
  • @ranpha said:
    The price can go even lower if you buy the serial number at sslcertificate.cn's taobao page at 200 yuan or about USD32.

Even cheaper! holy cow

• I am wondering if this thread will turn into a complain thread after one year when everybody has to renew his certificate.

• @M66B said:
    I am wondering if this thread will turn into a complain thread after one year when everybody has to renew his certificate.

5 years*

LET will be long gone by then.

• @socials said:
    LET will be long gone by then.

I don't think so, because SSL certificates always have to be renewed yearly as far as I know.

• @M66B: Why should that matter? Now I went from 60$/year (StartSSL) to 40$/5y. And when the certificate has expired, I'll just grab another offer

• @NeoXiD said:
    M66B: Why should that matter? Now I went from 60$/year (StartSSL) to 40$/5y. And when the certificate has expired, I'll just grab another offer

Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I can imagine it will matter to others, since they didn't get what they expected to get.

• @M66B: Didn't see your newest post when answering. No, the certificate is valid for 5 years, so until 2019. No renewals or anything needed.

• @M66B said:
    I don't think so, because SSL certificates always have to be renewed yearly as far as I know.

For You......

Thanked by 2M66B twiigl
  • @emdad said:

And that is how you end a discussion, thanks @emdad

• Is the site broken for everybody else too?

http://i.imgur.com/Vl9FzSw.png

• @drazilox said:
    Is the site broken for everybody else too?

http://i.imgur.com/Vl9FzSw.png

It's fine on my side, check it with a proxy or vpn

• Sorry to bump this, but can anyone buy this for me using Alipay and I'll send them money on PayPal in return?

• @0xdragon said:
    Sorry to bump this, but can anyone buy this for me using Alipay and I'll send them money on PayPal in return?

I can do this, feel free to PM me the details.

• I have a quick question before I head to purchase a Wild Card SSL...
    is a Wild Card SSL **NOT **dependent on an IP address ? Can I use it with a Shared IP ?

I have a VPS with a single IP which hosts around 12 domains, one of sites needs to be SSL secured. I'm told by the hosting that I need a separate dedicated IP for a "Geo Trust SSL certificate" which is NOT a wild card.

Please educate me... If I get a wildcard Cert, can I use it with this single shared IP ?

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited December 2014

@mehargags: Certificates are usually not bound to IP addresses, so you can use multiple of them with a single shared IP. There are some gotchas though - you require SNI which is for example not supported by Java 6 and WinXP.

You are talking about A SINGLE ssl site though, so you don't even need SNI. Because, think about it, it's the only site which needs to run on port 443 (HTTPS) --> dedicated IP, kinda.

EDIT: If someone should intentionally try to open another domain with HTTPS, he'll get a certificate warning though, as the wildcard isn't valid for that domain.

• Thanks @NeoXiD,
    Yes thats why I came here to clear my thought... if (presumably) this is the only site to run on https 443, I won't need a separate IP.

Thanks.. and I also get your point on Cert. Warnin for any other domain on https... which isn't going to be the case as I won't need another SSL site on this VPS atleast.

Thanked by 1BAKA
  • I have requested the SSL, with BitCoin and it did not go smoothly, but it worked!

I had to mail them, because the certificate mail was not sent, but got respons within 12 hours ( time difference between China and Europe )

So if they would create an English version of the site, I would really recommend it.

• Well the site is dead and they're not responding to emails. Looks like they've done a runner with my bitcoins...

• mcharga3000 said: Well the site is dead and they're not responding to emails. Looks like they've done a runner with my bitcoins...

Loads fine to me.

If they do not respond to your emails, you could try to send message to @xoxo.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2014

mcharga3000 said: the site is dead

It does load if you use www.

• @mcharga3000 said:
    Well the site is dead and they're not responding to emails. Looks like they've done a runner with my bitcoins...

We have some dns resolve issue found with the dns provider.... trying to fix....

• @mcharga3000 said:
    Well the site is dead and they're not responding to emails. Looks like they've done a runner with my bitcoins...

By the way, your bitcoin transaction hash is?

• mcharga3000mcharga3000 Member
    edited December 2014

@xoxo said:

I've messaged you

• I'm pretty sure they have the same pricing as Arvixe and a few other bigger companies where they pay in a lot of money and they get unlimited SSL's. Sorta like SingleHop? Can't remember if they do that too... But yea, that's how they keep them so cheap but $37 for 5 years price is nuts... lol... Are you guys that bought them able to reissue the SSL if you needed to?

• @XFS_Duke: As far as I know (might be wrong), reissueing is not possible. I never had to do that though, so it's fine for me.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited December 2014

I notice that a lot are concerned about re-issuing? Why do you need to re-issue if the cert is not ip bound?

• Losing private keys.

@deadbeef said:
    I notice that a lot are concerned about re-issuing? Why do you need to re-issue if the cert is not ip bound?

• @deadbeef said:

If you change domain.

This discussion has been closed.