Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[not working solution] 5 year WildCard SSL for 0.1BTC (~37usd) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[not working solution] 5 year WildCard SSL for 0.1BTC (~37usd)

Comments

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    This seems quite a bit sketchy.

Pretty sure it's run by someone on LET though.

• isslissl Member
    edited December 2014

@emdad said:

Yes, have you paid ?

I don't quite familiar with their process.

Please write to me: [email protected]. And tell me your whole process. I can help you forward your email to them.

Hopefully they will fix your issue soon.

• FelipeFelipe Member
    edited December 2014

@Jonchun said:
    Pretty sure it's run by someone on LET though.

I'm not sure but I belive is ran by the Chinese goverment (because they used to have another website and now is redirected to gov.cn, I think it was ssl.so), and the low price is because this WildCard SSL is meant to Chinese websites and therefore the price is lowered by the tax revenue from the ICP Licenses.

Edit: I do not know if this is true or not, just thinking in a logic way, maybe I'm wrong.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Felipe said:
    maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, you are. But hey, great imagination!

• This still seems fairly sketchy, especially when coupled with the people saying that they haven't recieved their ssl certs yet.

• @Nyr said:
    Yes, you are. But hey, great imagination!

Hahaha thanks :D

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited December 2014

@Felipe said:
    Edit: I do not know if this is true or not, just thinking in a logic way, maybe I'm wrong.

The CA (Globalsign) isn't run by the Chinese but by the US of A lol..if you think they are safer...

And ssl.so is a domain and a domain can be redirected to any other domain, may be you should tell them to redirect to whitehouse.gov if that makes you feel safer? :)

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    This still seems fairly sketchy, especially when coupled with the people saying that they haven't recieved their ssl certs yet.

Can't comment about the others but I got mine, had some issues getting the domain verification email but the guy seems willing to respond to email and told me what to do to get GlobalSign to verify my domain.

Try email support AT issl.asia, took them several hours to reply but the verification is indeed done with GlobalSign and the certs were issued in a few minutes.

• @zhuanyi said:

Well then maybe they have a partnership with GlobalSign, that may explain the low prices based on my theory

• @issl said:

Sorry was waiting for the confirmation from circle.com. According to blockchain it seems like they received the money and transferred it right away. Sent you details in mail. Please check if you received the mail.

• @emdad said:
    Sorry was waiting for the confirmation from circle.com. According to blockchain it seems like they received the money and transferred it right away. Sent you details in mail. Please check if you received the mail.

Yes, I just forwarded your email to them, I believe you will be replied soon.

Thanked by 1emdad
  • @issl said:

Yup they contacted me already. Thanks a lot for the help. You rock :)

• tommytommy Member
    edited December 2014

gaapps.com = issl.asia ;D

why you create 2 different account here?
    ISSL.ASIA

Domain Name:ISSL.ASIA
    Registrant ID:niceasia-482336
    Registrant Name:xxxxxx
    Registrant Organization:xxxxxx
    Registrant Address:xxxxxx
    Registrant Address2:
    Registrant Address3:
    Registrant City:XiAn
    Registrant State/Province:SX
    Registrant Country/Economy:CN
    Registrant Postal Code:710075
    Registrant Phone:xxxxxx
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant FAX:xxxxxx
    Registrant FAX Ext.:
    Registrant E-mail:xxxxxx

gaapps.com

Registry Registrant ID: 
    Registrant Name: Neil
    Registrant Organization: Neil
    Registrant Street: xxxxxx   
    Registrant City: XA
    Registrant State/Province: xxxxxx
    Registrant Postal Code: xxxxxx
    Registrant Country: CN
    Registrant Phone: +86.xxxxxx
    Registrant Phone Ext: 
    Registrant Fax: 
    Registrant Fax Ext: 
    Registrant Email: xxxxxx
    Registry Admin ID:

edit

• @tommy said:

ISSL.ASIA

Public secret !!!!!

Why not?

• edited December 2014

@tommy said:

ISSL.ASIA
    [SNIP whois]

And now it looks even sketchier than it was before.

• @Void_Whisperer said:

What sketchier? why sketchier?

issl.asia == gaapps but we are not sslcertificate.cn

Don't be so fussily. Make it clear before you say anything. ok?

• @tommy

BTW, can you please do me a favor remove the whois contact info? I don't want search engine grub that.

• @Void_Whisperer said:

We used to sell serial number of sslcertificate.cn, so we have a guide on our site gaapps.com. The is why the @Felipe mentioned our site in his original post.

however now, we have our own system, issl.asia, so we remove the guide on gaapps, and redirect to our own site issl.asia.

This is the whole story. we are not sslcertificate.cn. (we don't sell ssl for bitcoin.)

Is that clear?

• @issl said:
    BTW, can you please do me a favor remove the whois contact info? I don't want search engine grub that.

The whois info is public.
    If you do care your privacy, go get some whois protect product.

• @issl said:

you might want to fix the address in your public whois, the street address is obviously fake and the name and organization are fake as well.

Oh...and the phone number....

You use too many fake info, not going to help to establish trust for you here.

• I can vouch for the credibility of sslcertificate.cn , awesome guys ! Got multiple certs from them when it was under $10. The process was smooth though back then the verification happened through a dns txt record.

• dj1812dj1812 Member
    edited December 2014

I found this interesting - Check out https://www.ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php

Wildcard ssl - 1 year price = $42

Wildcard ssl - 5 years price = $36 (180/5)

I am not sure that they accept botcoin or not, I found price in USD.

• As some people were quite unsure about it, here's my review: This morning I tried to buy a certificate from sslcertificate.cn. After paying the bitcoins, the payment didn't automatically finish. That might also been have my fault though, as my client always sends more BTC than needed to other addresses in the same transaction to obfuscate things.

Anyways, I dropped an email to issl.asia and they've forwarded my help request to sslcertificate.cn. About 4 hours later, I've got an email as was able to request my wildcard certificate.

So, if anyone's looking for a really cheap wildcard SSL - go for it!

• Yup, my problem was resolved too within 10 min of issl forwarding my mail to them :)

• The price can go even lower if you buy the serial number at sslcertificate.cn's taobao page at 200 yuan or about USD32.

• @ranpha said:
    The price can go even lower if you buy the serial number at sslcertificate.cn's taobao page at 200 yuan or about USD32.

Would that work with PayPal?

• Usually Alipay, except if you use proxy.

• leisudengleisudeng Member
    edited December 2014

@TheLonely said:

is alipay (‾◡◝)

• Well then I'll be buying some more BTC...
    I see it as an investment :p

• @dj1812 said:
    I found this interesting - Check out https://www.ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php

Wildcard ssl - 1 year price = $42

Wildcard ssl - 5 years price = $36 (180/5)

I am not sure that they accept botcoin or not, I found price in USD.

Sslcertificate wildcard SSL 5 years less than $36

This discussion has been closed.