Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need an affordable VPS for Game server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need an affordable VPS for Game server

I am looking for the best option for hosting an insurgency server or two. They would be co-op servers with 8 slots, but 50 bots or so. I have tried vpsdime and it sometimes spikes during a round start or randomly sometimes so I am looking for another solution.
North America Location required. Nothing more than $20 please for vpses.

Comments

• I would also be interested in getting a dedi for game servers if its around $40. 1gbit port is a must. This would be a replacement to what I have now, 2 vpses and a kimsufi server.

• Check our latest LEB posting at http://lowendbox.com/blog/tragicservers-256mb-for-10year-1gb-for-21year-and-more-in-dallas-and-la/

We also offer standalone game servers if that's something you're interested in.

Roilan

• Try RamNode?

• I've 2 Insurgency servers with Colorhost. No problems at all. :)

Thanked by 1Colorhost
  • Have been with tragicservers for a few days and am happy (stable ping, etc). Would not recommend anything from OVH (soyoustart is from them) because their support will not help you if anything is broken.

• @4n0nx said:
    Have been with tragicservers for a few days and am happy (stable ping, etc). Would not recommend anything from OVH (soyoustart is from them) because their support will not help you if anything is broken.

So you wouldn't recommend them because their support won't help? Well, uhh why do you think its so cheap. You can't expect quality support from a cheap dedicated server

• camjac251 said: So you wouldn't recommend them because their support won't help? Well, uhh why do you think its so cheap. You can't expect quality support from a cheap dedicated server

I don't even need quality support, I just need the server to work (OVH has not fixed my rDNS for 2 weeks now). Oneprovider, a reseller, provides decent support. Also very cheap.
    Tragicservers so far also seems to have great support.

• rDNS is something that you can do yourself on your panel. rDNS isnt a server breaking issue. Its more of a feature.

• @camjac251 said:
    rDNS is something that you can do yourself on your panel. rDNS isnt a server breaking issue. Its more of a feature.

So I thought,too. Yet it is not working. Hard drive breaks on Friday, response on Tuesday. Pls stop doubting my words.

• @4n0nx said:
    So I thought,too. Yet it is not working. Hard drive breaks on Friday, response on Tuesday. Pls stop doubting my words.

You really don't like ovh do you

• camjac251 said: You really don't like ovh do you

I liked them a lot and recommended them to everyone. I was with them for over 2 years, or maybe over 3 years?
    Great performance, and small price, but I need a working hard drive and working rDNS.

• camjac251camjac251 Member
    edited November 2014

@4n0nx said:
    I liked them a lot and recommended them to everyone.

Really?

@4n0nx said:
    Would not recommend anything from OVH (soyoustart is from them) because their support will not help you if anything is broken.

• What game you running bots/servers for?

• @doughnet said:
    What game you running bots/servers for?

Insurgency

• camjac251 said: Really?

Pls note that I used past tense.

• Isn't the overhead of resources quite intensive for a FPS server to be able to run 50 of them on a VPS? Or do you need to just run 1 server that can handle 50 bots? Id recommend a dedicated server and using SYS for good DDOS protection along with 1gbit line.

Does the game server run off multiple cores or just 1 core? Maybe the VPS you have been using are slow per core in performance (like < 2gighz) and causing the issues you are noticing. I'd recommend grabbing SSD for performance for sure. Datashack has good specs.

https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/

check them out, at bottom they have deals for 4core/6core AMD for under $40/month

• @doughnet said:
    Isn't the overhead of resources quite intensive for a FPS server to be able to run 50 of them on a VPS? Or do you need to just run 1 server that can handle 50 bots? Id recommend a dedicated server and using SYS for good DDOS protection along with 1gbit line.

Does the game server run off multiple cores or just 1 core? Maybe the VPS you have been using are slow per core in performance (like < 2gighz) and causing the issues you are noticing. I'd recommend grabbing SSD for performance for sure. Datashack has good specs.

https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/

check them out, at bottom they have deals for 4core/6core AMD for under $40/month

Well then http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Opteron+2216+HE&id=1787&cpuCount=2

• @4n0nx said:
    Have been with tragicservers for a few days and am happy (stable ping, etc). Would not recommend anything from OVH (soyoustart is from them) because their support will not help you if anything is broken.

Answer time is like infinite for me, tried to call and no answer ?.?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

May i invite you to check what vm we are selling ?
    https://express.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

• @Ikoula said:
    Hello,

May i invite you to check what vm we are selling ?

Is that a question..

• @4n0nx

Thanks for the kind words :)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Sounds to me like you need a dedicated server more than a vps. Game servers also generally need DDoS protection which isn't exactly cheap.

Either way I think dedicated is what you should aim for because that many bots would likely cause cpu spikes on most vps nodes.

• OVH sir

• I can give you a VDS ( virtual dedicated server ) that is way better than a vps for $20 / Month. Contact me if still in need. [email protected]

• @biuletech said:
    I can give you a VDS ( virtual dedicated server ) that is way better than a vps for $20 / Month. Contact me if still in need. [email protected]

VDS is just for marketing purposes, such thing doesn't actually exist

• @camjac251 said:
    VDS is just for marketing purposes, such thing doesn't actually exist

It's 'Dedicated' for more moniesss!

• @themt said:
    It's 'Dedicated' for more moniesss!

marketing is money. You don't make money off of something if nobody knows it exists. So marketing something other than a VPS would interest people into seeing what it is.