Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What exactly happened with BlueVM? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What exactly happened with BlueVM?

2»

Comments

• jcaleb said: Bluevm have problems with downtime and support. But usable.

True I have a 512MB KVM from their LA location. Its quite usable and uptime is decent. last month i had an downtime, and bluevm issued sla credits for the same. so its all good. keep in mind I pay $10/yr for that..

• I got another reply from a staff just now:

We have taken the only steps we can take. We have contacted the datacenter and entered a work ticket for the nodes to be brought back up as quickly as possible. There is nothing more we can do, as we do not have physical access to the nodes.

I don't know what can I do, in fact I can do nothing except waiting, but already 5 weeks, does it still have any hope?

I think if they feel the node will gone forever, they should at least setup a new vps on other nodes for us now, doesn't it?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

hotsnow said: I think if they feel the node will gone forever, they should at least setup a new vps on other nodes for us now, doesn't it?

Absolutely, after more than a day, I suppose that is the way to deal with the issue. In another datacenter, of course.

• hotsnow said: I got another reply from a staff just now

I got the exact same reply, surprisingly fast actually. Kudos for that.

Answers to my follow-up questions are yet to follow. I know from PrivateLayer that they haven't had any noticeable issues network-wise, which makes me think this is a hardware or a financial issue.

I also haven't heard how they are going to compensate me for this, but then again, it may be a bit early to compensate now while nobody knows how long this will take.

• emg said: The accompanying text included the following, which must have been pulled out of their ... : "We have featured BlueVM quite some times since early 2012 and reviews have been mainly positive."

I've never had service with BlueVM, but to be fair, I always thought they were a decent provider. Of course, I don't think that anymore, but if you disregard the last couple of months, you will find quite a few positive reviews.